“Great place!” 5 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #5 of 42 Hotels in Hot Springs
“Great place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

This was a great hotel. The staff was extremely friendly, the rooms were very clean. The bed was truly comfy and I slept great! The rooms have a sofa, refrigerator, free breakfast, free wifi! The hot tub was great. This is truly the number 1 hotel in Hot Springs. Great location! Couldn't ask for a better stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Marcylovesfood

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Olympic National Park, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012 via mobile

Good hotel option for a family, 2 queen beds and a pull out sofa. Far away from hot springs national park not within walking distance, you will need to drive through the creepy town to get to the natl park. Very run down city, not really a good destination for families in my opinion. Hot breakfast was good, indoor pool was almost not useable due to chlorine content. The only other option in town is the Embassy Suites which is closer to the national park. It appeared to be new and not creepy as well. Arlington is a big disappointment, don't waste your time/money there. Sooo, this is your only option outside of embassy suites.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Rainforestrunner
missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

Stayed at this property after checking out immediately upon check-in at another hotel due to cleanliness issues.

This is probably a little better than the average Comfort Inn & Suites. The front desk manager was extremely nice; handled check-in smoothly; made a good recommendation for dinner and was generally helpful.

There's an indoor pool that had a tad bit too much chlorine; my kids swam, I did not. There were plenty of towels available at the pool site.

Breakfast (included) was the standard fare but with the addition of hot items like eggs, biscuits, gravy and breakfast meat. The breakfast area was adequate.

We would stay in this hotel again .... and probably will on our return trip.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Hot Springs, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

Over the past two years I have stayed at this hotel on numerous occassions and it is a wonderful place to stay. The staff is always helpful and the rooms are always clean! They have a great breakfast! I travel a lot and stay in numerous hotels. This one is a favorite of mine. It is very easy to find and very close to everything Hot Springs, AR has to offer. I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: I have stayed in rooms all over this hotel and never had a problem.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
The Woodlands, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

This is the 2nd time I've stayed in this location. The room was dark. There were no overhead lights, only lamps that lit the area right around the lamp. The room was clean, but it definitely lacked enough electrical outlets for the tech savvy traveler. I had items plugged into the desk, the bedside, and the bathroom - just to cover phones, laptops and iPads! I've stayed at other Comfort Suites and they have installed some really nice 4-plug outlets by the bedside table and on the desk. These are needed in all of the hotel rooms! When we asked the staff to recommend some good places to eat they definitely came to the rescue. Both nights we were there they recommended great dinner restaurants. It is not walking distance from historic Hot Springs, but the drive is fairly short. The A/C was noisy and we heard others talking about the same issues in their rooms. I will be making additional trips to Hot Springs, but having a room that was appropriately lighted, and if they added additional electrical outlets -- it sure would make the stay more comfortable.

Room Tip: Stay on the top floor so you have no noise above you!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank dpleake
Cincinnati, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

The Comfort Suites in Hot Springs come highly recommended on trip advisor so we selected this for our over night stay on our road trip. The pictures looked good, and the pool looked very aesthetic. Overall the stay was nice, the rooms were definitely high quality, and the hotel is very new, which makes it comfortable. So no comment there. The breakfast was basic, and they do have the option to make waffles. Unfortunately the hotel does not serve real maple syrup, but the new "breakfast syrup" from Heinz, which essentially looks, smells, and tastes like maple syrup, and even has a little maple leaf on the packaging (misleading), while in reality it is a highly synthetic, corn syrup based product. We enthusiastically took the girls to the pool. This is were it got bad. The water was so dirty, that it wasn't clear any more. Probably because of the high daily traffic and the lach of chlorine treatment. I got in with my daughter but we got out quickly because i was not going to take that risk. Additionally, there was a family of women and a man who were swimming in their dresses, not in bathing suits. Finally, there is no ability to shower prior to going into the water, nor is there a footbath. So you can imagine how that pool would score on a health services inspection. Not good. Net, don't go to the comfort suites for the pool or the breakfast. But the rooms are really nice.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
boron58, Owner at Comfort Suites Hot Springs, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
Thanks for your recent stay at the Comfort Suites in Hot Springs. I appreciate the nice words about the hotel and the quality of the guest rooms.
I read your comments about the pool and would like to offer a little insight to your views on the pool quality. The pool ios checked daily for levels of five different things including chlorine. The cloudiness could have been caused by a recent addition of sodium bicarbonate (baking soda) to the pool for a ph adjustment. This will cause a cloudy appearance in the pool for about an hour while the powder is still in suspension until it completely dissolves. This is most likely the cause of the cloudiness, not a lack of chlorine.
You mentioned you didn't see a shower or foot bath prior to using the pool. I'm sorry you didnt see the shower located next to the pool towel stand right. It is adjacent to the pool entry door. The shower is available for everyone to use, however, I can't testify to how many guests actually do. As to the people in the pool with dresses on,, all I can say is it could have happened. Not everyone behaves themselves when they come to Hot Springs.
Thanks again for staying with us. We hope to see you again.
Southaven, Mississippi
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

We had a wonderful time until the last night. The rooms were nice, breakfast was good, people were friendly, pool was okay...etc....Our problem was when we woke up on the last morning of our stay... My husband and I were covered in red spots. We could not figure out what had happened to us. Driving back home we thought of bed bugs. I remembered that when I woke up and went to the bathroom there was this lil bug crawling in bathroom where I was. After researching on the internet, it was def a bed bug. We called the hotel and finally got to talk to manager after 2 days(we had left messages for them to return but never did). They did not see any but was going to get health inspector to look and send us a copy. As of today (July 27) we still have not received a copy. Well we stayed in room 306 back on July 14-17, 2012. The bed closes to window. We just want others to check and be aware...Bed bugs bite and don't come out til several days after...so check beds and behind board!!! The reason I rated so low was due to bed bugs...don't want anyone to be misserable like we were!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
13 Thank BrandiM373
boron58, Owner at Comfort Suites Hot Springs, responded to this review, August 25, 2012
Thanks for the kind words about what you experienced at the hotel during your recent stay. You have reported a unsubstantiated claim that you were bitten by a bed bug. You claimed that you were going to go to the doctor and verify that claim. You never did what you said you were going to do. I on the other hand voluntarily called the State of Arkansas Health Department for an inspection for bed bugs. The inspector came, has more resources to investigate than I knew existed and gave us a clean bill of health. This room has been rented repeatedly since you checked out and not one issue. I forwarded a copy to your family as sonn as I received the written inspection report from the state department.
I think what you did was mean and maliscious. What you really wanted was a discount that we didn't feel obligated to give you. You were not able to show any employee of this hotel any evidence of any bugs in your room. As a hospitaIity professional, I have been trained for what to look for. A bedbug trail is easy to see according to what we have been trained to look for. I'm sure you might have seen an insect in the bathroom. You've probalby seen them in yours at home as well. Insects seem to be attracted to lights. However, isn't it funny you saw it in the bathroom and not in the bed where you claim to have been bitten? Maybe they should call them bathroom bugs instead.
Arkansas is billed as the Natural State. We have insects such as chiggers, mosquitos and ants that can stick, sting and bite and cause all types of uncomfortable reactions. I could believe you encountered those while you were here. I don't believe you encountered bed bugs as you said.
By the way. Not all ants are fire ants either.

Jeff Purnell, owner