“Horrible, sad, so disappointed”

Arlington Resort Hotel & Spa
Ranked #19 of 45 Hotels in Hot Springs
“Horrible, sad, so disappointed”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I've stayed here years ago, and have always loved to visit this beautiful hotel.. Our room was awful, I've never stayed in a worse room. the faucets in the bathroom had mold on them under the plastic. the bathroom is for someone 5' or under.. cigarett smoke was coming in from an adjoining room or stairway. it smelled like a wet dog. the hotel was in heat mode, so if you were hot you had to turn it off, it was still to hot, i got a nose bleed.. front desk was rude. our bellman was FANTASTIC, dinner was awful, 3 waiters and dinning room was 1/2 full. took 30 minutes to get water. It was so sad.... I would never recommed this hotel to any of my friends.

Room Tip: Stay at the Holiday Inn or another chain hotel...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Blondiess
ArlingtonGM, General Manager at Arlington Resort Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
There are no excuses fo any ceanliness issues with your room. The hotel has a variety of rooms with both large and small bathrooms. I was very surprised to read about the smoking since we went 100 % Non Smoking this past December with great response from our customers. With the changing weather it is difficult to change over from heating to cooling. Please accept my apologies for the rude front desk and lack of service in the restaurant.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (329)
Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed February 18, 2013

The Arlington hotel is a beautiful hotel with a lot of history. Upon our arrival, the valet attendant was present to give us our ticket, however when my vehicle was retrieved the attendant did not open my car door. Upon our arrival back to the hotel, there were no valet attendants. As we sat there and waited, an valet attendant stands there and stares as myself and my passengers open our own car doors. Not to mention during checkout I noticed there were coke stains on the side of my car door. The only way for the coke stains to be on my car door was if the valet attendant slammed my door closed. My cup holder is not on my side door!
Our standard room was clean. We stayed for two nights. Our bath towels were not replaced despite housekeeping coming in to make our beds.Just an FYI the walls were thin and it was easy to hear the neighbors moaning and having a good time next door. The beds were comfortable.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
ArlingtonGM, General Manager at Arlington Resort Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
I am so disappointed on the way you were treated in our valet area. Please trust that I have reviewed your concerns which are also mine. Every guest should be greeted and acknowledged. I was pleased that you found the room clean. In our green initiative sheets are not replaced every day but towels should have been changed.
Please accept my sincere apologies and appreciate your feedback on both the good and bad. It will only make the team better.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

I have been staying at the Arlington for years. It is an old historic hotel but still carries its charm. I would not stay anywhere else nor have I stayed anywhere else in Hot Springs. It is an old Hotel so I would not go expecting to see some great completely renovated hotel. It has its downsides. The rooms are hard to get the heat and cold adjusted unless you just relax and let the old hotel do its thing to keep you comfortable. Myself I like the older hotels with all of their history. If you think you are going to the taj mahal, think again. I hope I spelled that correctly. But the value I get from just the historic symbolence of this great old hotel is enough to keep me coming back three to six times a year just to relax and forget work. And lets not forget the surroundings, The Pancake Shop is a great morning stop. And the shops along the downtown streets are a great place to spend ones time. Stop in at pretty much any restaurant and you will find something great to eat as well.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank pneu65
Our hotel really appreciates loyal customers who keep coming back year after year. In fact in our internal survey we have over 50 % repeat customers. At times it can be difficult to control the temperature when seasons change. We usually try and anticipate the best avenue of heating or air conditioning for comfort. Keep in mind there was no such thing as a/c when the hotel was first built in 1924.
The downtown area is alive with activity just about any time of year.

Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Had an amazing time! Stayed on the weekend and the hotel had dancing, music, and a great atmosphere. The trip was topped off with Sunday brunch and cocktails in the lobby. My friends had such a good time at our hotel, they actually left theirs to come over to the Arlington. It's also a great place to go for a stroll in the morning time, check out the natural springs, and enjoy the history.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank epigirl217
ArlingtonGM, General Manager at Arlington Resort Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
A great gathering place for friends and family. Appreciate the feedback and getting your friends to stay with us.

Tylertown, Mississippi
Reviewed February 1, 2013

We have been coming to Hot Springs for over 40 years. We stay at the Arlington every time. I can honestly say that we have never had a bad experience. The Arlington Hotel is a treasure. Sure I would love to see the city of Hot Springs invest a few million dollars in upgrading this beautiful landmark, but who has that kind of money in this day and time? Again, if you want up to date and modern, please stay at one of the newer chain hotels. However, if you want a wonderful reminder of bygone elegance, stay at the Arlington, we always do!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
7 Thank marilyn44064
ArlingtonGM, General Manager at Arlington Resort Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thanks for the 40 years of loyalty. We are trying to spend as much money as possible each and every year. New bedding a couple of years ago, pool area, ballroom and carpet.

Oklahoma
Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

I am appalled at the reviews I have read about the Arlington. Clearly social media is not a reliable measure of quality.

This is still the grande dame of the South. A beautiful classic hotel with wifi. Each visit, often separated by a year or two, is like coming home. From the traditional spa to the fried donuts at the great Sunday bunch.

I really wonder about the other reviewers and what their agenda might be because if you are well travelled this a gem of a sadly bygone day.

Don't hesitate to give it a stay. You'll be glad you did and will realize how libelously skewed the reviews I've read for years have been.

Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
7 Thank Dochands
Appreciate your business and for coming back to the hotel. We really look forward to our repeat guests.

Springfield, Missouri
Reviewed January 29, 2013

It breaks my heart to give the Arlington Hotel an average. I've gone there for years and years. It's really changed they must have new owners or something. It all started with the bellman who helped with the luggage. He threw everything on the bed and he was just rude. Next we had TV problems. The remote wouldn't work. They brought another and then they had to bring in a new tv. This took up most of our evening. We oredered room service. The grilled cheese used to be a real gourmet treat. It was awful and avergae!! The room looked 85 years old. We waited for our car and it took us 20 minutes to get out of there. The old famous seafood buffett was so so so sad. Just a few fried choices. Way overpriced. My heart is broken..... Another good piece of America passes by.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank happytourist47
There are no excuses for the bell service and apologize for the condition of the TV and remote. I feel confident in the food quality with our new Chef and menu in 2013 for not only room service but the Seafood buffet.