Arlington Resort Hotel & Spa
Best Western Winners Circle(Hot Springs)(Great Value!)
Great 4.5/5
Comfort Inn & Suites(Hot Springs)(Great Value!)
$119
ComfortInn
Great 4.5/5
Comfort Suites Hot Springs(Hot Springs)(Great Value!)
$112
ComfortSuites
$68
Country Inn
Good 3.5/5
Good 3.5/5
Staybridge Suites Hot Springs(Hot Springs)(Great Value!)
$89
Very Good 4/5
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Hot Springs(Hot Springs)(Great Value!)
$116
Great 4.5/5
Lookout Point Lakeside Inn(Hot Springs)
$323
Excellent 5/5
La Quinta Inn & Suites Hot Springs(Hot Springs)(Great Value!)
Very Good 4/5
$242
$213
HotelQuickly
  • Breakfast included
1,714 results
All reviewsal caponegrand old hotelbath housemineral waterseafood buffetstep back in timebathhouse rowpool and hot tubmodern hotelnational parkhiking trailscentral avenuefront porchdowntown hot springsdowntown areahistorypiped
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 7, 2014

While the Arlington has a huge historical value it's not someplace I want to sleep again.

I'm sure at one time this hotel was the pinnacle of excellence. However today I believe the Motel 6 has a leg up on the Fire Hydrant known as the Arlington.

My complaint is not with the staff its clearly with the mismanagement and poor long term business planning of the current management team . This hotel seems to change hands more than the outsourced maid staff who changes the sheets.

Customer service should not be lip service. Milking a property for all the cash one can squeeze out of it and then sell it is not customer service its being a slum lord.

To be honest the bar and the wait staff, and the bellmen and the spa all went out of their way to make up for the blatant and screaming failures of this management teams poor decisions.

As I walk in the hotel I was clearly impressed by the historical value of my surroundings and the genuine welcome I received from the bellmen and the front desk.

Everything was going well until I walked into the room. Paint peeling from the ceiling, a musty smell permeated the air, the bathroom was dirty complete with more peeling paint and plumbing which hasn't been updated since the late sixties early seventies.

I was looking forward to the hot springs bath in the room and well after what I just shared with you - no so much actually I didn't want to sit in the tub.

I thought to myself certainly the pool area or hot tub in the winter would be a focal point or a highlight for the property. No sadly it was the focal point for more ridicule.

I have to ask myself who is making the decisions around here? What's more important, reinvesting in ones business future, or just milking the hell out of an already dry cow.

So I think to myself at least I'll just settle in with my computer and try and relax in this manner.

I was pleased to find there was free internet but wait - The internet is so poor I could barely check my email - Actually the internet was so bad AOL dial up would have been a step up.

Honestly I have had better internet service in third world countries.

I was so disappointed I went to bar to tie one on in an attempt to sleep it off, and have some breakfast. My plan in the morning was to head to a hotel who understands the value of customer service.

The bar was good and the locals were great to talk to. I ordered food while at the bar and I have to say it was very good as well as the service, and the genuine nature of the staff waiting on me.

Investing in basic hotel upgrades, investing in the staff rather than outsourcing them and berating them, would better serve this property.

Perhaps a course at the local community college surrounding business management and human resources would better serve this owners management team. But what do I know - I only travel for a living.

So to summarize - if I wanted a room by the hour the Arlington would be my choice - if I want a consistent product where the property reinvests in its customers and staff - well I'll just have to stay somewhere else.

Until this owner gives the hotel a good enema reliving itself of the ridiculous management team I wont be staying at the hotel gain. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice I'd have to be an idiot.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Bob95895
ArlingtonGM, General Manager at Arlington Resort Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

Please accept my apologies for your recent stay.

Due to fluctuating business levels we have outsourced some positions in the hotel which we have found beneficial. The team members are made to feel a part of the hotel staff that has been here for many years.
I can tell you that in the four years that I have been the General Manager we are not milking the profits and plan on spending as much as possible to upgrade the hotel. The maintenance is ongoing in both the public areas as well as behind the scenes which is more difficult to see.

Appreciate your comments regarding the staff going out of their way.

Bob Martorana

Reviewed January 30, 2014 via mobile

I have wanted too stay in this hotel for awhile and decided too do it at the beginning of January. First the only staff at this place that is respectful and even care about making your stay good. I would have to say is the wonderful men at vallet and at the bar they have manners and care about the customer. By the way this hotel NEEDS TO SERVE SNACKS OR SOMETHING AFTER NINE NOT JUST ALCOHOL some of us don't drink and stale popcorn in a small cup just isn't working for you guys!! The room was a joke the blinds were pulled all the way up where you could see in on the patio; they were the cheap blinds we couldn't get them down don't call it a balcony on the phone when it is a patio closed in please!!! There were bugs the bed!!!! They had the balls to handed me the sheets like i work there to make the bed myself and told me that they contract out the maids!! P.S. I Found out after getting in the bed yuck!!! The toilet leaked and it took forever to get hot water I mean FOREVER!!!! I was heart broken this hotel is so beautiful and so many memories please fix it it needs help and fast it is a shame because it would and could be so much better!!! I would go back if they fixed it like a real 1800s hotel and not a 1970 horror theme!! PS the TV could be from this day and age please all the money this hotel makes they can afford a new TV please!!! And fyi clean the pool and hot tub I realize it is January but show some class!! New management is an understatement for you.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
4  Thank samurai111617
Reviewed January 22, 2014

Be careful when you make a reservation at this hotel. I had a very bad experience with them - I wasn't asking for anything except what was common sense but apparently the people/supervisor that work there in the billing department don't care about taking care of customers. It's too bad because it's a neat, historical place to visit. They just need to realize that customers are who enables them to have a business. Smart businesses take care of their customers.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank KathrynRC
Reviewed January 18, 2014

I have stayed here several times in the past 6 years and have always enjoyed it. I love the history of the place. There are quirks that can be expected. In some of the rooms the bathroom doors won't close. The sink faucets run either hot or cold, not in between. Most of the employees are friendly. One of the evening desk clerks will not do anything he does not have to do and I had to go back into the hotel to get a car tag last night. The hotel shop stays open until 1 on Sundays and on one of my trips I got in there at 12:45 and they ran me out. Don't bother bringing any computers. The wifi is either non existent or is slower than the old dial up. The workers in the spa are wonderful and the whole spa experience is worth the trip. Just do not charge anything to your room. Go ahead and pay for everything as you get it. I was charged 65.00 for something I still don't know what it was

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the park side
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 11, 2014

Spent one night here on a cross country trip. The Arlington is a neat old hotel that needs an overhaul badly. It would be wonderful if someone would sink the money into her. The lobby is impressive with beautiful murals behind the bar and bandstand, but the furniture needs replacing. The paint, woodwork, carpets, wiring, elevators--everything--need to be redone in the lobby and in the rooms. The room was average size, clean, with a comfortable king bed. The TV was the old box kind. The bathroom was basically a closet with an unlit shower. The sink was stuck in a cubbyhole and it was hard to dry my hair--I had to keep my arms and the hair dryer out side of this space and I was too far away from the mirror to see what I was doing. We had a pleasant and reasonable thermal mineral bath in their spa for $28. Their Friday night seafood buffet was worth the $30. Staff were friendly. Our only truly bad experience was the moldy muffin we got from their coffee shop but the clerk refunded our money. The hotel is perfectly located at the end of Central Ave close to the historic bathhouses and downtown.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple