“Wonderful getaway for Anniversary”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Bartee Meadow Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #6 of 19 Hot Springs B&B and Inns
Fort W
“Wonderful getaway for Anniversary”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

My husband & I spent 4 days recently with Hu & Vista at Bartee Meadows for our 10-year wedding anniversary. In 2005, when my husband returned home from Iraq, we stayed at Bartee Meadows and fell in love with Hu & Vista so we decided to return for our anniversary!We booked the Grand Getaway Package, which has everything you can imagine included. The food is amazing, I forgot to get a cookbook before we left! :( The cookies are wonderful, but I am especially fond of the orange cranberry muffins we had for breakfast one morning! :) We call Bartee Meadows our little oasis in the woods! We will return soon, and we wont wait 8 years to do so! Thank you for everything, Hu & Vista!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Arkansas
Reviewed August 29, 2013

We really enjoyed the pleasant and relaxing time we had there. The location was close enough to town and the loop to get where we needed to quickly but out far enough surrounded by woods to be relaxing and away from the city hustle and bustle. It was our anniversary and we wanted to relax more instead of staying busy running from place to place and being tired when we got back home. This stay at Bartee Meadow B&B did that for us. We very much enjoyed the hosts and the breakfast was wonderful. My wife bought the cookbook with Vista's recipes. So each time my wife cooks the sausage quiche, we will have fond memories of our time together there.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Denton
Reviewed August 18, 2013

We really enjoyed our weekend at Bartee Meadow. From the minute I called to make the reservation I knew this was going to be a great place. The owner, Vista, was so personable on the phone and asked many questions as to things that we liked, etc. We booked a package that included pretty much everything we wanted to do on our Anniversary weekend. She booked all of our reservations and even packed a picnic lunch for us to enjoy one day. When we got to the bed and breakfast there was a personal sign welcoming my husband and I. We stayed at the Starlight Cottage which was just wonderful. It is not attached to the main house but every morning they would bring out our breakfast and leave outside our room for us. The last night we came back to champagne and chocolate covered strawberries! Every evening there would be bedtime cookies left as well. It was just a wonderful experience and I will definitely be coming back!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 12, 2013

My husband & I genuinely enjoyed our stay at Bartee Meadow. The owners, Hu & Vista White, thought of everything to make our stay as pleasant as possible. I highly recommend a stay at Bartee Meadow for anyone looking to have a relaxing, enjoyable experience while visiting Hot Springs.

Michael & Lacey
Talihina, OK

• Stayed August 2013
Reviewed July 8, 2013

A little piece of paradise tucked neatly back in the trees. Managed by some of the sweetest people in the world with all the amenities needed for the perfect get-a-way. Very close to all the major Hot Springs attractions.

• Stayed July 2013
Jefferson City, Missouri
Reviewed July 1, 2013

We can't say enough good things about our stay at the Bartee Meadows. My friend and I stayed in the Woodland Suite which consisted of 2 lovely spacious bedrooms, a connecting hallway with fridge, microwave, etc. and a lovely bathroom. There was a deck off my room with a hot tub. But that's not what this place is all about...it's about the Innkeepers - Vista and Hu. Such warm, lovely, caring, people. Vista puts her heart and soul into her job as innkeeper. I've never stayed in a B&B this wonderful with individual attention and personal touches. There's not enough room here to describe what she did to make our stay most enjoyable. Her cooking is amazing; ok, even better than amazing. We asked if we could live there because she truly "takes care of" her guests. Warm cookies every night. Coffee pot prepared and all you have to do is turn it on for early morning coffee. Breakfast is served at 8, 8:30, or 9 - you choose. We had 3 breakfasts and they were all scrumptuous. The breakfast table was decorated differently each morning; another personal and creative touch; just too many to mention. I miss it already and want to go back. What lovely people. Bartee is a lovely place to relax and enjoy the quiet. We will definitely return again and again. Do not miss out on this lovely place to stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Arkansas
Reviewed June 30, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for a small get away.This was our first time at a bed and breakfast! We absolutely enjoyed our short stay. We wish we could have stayed longer. All the small personal touches are what makes this such a wonderful welcoming place.The food is delicous. We highly reccommend this place if you want to get away from all the hustle of town. It is a short drive from anywhere in hot springs, but gives you the country feel. We will return!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple