“Scary and not worth the cost. It's not the REAL Gangster Museum”

Josephine Tussauds Wax Museum
Ranked #36 of 79 things to do in Hot Springs
Reviewed January 20, 2014

My kids are older, and they were scared around every corner by the creepy wax figures. I know that might seem obvious, but it even creeped me out. The only reason we went was because the signs on the outside made me think it was the Gangster Museum. They are drawing on the fact that you think it's the good one and set the bait with their signage. Yes they have a few exhibits that you can read. One neat secret passage type thing, but seriously the room that exhibit is in is pretty much the totality of their "gangster museum"- a cold and nasty room with copies of newspapers up on the wall during the time Al Capone and other mobsters were making the news.

Basically, it's an unkempt building with scary inaccurate (for the most part) wax figures.

There are newer reviews for Josephine Tussauds Wax Museum

Reviewed December 30, 2013

Every corner was another shock. It looked great and the statues were almost alive. The horror section was eerie, I thought something was going to jump out and grab us! The fantasy area was my favorite, the Jack Sparrow was spot on.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

Our children asked if we would take them, since we had never been to a wax museum. They thought it was pretty neat, but my husband and I thought the place needed a whole lot of TLC. There were so many faded signs, and so many "people" that didn't even look right. We couldn't get over the fact that Jacqueline Kennedy didn't even have a name plate. It also felt like there were some inconsistencies on the size of the "people."

The museum also contained a (non-wax) section about the illegal casinos that had existed in Hot Springs. That might have been more interesting, but we had already heard too much about the illegal casinos on our Duck Tour.

Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

The only reason we stopped in was due to the rain. I have seen better wax figures before, and most of the figures are dated. The kids did enjoy seeing the ones they recognized. We enjoyed seeing the history of the building. Don't forget to ask the attendant to show you the 'secret passageway'; you have to ask. The place could use more modern figures, and a better artist. All in all it was a good time, tool about an hour for 2 adults & 2 children.

1  Thank Cryoking
Reviewed September 24, 2013

This does not measure up to any wax museum I have ever visited. Very few actual exhibits. Two rooms plastered with photo copies of news paper articles. Many of the figures did not resemble the real person.

1  Thank Donnabello