“A B&B To Love”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
The Spring Street Inn B&B
Ranked #8 of 19 Hot Springs B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 19, 2011

It was serendipity that put us in contact with Spring Street Inn and how fortunate we were! The home is whistle clean, quiet and exceptionally well-appointed, the beds wonderfully comfy, the breakfasts from Arden are yummy and time spent with August (the innkeeper) learning about the history of the house, the neighborhood and the general Hot Springs area made for a perfect vacation retreat. We booked the Fountain and Jockey rooms and delighted in staying in a home that has been so lovingly restored to its original splendor (and then some, including whirlpool tubs). Highly recommend a traditional thermal bath (or two) at the Buckstaff, a short drive to enjoy the splendor of the Garvan Woodland Gardens and lunch at Cafe 1217, to complete a stay to remember. Hope to return...

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends

Reviewed August 2, 2011

My wife and I stayed here for four day and three nights for our 15th anniversary. We stayed in the Carriage suit and it was beautiful. It has a very romantic setting and lots of room to get around. The Jetted tub was fit for a King, but had a nice touch with speakers to listen to our music while we bathed. We will be back and bring the kids when we come back. And to the owners you could not get two friendlier people to do business with. Thanks C&G Bailey

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 2, 2011

My wife and I stayed here in May, 2011 in the Magnolia room. While it wasn't our first trip to Hot Springs, it was our first stay at this B&B. It won't be our last.

We selected the Magnolia room because it offered a private balcony overlooking two very large, and very old, Magnolia trees in the front yard. This was during the first week of May and the Magnolia blossoms were starting to bloom. Very pretty and had we been there a week or two later I have no doubt these trees would have been spectacular. The room itself has plenty of room to stretch out and the bathroom with over-sized jacuzzi tub is fantastic. Stepping into the house itself is like stepping back in time about a hundred years except for the modern conveniences. Beautiful antiques and well appointed. Once you arrive you are issued a room key, and house key. Watch for Arden's baked treats in the kitchen. A nice touch.

The house is run and maintained by August (who lives off-property but adjacent to the house), and his sister Arden (who is there daily to feed us a breakfast to die for and oversee the rooms). Two nicer people you won't find. Both are extremely friendly and helpful. It's obvious they take a lot of pride in this property. Since our visit coincided with my wife's birthday Arden even went out of her way to provide a birthday cake for her. Upon our return from dinner that evening we found it in our room on a silver platter along with plates, utensils, etc. A real nice touch and totally unexpected.

The property itself is just a 3 blocks from the bath house district and the many shops along Central ave. Easily walkable if you want to avoid parking issues. Also a great way to try and burn off a few calories from Arden's wonderful breakfasts.

There is no doubt we will return to the Spring Street Inn on future trips. I'm generally a hotel type of guy but this will now become a Hot Springs regular stop.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank tbdallas
Reviewed July 17, 2011

My husband and I stayed here for 4 nights in May. We booked the Magnolia Room. What a fabulous room! The bed was comfortable,and the room was cool. The spacious, private bathroom had a large jetted tub. This room also has a private balcony overlooking the National Park.

The breakfasts prepared by Arden were excellent. She gave us great tips for antiquing in Hot Springs. Be sure to visit the Buckstaff Baths.

The front porch swing, the flowering magnolias, and the beauty of the house all combined for a relaxing experience.

1  Thank HarpGirl710
Reviewed June 17, 2011

My wife and I stayed in the Grand Magnolia room at the end of May. The room was beautiful and very comfortable. The Grand Magnolia room has a private balcony with a view of the Mountain Tower in the National Park. We greatly enjoyed sitting outside in the evenings while in such peaceful surroundings. The inn is lovely and August and Arden were very gracious. Arden's breakfasts were consistently outstanding. Bath House Row (and all of downtown Hot Springs) are an easy walk from the inn. I highly recommend the Spring Street Inn and I would not hesitate to stay there again. Overall, I think the Spring Street Inn is a great value.

2  Thank WKU1978
Reviewed May 12, 2011

My now-hubby and I came to Hot Springs to be married and began our stay at another B&B. My mother was staying at Spring Street, and from the get-go, August and Arden went out of their way. My mother needed special arrangements for an oxygen tank to be delivered prior to her stay and the Inn was more than happy to help. From helping her with her bags, to beautiful rooms and gourmet breakfasts', my mother was treated like family here. After our reservations were up at our own B&B (and being a bit unhappy about our stay), Spring Street took us in and made us feel more than welcome. Their generosity and kindness went far and above the norm, and we cant wait to come back. Thanks again!!

Room Tip: Carriage Suite is BEAUTIFUL!!!
1  Thank peanutj71
Reviewed April 26, 2011

So utterly amazed by the beauty of the house, the hospitality of the innkeepers, and the location! We are avid B & B'ers. We've had our share of horror experiences, so we always wonder what we will find when we arrive. So, when we drove up to Spring Street Inn, I was overjoyed! So beautiful! I can't say enough good things about this place. Nestled right next to Hot Springs National Park, it's on a quiet street, yet five minutes walk to downtown. The house has been completely restored and beautifully decorated. Even the outside is enjoyable - a wrap around porch with porch swings, tables and chairs, a water fountain, and lush landscaping. We had a tour of the house and each room is beautifully and elegantly done, with plush amenities like a Jacuzzi tub in each room. You really can't choose a wrong room. The Carriage House is the most grand, with a full kitchen, fireplace, and a cozy ambiance. And the place is sooo clean! The innkeepers don't live in the house, so it's as if it's your own without intrusion, but the innkeepers are easily reached with any questions and will happily help with anything they can. Breakfast is amazing, delicious, lots of food! I have many food allergies and our hosts were so eager to accommodate (and that is a rare find! She didn't just feed me what was on her menu, she went out of her way to provide what I needed.) Parking is up by the house, not on the street. My husband and I had never been to Hot Springs before and loved our time here. We will DEFINITELY stay here again, and recommending it to all our friends.

Room Tip: call the innkeepers, don't register online.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple