“Dont let the Bed Bugs Bite” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Arlington Resort Hotel & Spa

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hot Springs
Arlington Resort Hotel & Spa
Ranked #17 of 44 Hotels in Hot Springs
Dallas
“Dont let the Bed Bugs Bite”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2007

My wife and i stayed at the Arlington for 2 nights this past labor day weekend. Even after reading some of the earlier reviews we decided against our better judgement to stay at this old 1925 hotel.

It was ok once we got used to everyting around us being old, broken and dirty . The pool was dirty and the wall tile was gross enough toi keep me from touching it, needless to say i left in a few minutes. I have seen better rooms at motel 8 then the one we had. The toilet was old and dirty. The so called "free parking" is very limited and a nightmare.

We originally had booked the stay for 3 nights but decided to check out early and leave as on the 3rd morning i worke up to bug bites on my hands and legs. Earlier i discounted that due to the fact that we had visted the Garavan Gardens nearby. After seeing my doctor i learnt these were bed bug bites. I brought this to the notice of the hotel management and asked to be reimbursed for the 2 night stay to compensate for my doctors visit and medication but they quickly decided not to do what was right, why would i want to waste my breath to explain a stupid situation like this and justify myself......as if this is some scan that i use after every vacation.

All i will say is "NEVER AGAIN'. Good Luck if you decide to stay there and dont let the bed bugs bite

• Liked — Lobby and Food
  • Disliked — Everything else
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank popo-tx

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (315)
Baton Rouge, LA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2007

We stayed with a large group of friends/family over the Labor Day holiday, most of us with varying opinions. The older folks in our group didn't seem to mind it so much. Most reviews are accurate - the hotel is old and not updated. The room wasn't terrible, but for the price ($129 per night), we expected just a little bit more. I would only recommend this hotel for the location, but most would be much more comfortable at one of the newer hotels on Lake Hamilton or at the Embassy Suites, which is a few more blocks from the National Park.

Pros: LOCATION, beautiful lobby, wrap around porches, reasonably priced massages, large rooms; pleasant dining room staff; good food and bar service in lobby, nice pool area

Cons: an old, 19 inch TV; concrete slab mattresses; no shelves or storage in the bathrooms (really, it could not be that expensive to put a few shelves in while keeping the old pedastal sinks); chipping paint; charging an extra $30 to just have a bathtub; cleaning staff was not dependable or thorough; piles of dirty towels left in the hallways

My worst complaint would have to be the cleaning staff - many times, dirtly glasses were left behind and not picked up, trash cans not emptied, or something just wasn't done. If the hotel owners intend on keeping it "old", they should at least make sure that it is immaculately CLEAN.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Uncomfortable mattress, undependable cleaning staff
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank kdc11101

Travelers are raving about these Hot Springs hotels

Houston
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2007

I hope someone pumps some cash into this hotel and saves it from its looming demise. The hotel has great bones but has been really neglected. I am still glad we stayed there and not at one of the chains outside the city, but the experience was not what we had hoped for in the least. The hotel is old and only kind of clean. The spa was fine and enjoyable. The city itself was dissapointing. I had hoped it would be like the lovely city of Spa in Belgium, with the same type of character. Instead it was being overrun with bikers or completely empty. It was depressing really. The highlight for us was the Mexican place across the street (Rolandos? not sure of the name) - which has a great upstairs patio and great food. Definately a must!

Stayed July 2007
2 Thank drozowski
Dallas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2007

If you stay here, you MUST request a room that does not face the street (Central Ave). Our stay was a Friday night and from 8:00 p.m. until almost midnight the roar of motorcycles up and down the street in front of the hotel was extremely loud and constant. There was no way to sleep. We could hear the cars and pedestrians also, but the motorcycles were the worst. Since this hotel is very old, there is no soundproofing. We didn't think it would ever end. We heard that the next weekend would be a motorcyle convention and can't even imagine that noise.

Since this is an old hotel I didn't expect modern ammenities such as a large, nice bathroom but was still disappointed. The bathroom door wouldn't shut completely, the shower was very small and the sink was cracked. The room itself was clean.

There are some great things about this hotel, such as the pool, a great front porch from which to people watch, hiking trails right outside the door, and a grand lobby with live music. I just think they need to spend some time and money maintaining it to it's former glory.

And believe us about the noise and reqest a room on the back side of the hotel or you will not sleep.

• Liked — Pool
  • Disliked — Traffic noise
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank grassisritz
Dublin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2007

Stayed here for 2 nights in november while road tripping from Dallas to Nashville. The first time I saw the hotel while driving up the main street was impressive. Got parking in the hotel park which seemed kind of small for such a large hotel. Really liked the old decor in the lobby area, very atmospheric, something out of an old B&W movie from the twenties. Felt like a a step back in time and i really enjoyed the old worldly feeling. To bad my room was a bit tatty, the bathroom was original fixtures and fittings and it showed. Not very bad but felt a bit dissapointed, I would recommend this hotel if you like something authentic but be aware the rooms may show there age alot more than the lobby.

• Liked — historical impressive building
  • Disliked — room worn out
  • Stayed November 2005, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Dublin36
Tyler, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2007

My family has been staying at the Arlington Resort for over 18 years, and up untill this past trip, we had always had a great time and experience. This past trip was terrible though. I e-mailed the General Manager after our July 2007 trip and got zero response! So here are the items that I spelled out to him/her. You would think they warrented some form of apology or response.
We checked in on a Wednesday (July 25th) and were given a room on the 9th floor overlooking the pool area. Room 934. You would think that may be a good room to have, but not if want to get to sleep anytime before 11:30 PM. The pool area was so loud, and the walls so thin, that we had to call security to get the folks to finally leave when 11 PM rolled around. Pool area claims to close at 11:00PM, but it seems it is only a suggestion. The next night......same thing. Had to call security again. And the 3rd night.....you guessed it, had to call security a third night in a row. But this time nothing was done, so at 11:30 I walked to the front desk to personally complain. Here the night manager had the gall to make it sound like I was a party pooper, and that folks "should be able to have some fun"...
I don't mind folks having fun, but do they have to start at 10PM and go on like it is a idiots gone wild contest? I mean.....it was bedlam down there with screaming and shrieking nonstop.
Also.....the rooms are either too cold or too hot. And in the middle of the summer, you can be sure that we went with the too cold. But it was so cold, that I actually got bronchitis!
Also, there may be bedbugs, because I had all sorts of bites around my neck after the trip was over.
I talked to an employee in the restaurant, and when I asked if there had been a change of ownership, they said ...."no, but there has been alot of Management turnover, including the General Manager, who was brought over from their sister property, The Majestic, when it closed." That seemed to make sense, because again....it had always been a quality property before that. The same employee also stated that the managers were downright "hatefull". And the cold shoulder I got from the Friday night manager fit that hatefull coment perfectly. What a shame, because it really is a historic property.
I only hope the owners of this property read this and see how their employees are now treating their guests.

Stayed July 2007
3 Thank LoveToTravel75703
memphis
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2007

Our youth group stayed at the Arlington hotel August 3-5, 2007. Although we had no problems with the way the hotel looked or smelled, there were several issues with the hotel staff members. We encountered problems starting with our reservartions. Its as though this hotel staff is not trained properly on how to handle large groups. Our confirmation numbers were changed, reserved rooms were lost, and I was told that the person who made the reservations was a part-time employee, as if that really mattered. P/T or F/T he should have known the rules. Upon arrival to the hotel, at 3:30 pm, we were told that our rooms were not ready and it would be an hour before we could check in. After asking for a manager, we were told by her that there was no 3:00 check-in and that it could be "4,5, or 6:00". Can you believe the nerve of this lady! "I don't think so", was my response. Anyhow, after a few harsh looks and firm words, some kind of way the rooms became ready. We were promised meal tickets that were not ready at check-in, then on day #2 they had issues on what room to credit the meal tickets to. To top things off, I called the front desk to ask what the penalty was if a key was lost, simply because we had a large group that included children. When I checked out there was a $25.00 lost key fee added to my bill. I never told them that I lost a key. Again, the Arlington hotel is a nice,clean, grand historical hotel with an excellent breakfast buffet, but the desk staff members could use some polishing up. Instead of making trying to make it right for the guest, they try to justify mistakes and blame the guest.

• Liked — the breakfast buffet
  • Disliked — customer service
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family