“Great Experience with first time B&B”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Bartee Meadow Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #6 of 19 Hot Springs B&B and Inns
Sherman, Texas
“Great Experience with first time B&B”
Reviewed March 20, 2012

Out trip was so restful and wonderful!! From the moment we were met by Vista, to opening the door to the Starlight Cottage, it was everything I had hoped for and more. The little things that appeared at just the right time, the welcome sign with our names, everything was so thoughtful and sweet. The location of the B&B was fabulous. It was very peaceful and looking up at the stars at night from the hot tub was so relaxing and something that we do not enjoy living in the city! Hu and Vista were so friendly and it was nice to feel pampered. I would recommend this quiet, laid back, romantic B&B to anyone wanting to avoid crowded hotels that do not offer personal service! We will definately be returning in the near future and our first year anniversary was one that I will not soon forget.

Room Tip: The starlight cottage is detached from the house and offers more privacy.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ChristyM3111

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Rison, Arkansas
Reviewed February 17, 2012

For our first time at a B&B, we could not have enjoyed a better experience than our weekend stay at Bartee Meadow. Vista and Hu were gracious hosts, and they went out of their way to accommodate us. Vista's delicious soup and dessert, her breakfasts and basket lunch were enough to make us look forward to another stay. The quietness and privacy added to the enjoyment of our stay. A hot tub on a cold and crisp Valentine's weekend night topped off our stay. We will definitely go back. - Stan S

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
White Hall, Arkansas, United States
Reviewed January 27, 2012

My husband and I were just so thrilled to have found this wonderful place!! It was the perfect weekend and we were talking about our next visit there before we had ever even left!! Vista and Hu were so wonderful and made us feel so comfortable. It was the perfect location, close to downtown, yet "hidden" from the world. Next time we go we will probably just stay in the cottage all weekend!!!! We highly reccomend this B&B to anyone and everyone!!!!!!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Kansas City, Missouri, United States
Reviewed January 11, 2012

My husband and I brought our kayaks to enjoy the nearby lakes, and Bartee Meadow was a perfect location - close enough to the lakes and downtown Hot Springs, without being in the hustle and bustle of town. The setting is very peaceful and quiet. We stayed in the main house and our son, daughter, and granddaughter were able to join us for a few days. Hu and Vista made all of us feel so welcome. They genuinely care about their guests and want their stay to be the best that it can be. Hu and Vista went out of their way to ensure that we had everything we needed and wanted. They were gracious hosts - knowledgeable about the area attractions and quite sociable without being intrusive. The bed and breakfast itself was quite clean and comfortable with a homey atmosphere. The breakfasts were delicious, and we appreciated having our mini-fridge restocked every day and cookies laid out each evening. We stayed at one other property in Hot Springs during this particular trip, and while the other B & B was nice, I can say without hesitation that Bartee Meadow would be our first choice if we return to the area.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed November 10, 2011

From the moment we arrived, our weekend getaway at Bartee Meadow B&B was something to remember. Vista and Hu are marvelous hosts and we felt welcome and also able to have our privacy. From the meals to the setting to the private hot tub, the accommodations were more perfect than we could have imagined.

When you add in the in-room massage after a morning at the baths in Hot Springs and you have a way to escape like no other. We highly recommend Bartee Meadow as a romantic escape.

Cathy & Paul Maynard

Room Tip: The cabin is best for privacy and comfort.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank PaulEM53
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed November 7, 2011

This trip was my friend's graduation present to me. Not knowing much about the trip, I couldn't have expected anything more. Vista and Hu treated us so special. Their place is beautiful and peaceful. I appreciated the fact that we were only 6 miles away from all the bathhouses and shops and yet we felt secluted. The place had a very warm feel to it that I liked. I thought the set up was perfect... we had our privacy and yet if we needed anything they were only a knock away. we enjoyed a couple of beautiful nights sitting in the hot tub under the moonlight with a glass of wine and many conversations, after our days spent out and about in Hot Springs. One of the rooms had a DVD player and they even had a list of movies that they had typed up that we could choose from to watch. The bathroom is a nice size and unlike the stinky bath soaps that I have experienced before in hotel rooms,they were pleasantly nice smelling. we had a microwave, a small fridge, coffee maker with coffee and creamers and sweetners and all sorts of teas available to us in our suite... oh and the cookies.... what can I say we had a very nice time and an unforgetable stay. Vista is a great cook and I felt like a queen every morning as I was served her perfectly made breakfast. I will be telling everyone i can about their place because i think everyone deserves to enjoy a stay like the one my friend so carefully planned by choosing Bartee Meadow Bed & Breakfast! :)

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Carthage, Texas
Reviewed October 17, 2011

My husband and I had never been to Hot Springs before. I was looking for something that would introduce us to the area as a jumping off point for future travel but I didn't want to stay in town. Bartee was perfect. It is located out of town, eliminating the noise element. The trees and seclusion were great. We had so much to ourselves including a quiet hammock to relax and enjoy each other. Their packages provided the introduction to area attractions I was looking for without me figuring it out. Vista and Hu were exceptionally accommodating to our schedule. I needed to be in an art class at 9 am each morning and needed breakfast around 8 am to make the class. It was UNBELIEVABLY DELICIOUS. The linens and towels were clean. The jacuzzi was clean. The privacy was exceptional. My husband and I felt like we were going home each night. We really enjoyed it.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple