“Beautifully Historic...needs improvements”

Ranked #17 of 44 Hotels in Hot Springs
Little Rock, AR
“Beautifully Historic...needs improvements”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2008

My husband and I stayed at the Arlington for one night on Saturday May 3, 2008. We were looking to get away for a night. I love historic buildings and had always wanted to stay at the Arlington so we thought we would give it a try.

It's a beautiful hotel but it's dated and needs improvements. We didn't have a bad experience but for those looking for perfection, you will be a little disappointed. The lobby is beautiful. Check in and check out were quick. The parking is terrible. They have a parking garage about a block away that is hard to get in to. We decided to valet park for $12.00 a day. It was worth it to us!

The room was okay. The bathroom is very small and the room had only a shower. The shower was tiny and dark. I would suggest that you reserve a room with a full bath! The room was small. We had to move out of each other's way to get around the room. The carpet was a little dirty and the paint was peeling off the wall. However, the view and the room service was amazing!

This is a beautiful hotel. Just remember-it is old...and it shows it.

• Liked — beautiful hotel, room service
  • Disliked — quality of room, small bathroom
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (318)
Oklahoma City
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2008

Just came back from spending a wonderful 4 days at The Arlington in Hot Springs.....what a beautiful, amazing place....it is truly like walking back into time. The lobby is absolutely beautiful with great big band music on weekend evenings. The veranda stretches around the building for 1/16th of a mile and overlooks all the bustling activity on Central Ave. No bugs or anything of the nature that other people have posted.....our rooms were also cleaned very well everyday (the A/C was working fine too). I think some of the issues reported by others are more of a reaction to their disappointment that this isn't the Ritz Carlton by any means...nor is it meant to be. It sort of reminded me of one of those great early 1900s cruise liners.......I can't wait to go back.

• Liked — Historical Feel and Location
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with friends
Massacusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2008

On July 9 -14, 2006, I spent 5 nights and 6 days attending a Deputies Conference at the Arlington Resort Hotel and Spa . And I must say, that my experience was out of this world. The Hotel smells and Roches were crawling all over the walls.
I notifed the front desk I was told that they would send a Pest Control person to my room that night.

This incident happen at approximately 10:30 p.m.. therefore I requested a room change, however I was told that there will be no room changes. For the record, no one showed up to spray the room during my stay. Roches continued to crawled all over the walls..

With that said, I would never recommend this place to anyone, It smells, roches are in the rooms, the maid service was lest than average, the walls where crack, the bathroom sink and fixtures were broken... The place is not kept up as shown....

• Liked — Histroy and Conference
  • Disliked — Roches in the Room
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Hot Springs hotels

Abilene
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2008

I went to Hot Springs' website where a lot of hotels offer packages, etc.. I called the Arlington and booked a "Romance Package." I asked for anything but a rooftop view and was told our room was facing the State Park. When we got there, we opted to self-park which was about $12.00. The parking garage was down the street just a bit away. When we arrived at our room, I was extremely ticked off to see it was a rooftop view. I called the front desk and they were able to put us in a room on the other side of the hotel with a better view.(I thought this was what I was getting in the first place.) This was done quickly and they were nice about it. For breakfast the next morning we wanted to eat at the Pancake House, but at 9:30am the wait was one hour. So, we noticed a little burrito store next door to that and had a great breakfast. Speaking of breakfast, I would not reccommend eating breakfast there or wasting your $30 food credit on it. It looks pretty from afar, but trust me, it's not. On the weekend we were there, we hung out and danced in the lobby where there was a pretty good little band.If you like to drink, then use your food/beverage credit there at the bar. If you are going to stay at the Arlington, go take advantage of the Bath House on the third floor. It was a positive experience, very relaxing. Also, keep in mind the hotel is old and therefore you are going to see where the interior has been painted several times and the doors are not the typical, thick doors you might expect. Unless you want everyone in the hall to hear everything you say, keep it down. Some people like the charm of an older hotel. If that's you, then you will have no problems here. The rates weren't bad and it is located in a good part of Central-right down from Bathhouse Row and a lot of shopping. If you want a modern place to stay, then check around because this place won't be for you. Also, I'm a realist, so I'll be honest-I feel like you need to check and double-check your reservations. When we checked out, they did not have our reservation booked as a "Romance Package" so therefore, the food/bev credit and room rate that came with it weren't on there. I can't help but feel like they were trying to scr*w me over, but that's my opinion. If I ever stay in Hot Springs again, I might consider this hotel, but most likely try another.

• Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
Austin, TX
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2008

My family and I stayed in a mineral bath room during spring break of this year. The room we had was dated and the hotel itself showed a need for minor repairs. The mineral bath was great and we enjoyed them everyday in the privacy of our own room. The staff took care of everything we needed and we were able to schedule our daughter for the salon quickly and easily for the next day. We liked the location of the hotel and the ease in which we found restaurants and gift shops. Overall, the hotel was nice but not great.....and I am not sure worth the rate we paid for a mineral bath room.

• Liked — Mineral Bath Room
  • Disliked — Dated room decor
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank nutterbutter818
houston,texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2008

The hotel smelled really old..The spa/bathhouse is what I visited. We paid $60.00 for the bath, hot towel wrap, and massage..I hate to sound rude but I'm just saying how I felt..The tubs really grossed me out because they were all stained..There was even mildew around it..That really grossed me out...I just could not relax during the bath.. It also grossed me out that they do not give you any spa slippers to walk with..I would of preferred to use my tennis shoes instead of my bare feet.. The floors did not look clean either..I also felt uncomfortable stripping down nude..But I guess it's a tradition.. I would of preferred to stay in my towell wrap..When I got my massage the girl talked the whole time!! I wished I could of rested my mind instead but I didn't want to sound rude and tell her not to talk...My experience was o.k. but definetly not worth the $60.00....I really felt rushed out of there...

Stayed April 2008
2 Thank rd35
Memphis, TN
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2008

The other views about the Arlington are not wrong. We spent one night March 26 on a bus trip to the races. This used to be the place to stay. It is old and quaint which is o.k. but it could use some updating. One of our group of four was not feeling well so we decided to have a small-plate in the dining room which looked very good. One in our group wanted the soup of the day. The waiter did not know what it was since he forgot to look when he came to work. We were the first four people in the dining room. When she got her soup, she had to ask for a soup spoon. Our beef tips and couscous was good. We all ordered dessert. We got there about 6:30. We started asking for our check at 8 p.m. We never could catch our waiter so we asked the manager for it. We decided it would be quicker to pay cash. The manager asked if I wanted change since it was only 79 cents. When I asked if it was going on the waiter's tip, he kind of shrugged. I asked for my change. I have never had this happen anywhere before. He did take our desserts off the bill since we had waited so long. There was another table of 8, a couple and one man. That is all I saw in the room. The manager said they weren't expecting to be so busy and no one told him a bus was coming. (We were the only 4 in our group to eat there.) There were only two waiters and the manager. He said he had people waiting. There were lots of empty tables icluding one set up for 8. When we got out the door, there were 4 people still waiting but the other 4 with them had left. I asked the manager how many people they were used to having on a Wednesday night. He said about ten. How can they stay open. There were a lot of families with small kids. Must have been spring break somewhere. Glad I got my 79 cents change.

• Disliked — Could hear the people in the next room talking.
  • Stayed March 2008