“Like the hotel history”

Arlington Resort Hotel & Spa
Ranked #15 of 45 Hotels in Hot Springs
Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed in a standard room with a king size bed. Room was a good size and the bed was comfortable. Hotel has a lot of history that was interesting. The beer at bar was expensive and the breakfast in the hotel restaurant was horrible and very expensive. Overall it was a good place to stay but not to eat in.

• Stayed: April 2013
ArlingtonGM, General Manager at Arlington Resort Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

Was pleased that you found the bed and room comfortable. There are no excuses and was sorry to hear of your dining experience.

Please accept my sincere apologies and appreciate the feedback on your visit.

Bob Martorana

Write a ReviewReviews (1,669)

Reviewed April 19, 2013

The Arlington has a lot of history and tradition in the city of Hot Springs, but it's a shame that it has fallen to its current level. The rooms are outdated. My wife describes the bathrooms as out of a 1970's mobile home. She hates staying at the Arlington based on her attendance at conferences as a home ec teacher years ago. On one visit she found an empty whiskey bottle in a dresser drawer.

Service at check in was not very friendly. The best service I received was by the shuttle driver who picked me up at the parking lot in front of the old Majestic Hotel. He hollered at me as I prepared to start walking and asked if I needed a ride to the Arlington.

The TV in my room was an old box type TV that had terrible reception. I had a TV like this at my house that I threw away years ago. The rooms are noisy from people next door and from the hallway. Musak type music is playing in the hallways which is annoying when you are trying to sleep. Thankfully, it stopped playing at 11:00 p.m.

The Arlington has a lot of potential, if it is renovated, to be an outstanding resort hotel with its tradition and location. Unfortunately, it has deteriorated to an outdated relic of a glorious past.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Razorfish

Please accept my apologies that the hotel did not meet your expectations. There are no excuses for rude service. I was pleased to hear about our shuttle driver.

The Arlington Hotel does require a considerable amount of capital and maintenance repairs. We continue to strive to make those improvements to the areas that most impact the customers.

Appreciate your feedback,

Reviewed April 15, 2013

Very nice historic atmosphere for a wonderful seafood buffet dinner. All staff we encountered were very pleasant and professional. Dishes, glasses & silverware were all clean and all areas in dining room/rest rooms we saw were clean as well. Buffet was arranged beautifully with all sorts of salads, fresh fruit, imported cheeses, hot /cold seafood & side items, prime rib, crab legs, oyster on the half shell and cold boiled shrimp. All items were of good quality & served at proper temperature. Also nice selection on dessert table, Wonderful piano player as well to add to the atmosphere. Keep up the good work here and we can't wait to come back!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank PNKS
ArlingtonGM, General Manager at Arlington Resort Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Thank you for your comments regarding our Friday Night Seafood Buffet. I will make sure Chef and the staff read and will appreciate your experience.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

Usually stay at Best Western across from Hotel! Here for the Racing and Spas! Great location! But not worth the price they are asking for! Not much they offer here! Could offer so much more! Not very friendly staff except for the lady that checked us in!!

Room Tip: Take a chance you might get a decent room! They have so many different ones I am told?? Ours was ve...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jimmy H

Considering the location and the amenities we offer it is usually a great value to our customers. Yes, we do have a variety of rooms and some are on the small side. No changes have been made to the original room configuration since 1924.

Next time you are here for the races and spa that you will give us another opportunity.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

Three to four times per year I look forward to having a Father & Daugther (10 years old now) trip to various places. Each time, as her Dad, I try to show her the nicest places to stay in whatever city we stay in. On our way from Houston, TX to Little Rock, AR, I decided to stop in Hot Springs and stay at The Arlington. Based upon the website (I didn't read the reviews), it appeared to be the best Hotel in the city.

Upon driving up into the valet, the attendant gave me a valet slip then told me to drive "across the street and park in the open parking lot". After driving 7 hours that was the last thing I wanted to hear. Upon check in, I wanted to upgrade my room to their largest suite. I asked about the Presidential Suite, the front desk clerk stated, they never rent that out...? After getting our room key, we headed to the dining room for dinner. Once we walked in, the entire room smelled like dead fish. My Daugther stated, she can't eat her because it stinks! We went up to our room, discovered all it's finishings where out dated. I like historic places but you need to upgrade
your sheets, drapes, furniture. The bathroom door wouldnt close either.

We ordered room service. Lady on the phone said it would be 45 minutes...? My steak was over cooked and her pizza was under cooked... My Daugther woke up around midnight and found a roach in her bed. The next morning, I woke up aphaving difficulty breathing. Upon turning on the lights, I discovered a thick coat of what I thought was dusts all over the dresser, tv and furniture. We quickly dressed and headed to the front desk to leave. We had booked for two nights, they asked why I was checking out, I explained everything. When I got to the dust they responded, no that wasnt dusk, it was pollen that comes in from the air conditioning unit each night during this time of year? WTF...? Because of that reason, they refused a refund of the next night. Lastly, I went to valet, they couldn't find my vehicle and ask me to come look for the key.

This place is a joke and needs to be bought by a larger chain and upgraded quickly...! We are now in Little Rock, the Peabody is wonderful...!

Room Tip: Don't waste your money!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank Rod T

I am very sorry for the experiences you had for a well planned weekend. As you were probably aware the Derby Weekend was probably the busiest weekend of the year. Parking is always at a premium and our valet usually fills up very quickly.

Friday night is Seafood Feast night in the dining room. There are no excuses for the preparation of your room service order or the dust in your room.

Please accept my apologies for any inconveniences caused.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

Arlington hotel was Nasty everwhere you look. Hot tubs water is not from the hot springs we were told by an employee. Parking-You pull into a parking garage--You think your car is going to be parked in the garage. No they take it to a open parking lot and leave it. This parking is full out large holes. The drivers don't slow down going through these holes. Your nice clean car now looks like a mudd ball, and they don't care. I watched them do this. Room service food trays left setting on the hall floors I know over night. The grandrooms they boast about on their website are locked, they will not let you in. Fire alarms go off for no reason. All this for just $130.00 per night and when you get there they will try to put you somewhere( other rooms) other than were you made the reservations.Never again!!! Dirty Dirty Dirty!!!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank MaryR47

Appreciate the feedback on your recent stay. There are no excuses for the way we delivered your car and the room service trays in the hallways. Very seldom do we have false fire alarms but they do happen.

Please accept my apologies for the inconveniences caused.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

I have been staying at the Arlington Hotel for many years and just returned. People who have not seen the hotel and read the reviews need to understand that this hotel is old and historic. It is a beautiful hotel steeped in history with all the amenites a traveler needs. They have a nice restaurant, a starbucks coffee, salon, a bar in the lobby, outdoor pool, a bathhouse and is in a great location. I have always enjoyed my stays at the hotel and will continue to be a guest. The only cons I give the Arlington is that I do not understand why they cannot update the rooms a little better. Also, the steamroom in the bathouse has been out of service for over a year. The tvs in the rooms looked like what I had over 20 years ago. However, the staff has made obvious strides updating by painting the room and purchasing nice new bed linens, but the rooms still need improvements. This is the only reason I cannot give the Arlington an excellent rating,

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank BillB007

We will always try and invest as much as possible to update the rooms but keep the historic significance.

Thank you for your years of loyalty.