“HOT SPRINGS NATIONAL PARK”
Review of Bathhouse Row

Bathhouse Row
Ranked #6 of 81 things to do in Hot Springs
More attraction details
Owner description: A collection of historic bathhouses where people flocked in the early 20th century for therapeutic hot springs baths.
Reviewed September 30, 2011

This is a very interesting place. The history is fascinating. The park headquarters is in one of the old bathouses. You can take a guided or self guided tour of the facility.We were there for about 2 hours. The town and park are one.You have to pay to park. We parked in a covered public parking garage. There are parking meters at every space. We fed it alot of quarters. We went over our time, but did not get a ticket. Bathouse row is level ground, but the rest is hilly and steep in some places.The bathouse row side is Federal and the other side of the street is city and state. There are lots of shops and a few eateries. The Ohio CLub has great food at a reasonable price. You have to be 21 years or older to go in.It was established in 1905 and has the original moirrors and carved wood surround. Lots of old time celebrities and gangsters went there. The downtown area might take a day, but there isn't much else to see, unless you drive around in the national park area. We found a small camping-day park-just ouside of Hot Springsoff of hwy 7 N-Gulpha Park. It has a sign at the turn off. You can wade in the beautiful water,( see small fish , crawfish (even a small snake!) or go up the mountain on Goat Trail and see the spectacular view from several overlooks. The climb is a little steep, in places, but the views are well worth it.

Reviewed September 28, 2011

Thank you Miss Glenda for the wonderful bath house experince at the Arlington hotel. I had toured the National Parks museum/ bathhouse building and while there I watched the video on the bathhouse experience. To my surprise when I inquired at the Arlington hotel , I was given a tour of that bathhouse and this clinched my decision on having a mineral bath, sauna and warm towel wraps at this hotel. Glenda is an excellent bathhouse personal assistant- a big thank you to Glenda. The cost was $30 for this 2 hr experience- what a wonderful way to pass an afternoon.

2  Thank gypsies5
Reviewed July 20, 2011

Bathhouse row is steeped in history and it was an incredible day. I toured the visitor center which has 3 fllors of rooms exactly as they were 100 years ago. I then took the tour of the hot springs. It took maybe 30 minutes with very light walking and we got to taste the springs as the park ranger provides a handy cup for everyone. along the tour you get to see the hotel where Al Capone used to stay (not a part of the tour) but it is nearby and visible. I then went to the Buckstaff and spent $32 for an hour of incredible relaxation. If you are shy then this might not be the thing for you but if you are not, then be prepared to live in luxury for an hour or so and be treated very kindly by the staff there.

AWESOME day!

15  Thank vtgmsc
Reviewed May 3, 2010

Lot of history and intrigue, enjoyed the bathhouse stroll and the tour through the Fordyce. I would have loved to see the town 50 years ago as it appears to be a fossil of what it once was. Enjoyed the views from the mountain tower and goat rock, friendly people and well worth another visit.

Reviewed October 8, 2009

This was my second trip to Bathhouse Row and I still haven't had a chance to explore all I wanted to see. Make sure you visit the Fordyce Bathhouse, now the park's visitor center. There are things to see in every nook and cranny as the house has been restored to its original splendor. Don't miss the gymnasium on the 3rd level. Accessible to all, including our stroller with our 1-year-old. Still want to take in the actual bathhouse experience at Buckstaff. Prices are very reasonable. Hopefully next trip! Bring an empty water jug to fill at the free thermal water fountains outside.

4  Thank HikingMomma826