“Wonderful View”

Hot Springs Mountain
Ranked #8 of 78 things to do in Hot Springs
More attraction details
Owner description: Great views can be had from the observation tower atop this mountain.
Harrison, Arkansas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful View”
Reviewed January 6, 2012

We went on the hike that goes up by the tower. It was beautiful there. The Hot Springs have been capped off on the top on the mountain. So, one would need to look at those located downtown. It was a great hike with a wonderful view.

Visited December 2011

texas
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Good Weekend Visit”
Reviewed September 22, 2011

Spa central, at least for Arkansas, some history and water sports to boot. The historic baths are well kept and tours are provided.
Local bars are a must, and there are a few must eat restaurants.

Visited October 2010
Coon Rapids, Minnesota
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“The Ranger was the greatest”
Reviewed March 28, 2011

I am a National Parks fanatic. I have been to so many, I can't count them, but I just had to write a review about this one.
We were on a 1 week road trip and stopped at Hot Springs National Park. Our 1st stop is always the visitors center at any park. We were greeted by Josh at the information desk and he had so much information and had the friendliest demeanor!! I have never been so impressed by a Ranger before. Josh has a lot of information for us. Later in the day, we came back and Josh was there to great us again. He had so much more information for us. Much later in the day, we ran into Josh, up in the park, while he was out for his run. We enjoyed visiting with him once again.
If you are lucky enough to meet him, enjoy the experience. If not, I hope you get someone equally as friendly! Thanks Josh!!!

Visited March 2011
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Good View of Town and Surrounding Area”
Reviewed October 14, 2010

We took a long weekend trip to Hot Springs National Park this past summer. The park itself was very interesting and the kids enjoyed touching the hot water coming from the springs around town. There wasn't a whole lot to do in this area, so I am glad we limited it to just a 3 day weekend. Don't go expecting huge mountains as you will be very disappointed, but the mountains that are there are very lovely and the town is quaint and well laid out if you stay by the national park. Bathhouse Row is a cool feature as well as the Hot Springs Tower. Garvand Gardens was a beautiful facility, but if you have a hard time walking up and down steep inclines, you should opt for the golf cart tour. This wasn't one of our better vacations, but it was nice to see another part of the country and let the kids visit another National Park. All in all we had a nice time, but I don't foresee us rushing back as we weren't that impressed.

1 Thank rktriplett
Ft Worth, TX
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“beautiful views, especially at sunset”
Reviewed August 28, 2007

My family recently visited the Hot Springs Mountain Tower, and it was a fun little outing for us. My kids (4 & 6) really enjoyed riding up the glass elevator and viewing the amusement park from a telescope on top of the tower. The view of Hot Springs from up there was very pretty, and we had fun picking out our hotel and other places we visited in Hot Springs from up so high. I recommend visiting here if you are in Hot Springs. The drive up the mountain only takes maybe 5 minutes or so.

2 Thank sweetmammasita