“Wonderful! I felt as thought I stepped back in time.”

Arlington Resort Hotel & Spa
Ranked #14 of 45 Hotels in Hot Springs
Prairie Grove, AR
Reviewed April 19, 2004

I had never stayed anywhere like the Arlington Hotel. When I arrived I felt special with the valet parking. The staff was courtious and professional. I felt as though I had stepped back in time. The rooms of course are not like a new hotel but are nice and clean and full of charm. The lobby in the evening is full of life and a wonderful place to enjoy your stay. If you rather have a more quiet time the cascading pools and hot tub are so relaxing. I loved floating in the pool at night and looking up at the stars. I stayed at the Arlington Hotel while attending the Poultry Festival with my work and my husband accompanied me. We very much enjoyed our stay last June 2003 and hope to return this June 2004.

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Write a ReviewReviews (1,682)

Reviewed April 12, 2004

The Arlington not only has atmosphere but some of the most awesome spring water on the planet. That's why they call it 'Hot Springs.' If you are the kind of person who follows the hot springs circuit, this place is for you. There are many restored bath houses on "Bath House Row", but the Arlington is where my husband and I always stay. It has a large non-chlorinated redwood hot tub nestled into the side of the mountain above the hotel and it's open 24 hours. What a way to heal your aching bones. Then you can get a treatment in their thermal baths and a massage. And you don't have to be rich to afford it. The surrounding Ouachita Mountains are spectacular and you can even dig for crystals while you're there. A fabulous getaway!!!

8  Thank penmarkpotions
Reviewed April 11, 2004

There are newer, nicer hotels on the lake as well as within a few blocks of the Arlington. However, we try and stay at the Arlington when we can just for the atmosphere. This is a beautiful old hotel with a mystery and atmosphere that cannot be duplicated in a new building. The management has done a good job of keeping the place remodeled without destroying the charm. Some people love old hotels, some people want the spit and polish of a new hotel. At the Arlington, not everything will work well, not everything will look new. Going to the Arlington is like walking into an old movie. Dress up a little and enjoy the mystique of times gone by.

6  Thank James P
Memphis, TN
Reviewed April 10, 2004

This was a girls getaway....It turned out great..I loved the Arlington Hotel. The breakfast buffet was the best ever. Although the holtel is old -- it has been kept up nicely. The bath and massage was also a retreat. I would stay at the Arlington Hotel again anytime.

Springfield, MO
Reviewed April 1, 2004

We loved the Arlington -- yes it is old, and that's a huge part of it's romantic charm! Our room (maximum room) on the 7th floor was clean and nicely furnished including a ceiling fan. We had a great view of the park. The bathroom was old -- which I expected from a hotel nearly 80 years old --but clean. We booked the golf package and did the whole spa bath/massage thing as well. We found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. The spa and golf experiences were great, and we plan on returning to Hot Springs and the Arlington.

The one unusual thing is that evidently the hotel operates in 3 modes -- heat on, air conditioning on, and neutral. When we checked in the air was not on -- but the windows open, and we enjoyed the fresh air and ceiling fan. Normally I'm not big on valet parking, but it's definitely worth it and our car was always waiting for us by the time we got to the lobby.

Springfield, Missouri