“Sad it's gotten so bad...”

Arlington Resort Hotel & Spa
Ranked #15 of 45 Hotels in Hot Springs
Reviewed March 20, 2014

I stayed here a few years ago and loved it but looks like they have changed management. We stayed 3 nights. The night we checked in I pulled into the valet in the pouring rain and was told they had no space and I had to park 3 blocks away. My friend and I are both disabled and this is impossible. The valet didn't even offer to take our luggage. I ended up parking in the ONLY handicap space available that is on the street in front of the hotel. The valet saw my friend and two kids and I lugging all our luggage up the ramp ALONE and handicapped and never asked to even help.
I went to check in and told them about the issues. THe bar was full of drunk people and was very loud. THe manager came and told me to call her the next morning. Said she would get a valet space for me the next day but didn't even offer a discount on the rates after everything we'd already been through. No one offered to help us to our room either. We again took it all by ourselves.
The first night about midnight the people next door were drunk and fighting. We called security because it sounded like the guy was beating the woman up. Security went to the door but they didn't answer. Security told us to call again if we head anything further and they would then call the police. Who knows the woman could have already been dead anyway. Security said he'd already had the police there twice that night.
The bathroom in our room was filthy.I took pics but looks like I can only add one on here. The bath mat was torn and black with dirt. The bathtub itself was filthy. The chair rail around the wall and other fixtures were caked with dirt and dust. Don't get me started on the toilet... The sink had blood droplets on it that must have been from the previous people who stayed there. After our first night there I had to leave a note in the bathroom for the cleaning people asking them to please clean the bathroom since they didn't do it before we checked in.

I believe we were on the 5th floor. Hope the other rooms where the soda machines were aren't as gross as that one was. The floors were black with filth.

I love that the hotel has the pools and hot tub with mineral water. I don't know of any others there that have that. The hotel could be such a treat if they'd just clean the place and update some of the stuff.... like bath mats. At $140 per night I think they can afford cleaning and bath mats.

The staff in the salon and the spa were wonderful. We enjoyed the people but again the place isn't very well kept. The spa area is not updated at all. Parts of the tiles around the tubs look like they are going to fall down on you.

The mineral tub/massage was wonderful. Again, the people were great there. The equipment is in sad disrepair.
The salon was nice. I got a facial, reflexology massage, and bought some other supplies. The people were very nice there too. It was in better shape than the rest of the building.

It's nice the hotel is trying to keep the old world charm but it is possible to keep things repaired and clean. Hopefully they will change management soon so that the hotel doesn't fall apart and close. I would hate to see it go down any further.

2  Thank steph9176
ArlingtonGM, General Manager at Arlington Resort Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2014

I appreciate you for taking the time to let me know of not only the bad experiences that happened but also the good, especially when it comes to the staff. We take these comments very seriously and always looking forward to improving our hotel.
There are no excuses for the cleanliness and lack of service upon your arrival. The staff in the valet are most often attentive to everyone's needs despite the amount of business.
Please accept my sincere apologies and hope you will give us another opportunity in the future.

Bob Martorana

Write a ReviewReviews (1,669)

Reviewed March 16, 2014

Our family has stayed at the Arlington for 15+ years, this past weekend was our last trip. Yes, the Arlington is old and charming. The lobby bar/dancing is great. HOWEVER, the rooms are junk, the walls are paper thin, and people tend to scream and run down the hallways at all hours. The novelty of the Arlington's "vintage charm" has definitely lost its luster. I will be staying at a place where I will not be awoken 15 times during the course of the evening, and can actually enjoy my getaway. An additional note: the staff here, as well as nearly every establishment we visited this weekend, seem to care less about quality service. We visited numerous restaurants and bars that decided to close 2 hours before their advertised hours. For being a tourist town, this place seriously needs to work on their attitudes regarding service and hospitality in general. Poor poor showing, Hot Springs and Arlington.

2  Thank Shila F
ArlingtonGM, General Manager at Arlington Resort Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

I am so sorry to read that you are done with the Arlington. It was unfortunate that others ruined a planned relaxing weekend. While I can't speak for the other establishments the population of Hot Springs grew by over 35,000 for the races and another 50,000 for the basketball finals. This puts alot of pressure on the restaurants and establishments.

Please accept my apologies for the noise and lack of sleep you experienced. Perhaps a visit in the spring or fall would be better suited and more relaxing for you and your family.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

This hotel must have a side we did not see in a recent visit. After being there for a weekend I cannot relate any of the details in these great reviews. It is a building with cool architecture and interesting history. Beyond that it is a DUMP. Dirty carpet and drapes, cracked glass in windows, paint peeling off walls, outlets barely hanging in walls and closet sized gross bathrooms. Instructions for room temp were, if cold turn thermostat off because turning on heat only blows cold air, if hot open window (no screen on window)??. I am not sure what those giving great reviews were smoking while there, but I sure wish I had some of it. We could not wait to leave. I have been in several old southern elegant hotels and this is not one of them.

Room Tip: Ask for a room one of the good reviews stayed in because we didn't see those?
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jba02

I am so sorry for the unpleasant visit you had in the hotel. There are no excuses for finding and areas dirty or not being maintained. As you can imagine the maintenance is an ongoing process for such an historic hotel. It is also unfortunate that we cannot control the temperature
as we would like with such varying climate changes.

Once again please accpt my sincere apologies for the unpleasant stay.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

We really enjoyed our time in Hot Springs and the historic Arlington Hotel. When you stay there you have to remember this is not a new luxury hotel, you stay there because you like the location and the historical feel of the place. The only real negative is that they advertise wifi and they really don't have it. We could never get anything to load, it is slow, if any at all.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are in fact looking at upgrading the server and Wi Fi broadband as more and more devices are requiring the access.

I hope your travels bring you back to Hot Springs and the Arlington soon.

Reviewed March 12, 2014

We always stay here when visiting. The Romance Package is a MUST. The room service breakfast in the morning is so worth it! The valet parking is usually pretty quick. My advice is to check out earlier than everyone else so you get out quickly. You don't want to be stuck in that crowd!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for promoting one of our favorites, the " Romance Package " that I believe is a great value. Weekends , especially this time of year, are very busy, but that is what makes it fun to be here and downtown Hot Springs.
Appreciate the business and look forward to your return soon.

Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

stayed here several years ago & enjoyed it then,I enjoyed it even more now. 10th floor king room was huge! AMAZING seafood & breakfast Buffet lobby bar is equally impressive so much character and charm we will keep coming back wouldn't stay anywhere else! Anyone who complains about peeling paint or the heat and air system doesn't appreciate the Arlington for its history. It's beautiful and nostalgic

Stayed: March 2014
3  Thank Elianderson21

I am so glad you enjoyed another stay at the Arlington Resort Hotel and Spa. Thank you for sharing your wonderfull experience with us, and look forward to having you back in the very near future.

Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

We travel to hot springs every year for the races at oaklawn. This is our 15th year and always stay at the Arlington. We do travel a lot and find this hotel to be unique offering an array of services that we find different in any other place. The spa takes you back to the days of al Capone and hasn't changed in decor. Mineral bath and massage very reasonable and attentive. We love the Libby bar and big band music on weekends. Great people watching as ballroom classes must try out their lessons on the dance floor. Rooms are comfortable for sleeping but not spending much time in. Hotel could use some touching up but we get a kick out of the atmosphere. Big front porch to enjoy a Bloody Mary before the races and outdoor hot tub on the side of the mountain is a must!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your loyalty and business over the past 15 years. There is nothing like being here in Hot Springs when the horses are racing at Oaklawn.

Please come back and visit us again real soon.