“Just not my thing”

Buckstaff Bathhouse
More attraction details
Owner description: The only working bathhouse left on "Bathhouse Row," a popular hot springs bathing area in the 1920s.
Reviewed May 18, 2014

I really don't have any bathhouse experience against which to compare the Buckstaff, but I really didn't enjoy it. Hot Springs is noted for its bathhouse culture that was at its heyday 90 years ago, and the place shows it. I thought the bathhouse was kind of shabby and rundown, much like Hot Springs itself, and not worth the money I paid. The massage was lame and the whirlpool was nothing to write home about. If I ever go back to Hot Springs, I'll give the baths a miss.

There are newer reviews for Buckstaff Bathhouse

Reviewed May 17, 2014

The history of this area and this bathhouse is great. We both had the baths and it was amazing. Privacy was not a problem. The staff is very professional and friendly. Everything was explained in advance and while you were bathing. Can't wait to go again.

Reviewed May 17, 2014

My daughter and I visited bathhouse row recently. The bathhouses are located on the same street. The buildings were clean and almost hospital like. It is possible to walk up and get a time for a bath and massage which I believe to be about seventy dollars. The national parks have a building with souviners in it and you can learn about all the bathhouses there. Due to time constraints on our part we were unable to have a bath.

Reviewed May 10, 2014

OK, maybe the expectation bar was set too high compared to Calistoga, Napa Valley.
Buckstaff is what you would expect from the old days. Not a problem. Except for some significant deferred maintenance.
Hot mineral bath? - not hot enough until you finally get the attendant's attention near the end of your allotted time.
Steam booth? - terrific!
Massage? - I'd rather rassle with a stray dog. I was suffering some very specific ailments [ruptured disk in back; tendinitis/meniscus issue in knee]. I thought Dave the masseur could take some specific direction. Nope - 20 minutes, top to bottom, yer outta here!

I highly recommend the mineral bath, but pass on the massage.

Reviewed April 13, 2014

My husband and I were very disappointed in the service that we received here. It was not what we were expecting!! Too open and fast paced. NOT relaxing at all.

3  Thank Butter B