We just returned from our once yearly stay at this gem of a Hotel.
We celebrate Thanksgiving there each year and we continue to be impressed with all facets of our stay. From initial check in at the front desk to the cleaning of the rooms. I have read many bad reviews on this site, many I feel unjustified, and thought it was time to report on a positive experience.
We continue to find everyone associated with this hotel to be very personable and helpful. The hotel is kept very clean and presentable. Sure, it shows some wear in areas. But, keep in mind this hotel has been around since 1924. A gem like this which sports the history its walls could tell should not be compared to today's modern chain motels. It is in a category all its own. Instead of looking for skuffs on the furniture look at the wear to the marble stairs on the winding staircase and try to imagine who has climbed these and how many people have done so over the years. Enjoy a meal in one of the fine restaurants or have a seat in the lobby on Friday or Saturday night and listen to the band. This should be viewed as a "step back in time" and enjoy it for what it is. A grand old hotel.
We are already looking forward to our return trip and would recommend this hotel highly. We are confident you would find your stay as pleasant as ours.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This majestic icon is perfectly located in Hot Springs National Park on beautiful Bathhouse Row. Since 1925 visitors have traveled to Hot Springs to stay, play and rejuvenate in the healing mineral waters of the natural thermal springs. Step back in time walking in the footsteps of such famous legends as Babe Ruth, Al Capone, Rudolph Valentino, Jack Dempsey, Lucky Luciano, Joe DiMaggio, Will Rogers, Johnny Cash, Marilyn Monroe and Presidents: John F. Kennedy, Theodore Roosevelt, Ronald Reagan, and Bill Clinton. Feel the romance and charm of this culturally historic place. Experience a traditional bath at The Arlington Bathhouse or simply step outside to enjoy shopping, dining, and entertainment at the Ohio Club, the Pancake Shop, Gangster Museum, Superior Bathhouse Brewery or take a cupcake break at Fat Bottom Girls. If nature calls, hike or bike miles of scenic trails in our first National Park or try your luck digging for diamonds or playing the ponies or slots at Oaklawn Casino. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire and Expedia so you can book your Arlington Resort Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arlington Resort Hotel And Spa
- Arlington Hot Springs Arkansas
- Arlington Resort Hot Springs