“Historic and interesting- great location”

Arlington Resort Hotel & Spa
Ranked #17 of 44 Hotels in Hot Springs
“Historic and interesting- great location”
Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

Despite the negative reviews by many other users we decided to stay here on a spur of the moment stop in Hot Springs and we thought it was a neat place. We had one of the "Historic" rooms and it was $108 on a Saturday night- we didn't have advance reservations & we had no trouble getting in. The room was small but clean & comfortable. (A little dusty, but I can live with that.) We went to the bath house in the hotel & enjoyed it too. Because we were short on time we just did the basic bath but it was still a treat. It's a unique spa experience, not like a normal spa. The only thing I can compare it to is the hot spring spa in Palm Springs, CA. This was our first time in Hot Springs and we wouldn't hesitate to come back. We'd stay here again because the old Hotel charm beats a modern hotel chain any day, not to mention that its located in walking distance from the old downtown area.

• Stayed November 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (317)
Houston
Reviewed October 25, 2012

We had the Arlington recommended but were disappointed in the staff and the rooms. Front desk staff both days seemed unhappy & unfriendly. Rooms were very antiquated, definitely not the "resort" you might expect by the name. Felt like we were in an old sanitorium. Spa baths were the nicest part of it and attendants were friendly.

Travelers are raving about these Hot Springs hotels

Winnie, Texas
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Was a little leery about staying here after reading some of the reviews but we are so glad that we did. We checked in on a Sunday evening for one night. The downtown area was pretty much dead. We toured the lobby area and talked to the gentleman at the front desk at which we chose a room with a tub that is connected to the hot springs (except on Sundays - but we enjoyed it on Monday morning). The room was huge and the bed was very comfortable. The next morning, we tried to book "The Works" at the downstairs spa but were running short of time. We settled for the 30 minute massages instead. We truly enjoyed exploring this old hotel and plan to visit again. It was worth every penny that we spent - best sleep I've had on a road trip!

2 Thank Bretmcbunch
Indiana, United States
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Booked this hotel as it seemed like the best place to stay in downtown Hot Springs. The hotel is just magnificent looking, howbeit run down in places inside. The staff was'nt very friendly. The valet men and bellmen pretty well demand to be tipped. When checking in I seen a cart and didn't realize they had bellmen, and a bellmn ran and yelled saying he could'nt let me use it, as he would have to do it, and that I would need to give him a tip. We had a lot of luggage so I didn't protest, though I was a bit appaled by being told I would need to tip him. When we left, a valet who had'nt helped us at all got our car, I did'nt feel he needed a tip but he pretty well blocked my door and said 4 times "i got your car for you, took good care of it" while holding his hand out. I just gave him a 5 I had on my pocket to be rid of him. Other then those experiences, the hotel was clean, it was in a good location to all the things to do in town.The beds where comfortable. If I go back to Hot Springs I would probally stay here again, just won't expect friendly service.

Baton Rouge
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Rooms are very very disappointing! Looks like they haven't been painted in decades. The carpet was way past it's useful life too. I expected old time stuff, but I expected it to be maintained -- it was not. My parents' room was terrible too, and I even overheard some people down the hall joking about how terrible their room was.
No surprise, the manager did no even ask how my stay at the Arlington was. We only stayed one night, and would not have stayed that long if we weren't so tired upon arrivial.
Also, I have been to Hot Springs 4 times now in the past 25 years, and it has deteriorated badly. I won't be recommending Hot Springs to anyone any more.

Room Tip: don't seem to have good rooms.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank gyro g
Texarkana, Arkansas
Reviewed October 15, 2012

The room was ok. Nothing to be excited about but comfortable. Bathroom had no counter space at all! We stayed on the 5th floor and you could still hear the street noise. Very close to shops. The spa was a little disappointing, Expected it to be nicer. Just seemed old.

Room Tip: stay on a higher floor to avoid noise from the street
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
Reviewed October 14, 2012

We were breaking up a 14 hour drive and stayed at the Arlington for a night... Frankly some of the negative reviews convinced us we would enjoy its charm. Phoning in the reservation was pleasant... They easily accommodated my wife's mobility issues. Valet parking was courteous and efficient.... Bellman was prompt and informative... Even retrieved an item we forgot from the car after It was parked. Front desk answered all our questions. Luggage was expeditiously delivered to our room. Couple of quick glasses of wine in the lobby bar were courteously served. Our server answered more questions and mentioned that there was a film festival on premises.... The seventh floor Wi-Fi was pokey But serviceable. The front desk offered the business center and implied that I could use one of their computers if uploads were too slow. White tablecloth dinner for two for under $100 Accompanied by an accomplished pianist... A shot of espresso the next morning for under one dollar at the on premise Starbucks.... And we were ready to finish the rest for a trip back to Houston. Did I mention? That we felt completely immersed in another grander era the entire time. We will be back!

Mary and Jim Bratton