“Neat place to see”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Bathhouse Row

Bathhouse Row
Ranked #6 of 74 things to do in Hot Springs
More attraction details
Owner description: A collection of historic bathhouses where people flocked in the early 20th century for therapeutic hot springs baths.
Oakley, IL
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Neat place to see”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013

We went to Hot Springs for a girls getaway and after reading the reviews, opted to go to Quapaw Bathhouse. We went to the public pools ($18 for as long as you want, no reservation needed). You need to bring rubber-soled flip flops (*do NOT bring leather sandals as they won't let you use them as the salt will ruin them.) They do have flip flops you can buy for $1.00. There were 4 different pools ranging in temp from 91 to 104 degrees. There is also a shower house with soap/shampoo dispensers & lockers. It was nice, and I'm glad we went, but honestly, the jacuzzi in our room at Lookout Point Lakeside Inn was just as relaxing! The ladies working there said when it is really busy, it gets quite loud. There is a cafe as well. We didn't get massages here as the reviewers said they just sort of pat you. We went to Sabai Massage Spa instead which was wonderful!

1 Thank barbi62

Memphis, Tennessee
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Nostalgic, but not my cup of tea”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2013

The spa was nostalgic, but not up to par. I know this is an older place but I was appalled that they did not offer slippers with the wrap around towel they provided. I opted for their "The Works" package which included a 20 minute soak in the private mineral water tub, a scrub which lasted about 1 minute, a hot towel wrap, which by the way was the highlight of the visit for me, I loved that! and a massage. I have to say the soak was very relaxing but the massage must have been a joke as I was not so much massaged as just rubbed lightly with some sort of lotion while the masseuse talked the whole time tensing me up instead of relaxing me. If you decide to visit this spa, I would recommend the tub soak and steamed towel wrap without the massage. I did not try the various other amenities thinking "The Works" meant the works. Oh yes, please bring some sort of footwear to walk around in. I'm sure the floors were clean, but do not wish to mingle my feet with the other customers walking around. They provided plenty of the mineral water to drink and gave me the nice loofah sponge they had used for my scrub.

2 Thank reno876
Heber Springs, Arkansas
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“If you like history, this is the place....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013

Hot Springs is FULL of history, one of the prettiest places in Arkansas, the Bathhouse Row is even more so.
The buildings are VERY interesting..each has a story, then there is the promenade walk and the scenery, and the information about the springs, and the history of the people who came to Hot Springs for vacationing...
It is awesome.

Chicago, Illinois
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Unique downtown”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013

How many towns have a national park just steps away? Hot Springs does, and many shops to browse in while in the downtown.You can also fill your jug with free mineral water at the fountain right in the middle of town.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Barb320_10
Rockwall, TX
51 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 124 helpful votes
“Interesting”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

It was interesting to walk down the row and see the different architecture of the bath houses. The Magnolia lined street is so pretty.

Visited October 2013