“Might be the best in Hot Springs”

Comfort Suites Hot Springs
Ranked #4 of 45 Hotels in Hot Springs
Texas
“Might be the best in Hot Springs”
Reviewed December 8, 2011

This is a very good hotel and one of the best in Hot Springs ,which is a bit lacking in quality hotels. The location of this hotel can't be beat as it is a short drive to restaurants, the mall for shopping or a quick trip to a drug store for forgotten items, They are all easily within 5 minute drive. With the freeway right out front, you have quick access to anywhere in the city, however, due to the freeway, road noise was unfortunately an issue at the hotel.
The staff here at this Comfort Suites is very professional, friendly, and do all they can to make your stay comfortable.
The rooms are average size and have all the amenities that your would need, a mini fridge and microwave, plus a comfortable bed. The old pictures of Hot Springs hanging in the room are a nice touch.
When we checked in there was a unknown stain on the sheets of the bed and I saw the cleaning person in the hallway cleaning another room, I brought it to her attention and asked if I could have clean sheets to change it, she asked to see the stain as she changed them herself the day before, not sure if she didn’t believe me or just wanted to see the stain herself. She came in the room and saw the stain and handed me the new sheets, I changed them myself.
The breakfast offered in the morning is good, although after 4 days I began to feel it was a bit redundant and was ready for a change. They had scrambled eggs, a different meat, sausage, ham etc everyday. They had fresh fruit and cereals plus make your own waffles.

The pool area was nice and clean. The pool is somewhat small but is fine for a quick dip.
The hot tub was relaxing and clean. The problem in the pool area was the water fountains do not work, this is frustrating as the hotel seems to care about the details and when you find something that doesn’t work as expected it leaves you wondering why it was overlooked and not corrected.
The workout room is small but had updated equipment and seemed to be in good condition. It doesn’t look like it is used much or checked by the staff as there ware cobwebs on the ceiling that was a bit disgusting to look at. I don’t blame the hotel too much as this as Hot Springs and exercise/working out is not really a priority in the city, one look around the town can tell you that. However, it would have been nice if they noticed the light fixtures had large cobwebs and needed to be cleaned.

The business area consists of two computers and a printer in good working order, and was never really busy.
The lobby is very nice and comfortable with good quality furniture and furnishings.
The few problems I found with this hotel are the road noise from the nearby freeway.
The hospital next door planted a few trees in front to buffer the sound a bit and I suggest the hotel do the same as you can hear trucks go by all hours of the night. I also suggest any light sleeper get a room towards the back of the property to limit the noise and get a 4th floor room, the top floor. The walls seem to be very thing and we could hear footsteps from the guest above us during the night.
The hotel also should consider a entrance sign on Werner road, the road that leads into the hotel, its pitch black out at night on that road and with two way traffic its very easy to pass up your turn to the hotel, a small lit sign with and arrow indicating where to turn would be a big plus for guest coming to this hotel.
In a city that lack good quality lodging, this is really your best bet, as far as being clean and comfortable. If you are a light sleeper you might want to look somewhere else.

I wouldn’t hesitate staying here again as long as I get the room requested four noise reduction purposes.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
6 Thank goldendeal

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
London
Reviewed November 14, 2011

I stayed here for 1 night when passing through Hot Springs....I wish we'd had longer! The hotel looks fairly new so the rooms were spacious, comfortable and well-equipped. We loved the pool (although quite small) and hot tub which was great for relaxing after a long drive. Complimentary wifi was great and breakfast was fine (nothing exciting but welcome all the same). The reception staff were super-helpful. The hotel is about a 5 min drive to Downtown Hot Springs which was fine for us as the closer hotels seemed a little run down. We loved Hot Springs and would definitely stay at the Comfort Suites if we returned. Would also recommend Belle Arti Italian Restaurant in Downtown Hot Springs for dinner....the food was better than anything I've eaten in Italy (and I go to Italy a lot!)

Room Tip: I asked for a room that was not facing the highway which was quieter.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Sydney
Reviewed November 4, 2011

What a great hotel!
Big clean rooms, lovely indoor pool and jacuzzi which was perfect after our 6 hour drive to hot Springs!
Great breakfast buffet, and friendly and helpful staff
Would highly recommend!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank PinkPinkPinkSydney
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed November 1, 2011

I was so pleased when we opened the door to our King deluxe jacuzzi suite room and noitced all the nice morden styling of the room. The hotel is located close to a shopping plaza with different chain restaurants very close by and local restaurants also within a mile. After the drive from Memphis decided to unwind in the large bed with multiple pillows only to find the mattress felt like a bed of BRICKS!!! Toured bathhouse row (Quapaw massage was wonderful) ate dinner (Fisherman Wharf) came back that nite and could not rest due to the stiff mattress. After, our second horrible nite of unrest we decided to end our trip a day early and return home!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Mookietales
boron58, Owner at Comfort Suites Hot Springs, responded to this review, November 15, 2011
I'm sorry you didn't enjoy your stay due to the firmness of our beds. The mattresses we use are the Serta Perfect Sleeper made especially for the Comfort Suites brand. When my wife and I purchased the furnishng and fixtures for the hotel, we selected the upgraded plush series instead of the standard variety. In addition, we selected an upgraded mattress pad seems to be to most of our guests liking. I'm sorry you were disappointed with the bedding combination. As you know, we try to use things that are suitable to the general population of various travelers. I'm sorry we did not meet your specific needs in the beding department. I wish there was something more we could have done.
I hope you enjoyed everything else we had to offer in the hotel. Thank you for your patronage.

Jeff and Cynthia Purnell, owners
North Miami, Florida
Reviewed October 24, 2011

Very very nice! The hotel was clean and the staff was very friendly. Hot Spring is a beautiful town and I wouldn't trade the experience i had for anything!! Go Visit!!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed October 18, 2011

I stay here a couple times a month for business. The hotel is always clean and the service is great. Rooms are spacious, AC controls work great, bed is comfy. Hands down, the best hotel in Hot Springs!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Outkast217
Zanesville, OH
Reviewed September 18, 2011

The exterior of this new hotel was reminiscent of the architecture on bathhouse row. The rock fountain at the entrance was also reminiscent of the stone spring. Lots of beautiful flowers on the property. Very nice spacious room, good breakfast. I would stay again if visiting Hot Springs.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family