Clarion Resort on the Lake
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$163
$149
  • Breakfast included
Comfort Suites Hot Springs(Hot Springs)(Great Value!)
$110
Best Western Winners Circle(Hot Springs)(Great Value!)
$77
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Hot Springs(Hot Springs)(Great Value!)
$97
Hampton Inn Hot Springs(Hot Springs)(Great Value!)
$141
$110
Lookout Point Lakeside Inn(Hot Springs)
$300
$99
Staybridge Suites Hot Springs(Hot Springs)(Great Value!)
$94
Baymont Inn & Suites Hot Springs(Hot Springs)(Great Value!)
$105
La Quinta Inn & Suites Hot Springs(Hot Springs)(Great Value!)
$99
All reviewssports bar restaurantboat dockhotel restaurantan older hotelthe room was niceprivate balconywould stay againtrip to hot springsdesk clerkbalconiespetconferenceoaklawntrack
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 26, 2008

I knew I was in trouble when I pulled into the parking lot. The building looked like something out of the 1960s. Upon entering the building, I noticed there was an obvious problem with the A/C. Not only did the A/C not work properly but one of only two elevators was out of service the entire 5 days of my stay. My experience only got worse when I opened the door of my room. I was hit with an overpowering smell of wet dog...and I didn't bring a dog! The room was the size of a small dungeon and was just as damp as I imagine a dungeon to be. It was so small that our luggage had to be unpacked and stored back in our car. Our toilet stopped up everyday so we had daily visits from maintenance. I could go on and on but the memories are too painful.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank benoitqueen
Reviewed July 20, 2008

I thought from the pictures that this hotel looked really nice and I was excited that it was going to be on the lake! Well it is beside the lake. One end of the hotel is beside the lake so if you stay on that end of the hotel on the back side, you will get a partial view. of the lake. It's definitely not anything to get excited about. I was disppointed upon arriving and thought that there was no way it looked as nice as it did in the pictures. It looks like it was new in '62 and even though it has been renovated it still feels old. There's nothing that feels good about this property. The rooms are o.k. I can't say their bad, they have been redone but it just felt like a cheap hotel to me. We were supposed to stay two nights but left after one.
If you just need a hotel because you are going to be on the lake a lot and you want something that's close to the lake then this would be a good choice.

Stayed: June 2008
Reviewed May 18, 2008

The Hotel :
Booked a Partial Lake View King Size for the weekend of May 4-6th. The hotel was sparsely populated, probably because it was a few weeks before memorial day when Peak season starts. The staff were very courteous and the hotel was very clean but from the outside it looks like any eye sore compared to the surroundings especiall when you drive into Hotsprings on byway 7 and see the Hamilton house first. They have a boat rental on site but unfortunately they were not open for business yet. There is a boat rental close by which the staff reccommends.
The on-site restaurant and Bar was nice with a good menu.
The hotel is about 7 miles from downtown and the National park so we found ourselves driving up and down. This was only a minor inconvenience though and there are several good restaurants around include a STARBUCKS!!!

The Room :
Excellent room. Comfortable beds and a very clean room. Enjoyed the shower head, which is a detail several hotels overlook. The partial lake view was nice but the balcony is too tiny to really enjoy it.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed April 27, 2008

My wife and I stayed at the Clarion the summer of 2006 and enjoyed our stay. We decided to go back this last weekend and found a nicely renovated room and a very friendly staff. Our 6yr old and 2 yr old wished they could swim(too cold, pool was open though) but they enjoyed the playground. We ate breakfast at the restaurant on Saturday and were pleased with the price, quality, and service. My wife and I like margaritas so the bar was nice although we had to get the drinks "to go" because of the kids. My wifes Mom stayed at the Velda Rose downtown so we had a baby sitter for Saturday night and enjoyed dinner in the Classics bar. I recommend the mushroom swiss burger-it was great! and the sports theme was of course a favorite with me..Leslie the bartender was great, Jason at the desk was great!, Our waitress and cook saturday the 26th for breakfast were great!..

I definetely recommend this hotel. Try and get a lakeview, it is worth the extra money.

Stayed: April 2008
Reviewed March 10, 2008

My husband and I have stayed here a few times in the past and just recently we went with our 9 month old son. It was completely renovated which was really nice. We booked through Hotwire and got a really good deal. We also asked the lady at the front desk if she could upgrade us and she did at no charge. We had a room with a balcony which had a good view of the lake. I was concerned about the door to the balcony though because it had one very small lock on the door that just didn't seem sufficient and the lock on the door knob did not work. Even though we were on the second floor it still made me a bit nervous about intruders and things like that. The room would get pretty cold because the seals on the door to the balcony could be replaced. There were about a million teenagers on our floor also, which we didn't mind because we used to be young ourselves, and I told my husband if they didn't calm down by midnight that I would call the front desk- because I did have a baby that needed to get some sleep-so midnight came and still they were having loads of fun so I called the front desk and asked that they just be told to quiet down a bit, and the noise pretty much stopped immediately. Overall it is a nice hotel, good upgrades, they have a bar/grill which we didn't try but they have room service as well. They do have a computer with internet access in the lobby in case you forgot your laptop but you do have to pay to use it. There is also a cabinet with mini fridge and microwave which was nice too.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank jadensmom