“Gangsta gettaway”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Hannibal, Missouri
“Gangsta gettaway”
Reviewed August 6, 2012

I think I have the right Angels--the one in the historic district in the old bank. Felt very old time Chicago and was very convenient for lunch. We had the caprese salad--husband's first time and now a new favorite-and shared a cannoli. I had very good iced tea. Waitress friendly, not too crowded, very low key and relaxing. I found myself confessing things I hadn;t thought of in years--wonder if the mood had anything to do with it? Prices very reasonable.
Other items on menu looked good as well.

Visited July 2012

Downsville, Louisiana, United States
“Ok but seen better”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

The pizza was ok - very very rich - i would recommend pairing it up with a salad. We sat near the door and would see alot of people leaving because they had to wait - no hostess. There is a wood oven they cook in - seems neat - husband enjoyed his - but was too rich!

Visited May 2012
Cabot, AR
“Don't say you weren't warned. Try somewhere else,”
Reviewed August 3, 2012 via mobile

Wanted to go to J & S Italian Villa , last trip in Hot Springs had a great experience. Unfortunately the restaurant burned down today. Looked through reviews and settled for Angels. Knowing how Hot Springs is busy on weekends I made a reservation. Good thing at 7 they were on a 30 minute wait. Seated immediately but waited 10 minutes for server to take a drink order. Couple walked in behind us and walked out because the were tired of waiting, We should have done the same. Food was slow, service slow, food quality poor. There is not a kids menu as they will make a half order of the dinner, so kids spaghetti was $7.50 and a can of coke was $2.00. My wife had a calzone and was brought out nice looking calzone but was filled with ricotta cheese-what???? I had the Chicken Parmigiana and wanted angel hair pasta. The pasta dinners came out 10 minutes after the calzone, because pizzas are cooked in the front of the restaurant not in the kitchen. The angel hair and spaghetti noodles were way overlooked and mushy. The kids tolerated theirs but I sent mine back and was told by the server that this happens because the chefs precook the pasta then heat up again for each order. Server came back stating the pasta was being cooked fresh. About 5 minutes later my food returns with the same chicken now cold sitting on hot undercooked angel hair- Really!!!. If you can't get noodles right there is definitely a problem. Ate the chicken and wife and kids left to go browsing art galleries while I waited another 10 minutes for the check. Needless to say we won't be back. You have been warned.

1 Thank 4HRoss
New Hudson, Michigan
“Didn't get served!”
Reviewed July 31, 2012

Arrived 6:30 on a Tuesday. They werent busy, but we were seated with menus and forgotten. We sat at the front table and waited 15 minutes with no waitstaff even bringing water! We chose to leave after host/manager looked at us for the third time without even offering a smile.

Houston, Texas
“A nice break for lunch”
Reviewed July 31, 2012

This is an attractive restaurant across from the bath houses. We had a antipasto, pizza, and pasta. I highly recommend the pizza.

Visited July 2012