I stayed here a few years ago and loved it but looks like they have changed management. We stayed 3 nights. The night we checked in I pulled into the valet in the pouring rain and was told they had no space and I had to park 3 blocks away. My friend and I are both disabled and this is impossible. The valet didn't even offer to take our luggage. I ended up parking in the ONLY handicap space available that is on the street in front of the hotel. The valet saw my friend and two kids and I lugging all our luggage up the ramp ALONE and handicapped and never asked to even help.
I went to check in and told them about the issues. THe bar was full of drunk people and was very loud. THe manager came and told me to call her the next morning. Said she would get a valet space for me the next day but didn't even offer a discount on the rates after everything we'd already been through. No one offered to help us to our room either. We again took it all by ourselves.
The first night about midnight the people next door were drunk and fighting. We called security because it sounded like the guy was beating the woman up. Security went to the door but they didn't answer. Security told us to call again if we head anything further and they would then call the police. Who knows the woman could have already been dead anyway. Security said he'd already had the police there twice that night.
The bathroom in our room was filthy.I took pics but looks like I can only add one on here. The bath mat was torn and black with dirt. The bathtub itself was filthy. The chair rail around the wall and other fixtures were caked with dirt and dust. Don't get me started on the toilet... The sink had blood droplets on it that must have been from the previous people who stayed there. After our first night there I had to leave a note in the bathroom for the cleaning people asking them to please clean the bathroom since they didn't do it before we checked in.
I believe we were on the 5th floor. Hope the other rooms where the soda machines were aren't as gross as that one was. The floors were black with filth.
I love that the hotel has the pools and hot tub with mineral water. I don't know of any others there that have that. The hotel could be such a treat if they'd just clean the place and update some of the stuff.... like bath mats. At $140 per night I think they can afford cleaning and bath mats.
The staff in the salon and the spa were wonderful. We enjoyed the people but again the place isn't very well kept. The spa area is not updated at all. Parts of the tiles around the tubs look like they are going to fall down on you.
The mineral tub/massage was wonderful. Again, the people were great there. The equipment is in sad disrepair.
The salon was nice. I got a facial, reflexology massage, and bought some other supplies. The people were very nice there too. It was in better shape than the rest of the building.
It's nice the hotel is trying to keep the old world charm but it is possible to keep things repaired and clean. Hopefully they will change management soon so that the hotel doesn't fall apart and close. I would hate to see it go down any further.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This majestic icon is perfectly located in Hot Springs National Park on beautiful Bathhouse Row. Since 1925 visitors have traveled to Hot Springs to stay, play and rejuvenate in the healing mineral waters of the natural thermal springs. Step back in time walking in the footsteps of such famous legends as Babe Ruth, Al Capone, Rudolph Valentino, Jack Dempsey, Lucky Luciano, Joe DiMaggio, Will Rogers, Johnny Cash, Marilyn Monroe and Presidents: John F. Kennedy, Theodore Roosevelt, Ronald Reagan, and Bill Clinton. Feel the romance and charm of this culturally historic place. Experience a traditional bath at The Arlington Bathhouse or simply step outside to enjoy shopping, dining, and entertainment at the Ohio Club, the Pancake Shop, Gangster Museum, Superior Bathhouse Brewery or take a cupcake break at Fat Bottom Girls. If nature calls, hike or bike miles of scenic trails in our first National Park or try your luck digging for diamonds or playing the ponies or slots at Oaklawn Casino. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia and Hotwire so you can book your Arlington Resort Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arlington Resort Hotel And Spa
- Arlington Hot Springs Arkansas
- Arlington Resort Hot Springs