“Great Rustic Cabins Right on Lake Hamilton”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Five Points Cabins

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Five Points Cabins
Flower Mound, Texas
“Great Rustic Cabins Right on Lake Hamilton”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

My husband and I spent five days in the medium sized, one bedroom cabin and couldn’t be happier with the location, the service and the overall experience. Skip, the owner, is a great host-super friendly and accommodating. The cabin had everything we needed and the “breakfast fixin’s” were a great touch we really enjoyed each morning. Being pet friendly was a perfect fit for us too!

We walked to the lake to swim (3-5 min walk--literally within sight of the cabin) and spent several evenings down at the gazebo enjoying the fireflies and a nice adult beverage.

We fell in love with Hot Springs and are already planning our next trip. When we go, we will definitely stay at Five Points again!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Amy R

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Bellaire, Texas
Reviewed May 28, 2013

My wife and I stayed here three years ago and returned again this month since we enjoyed our last stay.
I really like staying in the cabins.............it's a lot more fun than a hotel room.
Others have commented on the supplies provided for breakfasts....which we enjoyed.
They provide cable tv and free internet and a lot of friendly personal service.

Room Tip: We were in cabin three which was small but adequate for a couple.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TomFromBellaire
Crossett, Arkansas, United States
Reviewed March 23, 2013

It was really so lovely. We stayed in cabin 4 and it was just right for a couple. It was one of the older cabins, and charming and rustic. The free breakfast is a nice homey touch, and the swimming area is nice too, with a gazebo and chairs. There are some small docks to dangle your feet, and the people are so nice. It's very relaxing!

Room Tip: I made a note that cabin 4 was perfect for us, its not right on the water, but every cabin is close...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sdall
Reviewed February 24, 2013

My wife surprised me with a trip to Hot Springs for a get away / belated valentines day trip. Honestly I can't find any sort of issue with the cabin and service we received. The owners are very friendly. We had complimentary food for breakfast in the fridge which wasn't expected but appreciated. All in all if you want to try something different and have true privacy a cabin is the way to go. We will be staying here again in the near future. Great location great views. Caters to nature lovers but if your from the city you will love it just the same. Absolutely 100% good deal.

Andrew & Clarissa G
2/22-2/24

• Stayed February 2013
4 Thank NorCal415
Shreveport, Louisiana
Reviewed September 12, 2012

Annie and I got married here in Hot Springs during the annual motorcycle rally. We couldn't have
chosen a better place to stay for our HONEYMOON!! The owner SKIP and His wife were so nice.
Skip is one of the friendliest persons I have ever met. He goes out of his way to make sure you have a great stay! He even helped me unload my motorcycle!!! The place is beautiful and so peaceful. He has little boats you can take out anytime( no charge) and we caught fish both in the
boat and off of the piers. Leaving the cabins the FIRST day there to go to town, we saw 4 deer come out the woods and cross the road right down from his place! For a hidden little slice of nature that is so close to the main drag FIVE POINTS CABINS are the best bet!!! We will be back
year after year.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank gary r
North Little Rock, Arkansas, United States
Reviewed July 23, 2012

I'm So happy to have found this place, and am looking forwad to going back ASPA! My husband and I wanted to get away to Hot Springs with our two boys for a little trip before they went back to school, and after lots of searching and comparing we chose Five Points Cabins. The online pictures and reviews were all good and the locations was ideal.

When we finally arrived I immediatley fell in love with this place! We stayed in the small, original one bedroom cabin, number 3. It had everything we needed and enough room for our family of 4 and 2 small dogs. Outside, there were two comfy chairs and a porch. There was a large charcoal grill that was between our cabin and our neighboring cabin to share. We used it the first night no problem. The cabin was clean, the bed and the fold out futon were both comfortable, and they provided extra bedding and towels. The kitchen had everything we needed to cook, and was stocked with the "breakfast fixins" mentioned on their website (eggs, milk, orange juice, english muffins, cinnamon rolls and coffee), which was a very nice gesture. Skip, the owner, was very friendly and busily walked the grounds taking care everyone upon their arrival and occasionally throughout the day You can tell he cares a great deal about the place. I can see why, it really is a special place! Just a short walk down the hill from our cabin is the gazebo and huge deck with tables and chairs that overlook the lake. To the left of the deck area is the swim area/boat ramp and a small dock and to the right are more boat docks. There are also aluminum boats with paddles for guest to use. The Gazebo and deck have lights all around you can turn on at night, it's a very nice place to hang out. The nearby "boat house" cabin has life jackets and floaties for guest to use. The kids enjoyed swimming in the lake and my husband did some fishing. We met a few of the other guests while hanging out down by the lake and they were all friendly.

The cabins are right off of Central Avenue, which is the main strip in Hot Springs. There's a Wal-Mart right at the corner of Central and the road that leads to the cabins. There's also a variety of restaurants, and other activities very close by. Including the horse track and the historic downtown area. We took the kids to Magic Springs, which was less than 15 minutes away. The cabins are very secluded, even though they are so close to eveything. I am looking forward to planning another trip soon, and will make going to Five Points a family tradition from here on out. While I loved the small one bedroom cabin, I do think we will go for the two bedroom for the extra space for our family. I think a big family trip would be nice, too, in one of the large cabins. Either way, I can't wait to return!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank ThisMomRocks2
Conroe, Texas
Reviewed July 15, 2012

We stayed in cabin A. Had a great time. Skip was very helpful. The cabin was great. Plenty of room for the 5 of us. Will definitely recomend to our friends. Will come back soon.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family