“Really enjoyed our stay”

Arlington Resort Hotel & Spa
Ranked #15 of 45 Hotels in Hot Springs
A TripAdvisor Member
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed July 26, 2005

The Arlington was a wonderful place to stay. The hotel itself is gorgeous and like stepping back in time to an era of a grand old hotel with impeccable service and all the amenities. Our room was pretty and spacious. The bathroom was clean, and while not appointed with the most modern of fixtures, it was perfectly nice with a good shower. The service was very good, and everyone seemed eager to perform their jobs. The breakfast was free and included all the hot and cold breakfast foods anyone could want. The lobby, bar, and front porch were lively in the evenings, and were a great place to sit and have a drink and just enjoy the view from the porch or the atmosphere inside. The location is great--just step out the front door and you are right at the park and downtown area. I will definitely be back.

13  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Write a ReviewReviews (1,669)

Reviewed July 23, 2005

We have just returned from a fabulous 3 night stay at the Arlington. I can wholeheartedly recommend this place. Our "maximum room" looked just like the picture on their website. It may have been used as the model. Everything was clean and well kept. Service was always above and beyond.

I recommend the valet parking. It costs but a little bit more, but is well worth it considering the alternative is the small parking garage a block up the street.

The location is prime. I spent a portion of every evening relaxing out on the big porch which wraps around the front of the hotel. The park across the street is beautiful.

Included in the rate were breakfast credits for each morning. The breakfast is served in the ornately decorated restaurant. On Thursday night, we sat in the Lobby bar and enjoyed the band.

The two mountainside swimming pools (one a 3ft pool, the other a 6ft) were popular places, as was the adjacent hot tub.

If you enjoy bland, cookie cutter rooms all the same everywhere you go, choose to stay in one of the many chains located here. If you stay at the Arlington, take advantage of the many services it has to offer. Enjoy the valet service, the bathhouse spa, and the common meeting areas. Allow a bell man to assist you with your luggage. When we return to Hot Springs, we will again choose to stay at the Arlington.

22  Thank Nonwork
A TripAdvisor Member
Sulphur, LA
Reviewed July 21, 2005

I was surprised by the unkept and unclean condition of the hotel. Other than being able to say that I stayed in an old bath house there is nothing positive to say. The staff was uncaring and the hotel was overpriced for what it offered. I would not stay there again.

8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 5, 2005

We enjoyed the public spaces at the Arlington...the bar and the Saturday night dancing to the live combo. Our rooms were small, but the beds were good and the bathrooms clean, though small. All our experiences with staff were friendly and they were helpful and informative at every turn.

• Stayed: June 2005
7  Thank kathy
Reviewed July 4, 2005

My husband and I walked into the Arlington Hotel off of the sidewalk through the spa area ( which was closed) up the stairwell to the Lobby. We wanted to get information for our son and daughter-in-law who were planning a trip to Hot Springs. When we got to the lobby my husband started reading some history of the hotel and I walked over to the receptionist holding my four pound chihuahua and asked if dogs were allowed in the Arlington. She gave me a VERY curt "NO" and I then asked if I held her could we just look around. Again a very curt "No". I then walked over told my husband we had to leave and we immediately went back down the stairs and out. We were walking away ON THE SIDEWALK when we were yelled at by some man in a suit working at the Arlington, "YOU CAN'T BRING THAT DOG IN HERE" We replied "We aren't coming in" he then yelled again "DON'T COME IN HERE' to which my husband then answered "We won't ever come in there"
We should have then filed a report with the police for harassment, but we didn't. However, if you have a pet, don't even think about this hotel. Needless to say even without our pet we will never stay there.

12  Thank Barbara F
Reviewed July 1, 2005

After reading some of the bad reviews, I was a little scared to stay at the Arlington, but my stay turned out to be wonderful. That said, I could see how one could be dissatisfied with the hotel. If you are a person who likes brand new facilities where everything looks perfect, then you may find problems with the Arlington. But being from New Orleans, where everything is old, I thoroughly enjoyed the hotel's appearance. I thinks some people confuse "old" with "dirty." Sure, some of the moldings are crumbling and the bathrooms still have fixtures from long ago, but I found that it was like taking a quaint trip back in time; everything was spotless. The staff and guests were very, very friendly--we kept commenting on that. We got the two-night spa package, which I highly recommend because it includes a food credit, which we used for room service in the morning. The only downsides I found were the dress codes for one of the restaurants (jackets) and the bar (no tanktops or shorts in the middle of summer?!)--however, I don't think the bar's code is really enforced. The breakfast was good, but I don't think the dinners at the hotel were worth the money. The spa services were also great, but my masseuse was not (everyone else I spoke with, however, had great masseuses). All in all, the Arlington is a wonderful place for a romantic, indulgent getaway that does not drain your wallet. I will definitely be returning!

14  Thank christymac
Reviewed June 6, 2005

The Arlington Hotel, once again, provided a pleasant and quality weekend. From check-in at the Valet parkng and at the front desk throughout our stay, there was nothing to complain about. The Fountain Room Grill was a delightful experience. The service was A-1 as was the menu and the cuisine. The baths and massages were also quality - the best we've experienced in the Hot Springs area (or around our home area). Ladies - ask for Tamien - she's a great masseuse!

• Stayed: May 2005