“I loved it!!”

Arlington Resort Hotel & Spa
Ranked #14 of 45 Hotels in Hot Springs
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Yes the building is old and the plumbing reminded me of my old farmhouse but who stays in the room anyway!! I must say the food was absolutely amazing! I had the best fried green tomatoes I have ever had! The pool area was great too! We will definitely be staying at the Arlington again!

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (1,695)

Reviewed September 8, 2013

I read a lot of reviews that said the place was ill-kept and dirty and I chalked it up to people having unreasonably high expectations of this historical hotel. I was wrong. We reserved a room with a King and a mountain view. We got a Queen with a view of the roof and the dilapidated Park Hotel. There is no way to control the temperature in your room. The pillows were about as thick as a paperback romance novel and provided about the same comfort. The sheets are terrible, stiff and rough, our bed didn't have a fitted bottom sheet or a mattress pad and when we woke up in the morning we were sleeping partially on uncovered mattress. Yuck! Moving on to shower time...What a joke, I am 5 ft tall and the shower head was almost too low for me, my fiancé who is over 6 ft tall couldn't really use it. Although that didn't end up mattering anyway since water only comes out sporadically. And I don't mean the pressure just goes in and out, it does that too, but that there are times when NO water comes out. The toilet barely flushed, the sink was falling off the pedestal, and the towels are rougher than the sheets. When we came back from breakfast, housekeeping had come in, taken away our used towels and hadn't replaced them. When I asked for replacements they dumped a bag of random towels in front of our door. There were also a number of other issues with housekeeping that I won't go into.
We valeted our car, and when we needed something out of it, we were directed by an elderly employee to walk through a tunnel to our car. Valet parking is outside, in a barely fenced in parking lot. Boy, did we feel dumb, our car wouldn't have sat in the sun for two days if we had just self parked (for free!) in the parking garage. What a rip-off.

The hotel, other than the lobby and dining areas, is shabby and is not being kept up the way a building with such history should.

I would recommend staying elsewhere, but swinging by here to check out the lobby bar.

Room Tip: Don't stay here. That's the best room in the hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank L C
ArlingtonGM, General Manager at Arlington Resort Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

Please accept my apologies and for giving us an opportunity . There are no excuse for the lack of water pressure and for the housekeeping services. I am also sorry we could not meet the room type you requested.
Our research indicated your original reservation was for a date in August when we had availability. A change in dates moved to one of our busiest weekends of the year. Many of the rooms had already been reserved. Our valet lot is partially indoors and outdoors and is in fact surrounded by fence. Our customers look to the convenience.

Once again, please accept my apologies.

Bob Martorana

Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

We really enjoyed our stay here. It's exactly as you would expect for an older hotel, they have preserved so many of the beautiful characteristics from when it was built. There are glass doorknobs and beautiful moldings and windows. Check in was a little slow, but the staff was friendly and our room was clean and updated. It's perfectly located near all the cute shops on Central Avenue. We can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank krhill
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This is a blast from the past. The Arlington would make an excellent setting for a Hollywood film about 1920's prohibition and gangsters. This place is just astounding. Every time I visit, there's some new discovery to be made. Now, I want to be sure to let you know that this isn't the Holiday Inn or any other massive corporate motel. The rooms are small and old, and look outdated. Decor is probably early 1950's, at best. And that's the modernized rooms. The pool area is definitely 1940's vintage. Art Deco lobby and veranda. The place is most certainly old school. That's the charm of the Arlington. This is a funky-wonderful establishment.

Sit out on the veranda and watch the traffic go by, and listen to the clip clop of the horse-drawn carriages go down the street. Sit in the hotel lobby and listen to live jazz or blues on the stage. Help yourself to popcorn by the bar. Watch it all from the mezzanine level second floor. No micro chip swipe card here...use a solid brass one ounce room key. If you have to be swallowed by hi tech wi-fi-ery, go somewhere else. This is a gem from the past, and should be savored. There aren't many places remaining that are like the Arlington. If you go to Hot Springs and don't stay here, you will be missing a real treasure.

Room Tip: This is an early 20th century hotel. It is not a modern establishment. Don't expect all the am...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank chafraho
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I love staying at The Arlington. It has the elegance and charm of a 20's era hotel. If you're looking for a modern, cookie cutter establishment, you probably won't enjoy this hotel. Yes, some of the rooms show some wear just because of the sheer age of the building but they are clean and comfortable. The only issue we had this stay was that the room wasn't ready at the 3:00 check in time. The front desk gave us another room on a higher floor. I highly recommend the Arlington for a relaxing stay right in the heart of Hot Springs.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank challdorman
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Located in the historic district in Hot Springs, this is an wonderful old hotel full of history in it's own right. The favourite 'de-stress' vacation spot for Al Capone, we stayed on the fourth floor, which is also the floor housing the suite Al Capone used to stay in (unfortunately someone was staying in there when we were there, so couldn't get in to have a look - but just ask reception if you are staying here and they will happily let you view the room if no-one is staying in there). The hotel is very comfortable and retains it's very 20's charm. The mineral bathhouse on the 4th floor is an absolute must do. Incredibly relaxing and the staff are very friendly. The pool and outdoor spa area was also really cool for an absolute chillax. This is not a modern hotel by an means, however, step inside the front doors of The Arlington and you really feel like you are stepping back in time. You can picture the hotel with it's infamous gangster guests roaming or just relaxing in the lobby area or the bar. The town itself is full of history and a walk around town or a horse and buggy ride are must do's.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kanga_2013
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This is a charming place but I will never return. The hotel is 75 years old and the room clearly showed it's age. We got a room with two adjoining rooms, one on each side. We clearly requested a single queen size bed but got two twin beds. I asked for a different room but was turned down due to capacity. My husband and I made the best of it and even though we were celebrating our anniversary we had to sleep in separate beds. To make things worse the noise level was horrible, we could hear EVERYTHING being said in both adjoining rooms. At 11:00 p.m. I finally called front desk and asked to switch but again got turned down. They said they would take care of the noise but at 1:00 a.m. it was still going on. The constant flushing of the toilet from upstairs sounded like a freight train. The door to the bathroom would not open or close unless we shoved it with our body. The shower had no water pressure and the shower head clearly needed some CLR. At check out I was asked how our visit was and I proceeded to tell the attendant everything, to which she replied "oh, well that happens". Not even an apology, needless to say, I'll never go back there.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rosaleimann

I am sorry we were unable to move you to a different room or quiet the individuals next door. I am also sorry we could not fulfill your request for a Queen or King size room due to capacity and you ended up in a room with two double beds.

Please accept my apologies for the condition of your room and lack of empathy on behalf of the front desk agent. There are no excuses.

Bob Martorana