“Historic and Nice” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Arlington Resort Hotel & Spa

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hot Springs
Arlington Resort Hotel & Spa
Ranked #17 of 44 Hotels in Hot Springs
Claremore, Oklahoma
“Historic and Nice”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

We knew going in that the Arlington Resort was old, so we expected it to be low on modern features. It turned out to be quite a nice vacation. We stayed in a Parlor Suite, which was nice. Our room was quiet, except for an occasional Harley driving by. The employees were very nice and accomodating. Overall, the resort needs some updating. We were considering useing the pool and hot tub, but the decking around it was a huge safety concern. The food was good and the evening entertainment was nice as well. I feel a lot of the problems with the hotel are due to the fact that their hands are tied by the department of the interior due to the historical significance and just how much they can update...it's a nice hotel and we will return.

Room Tip: The suites are very nice...recommend Quapaw Bath house for couples mineral bath and massage!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank OSUCowboys83

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (315)
Memphis, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012

In preparing for our trip to Hot Springs we had been told by several people that the Arlington was THE place to stay. But the reviews on this site were mixed. I went into it being very skeptical.

You can tell that this hotel once was very very nice. We had a nice stay and enjoyed ourselves.

The lobby and patio are nice. I'd love to see the hotel take better advantage of that porch. Put in some rocking chairs, have more servers out there, etc. Our bathroom was fine, but you could see the age in the walls and fixtures.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank rachelbaddorf
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012 via mobile

We have stayed at the Arlington twice over the last few years and both experiences were enjoyable. The hotel is a masterpiece even if a little worn. The building is stunning inside and out, but the hotel rooms could definitely use some updating. The paint has yellowed, there is wall paper peeling off in some corners and the tvs are old box set tvs. A quick room remodel/refresh would work wonders.

But the great thing about the hotel is its location - walking distance to the baths, shopping and all the fabulous hot springs restaurants! Also, if you don't want to take a stroll down to the historic baths, you can enjoy a good soak and massage at the hotel. Be sure to book a room where the water in the room is mineral water, and you can enjoy a "bath" several times over your stay. And if possible, stay long enough to enjoy their Sunday am brunch or seafood buffet. Both are outstanding!

Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank jodiekr
st louis mo
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2012

Sadly, this was probably one of the worst stays we've ever experienced as far as the cleanliness of the hotel and the quality of food and service. We were STOKED about coming to stay here for part of the week. We reserved our very pricey room for 5 nights before we got there and were SO sorry we did. They'd already charged our card. We loved that this was the place that Al Capone stayed when he was in town and we loved reading all about the history. What we didn't love were the dirty sheets with fresh make up stains and God knows what else. The very nice comforters were also nasty with make up. We had to ask for new linens and they didn't offer to put them on for us. We did that ourselves and the staff didn't even apologize. Still we were very polite and gracious, hoping it would get better. The beds were small and lumpy. Not even our teenage daughters slept well. They woke up hurting. Our furniture (some of it) was dirty and the windows were filthy.

I don't sleep well at night so I was up roaming the halls a lot. The hall ways weren't vacuumed and the guest chairs outside of the elevators had holes and other damage. The downstairs lobby and lounge area was filthy especially the tables and floors. We paid about $150 a night to stay here and felt very let down. I went outside the front doors to watch the traffic one night and was met with by a teenage boy who was hanging out with other teenage boys all on their cell phones. They weren't guests at the hotel but were allowed to do "business" on the front steps of the Arlington. I was told later by another guest that this same boy walked up to their teenage daughter at night wanting to sell drugs. The staff seemed to be aware that these kids were hanging out on the beautiful entryway steps by the fountain, yet they did nothing to make these kids leave. I also found out that Hot Springs has issued a city wide 10:00 pm curfew because of the crime that's been going on. Apparently the kids have found a way around the curfew by hanging out at the hotel. SCARY. I learned quickly not to go outside at night. Directly across from the Arlington, on the other side of the street, there was a dirty mattress thrown outside right on the sidewalk. It took 2 days before someone moved it.

The first night we stayed, we went to breakfast at the Arlington. TERRIBLE idea. NONE of our parties food was worth eating. It was the worst breakfast we'd ever eaten at any hotel. The free and stale "continental breakfasts" at cheaper hotels have been better. We complained and received only part of our money back. I stayed in one night while my family went to catch a magic show down the street. I ordered room service and although EXTREMELY high priced, it was very good so I'm not sure why they weren't able to do breakfast??? If you order room service, I recommend the crab cakes. They were huge and delicious and didn't taste fishy so I knew they were freshly made. I wasn't disappointed with the strip steak I ordered either.

The pools were the high light of our stay at the Arlington. They weren't kept up by any means (which is a shame because of the potential beauty here with the waterfall going over the shallow pool down below)... There were leaves and debris every day that we swam. One day I cleaned them out so my girls could swim. I believe the pools are filled with mineral water from the springs because I saw someone (an adult) actually bed down and take a cup, fill it up and drink out of it (GROSS - there were people swimming in this water). The hot tub made me afraid to use it because I'd wondered how long it had been since it was cleaned... however I couldn't keep my own teenagers out of the hot tub. All in all it was nice and relaxing to sit by the pool and listen to the kids play along with the sound of the waterfall:-) I very much liked that there was a shallow end of the pool down below the waterfall for the little kids and above the waterfall on the second deck, there's a 6 foot pool, maybe deeper. There's also a walking trail that over looks the pools with lawn chairs and a little table where you can sit and watch everybody. Oh... there's a cabana by the pool where they claim to sell drinks and food during the "IN" season. We were there during the summer AND during the weekend but not once did this place open up to serve even a water. A lot of people were disappointed.

After talking to some of the other business owners around town, we found out that the Arlington has been under new management more times than anyone can keep up with. Apparently they're having lots of trouble with staff. SUCH a shame because this could really be a place where I'd want to be. It has SO much potential. I can't say I "hated" the Arlington because I do love the "idea" of it but I won't be back unless I see that it's cleaned up. I'll be checking Trip Advisor from time to time.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
7 Thank shellakers

Travelers are raving about these Hot Springs hotels

McLoud, Oklahoma
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2012

While I love the whole historic feel of this hotel, there is just no excuse for the rooms being dirty. They really need to hire a manager that can oversee a cleaning crew. From the dust on the room door slats to the grimy and torn curtains, its in bad shape. To top it off, the made stole my prescription of Lortab. I didnt realize it until i got home a few days later and had to have one and found my entire new bottle empty, Ya, don't waste your money here. Very disappointing all the way around.

Room Tip: my room was a standard room at $97 a night. Maybe the more expensive rooms are better.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Julie742
Charleston, Illinois, USA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2012

What I loved about the Arlington. Being a person who travels with a dog, different things impress me than your average tourist. I LOVED being able to walk out the door at the end of my hall on the 6th floor and within seconds entering a woodland path that's perfect for walking a dog, esp a dog like mine who loves the woods. I loved the lobby - the bar, the live entertainment, the free popcorn. I loved the location - near everything down town. I loved the bed - truly lux and a great night's sleep. I loved the free soaps and etc. I loved the 3rd floor spa, even tho I had to settle for the bath and sauna pack because the 3 BUS'S that arrived before me booked all the massages and other treatments!
What I didn't like. The room WAS kind of rundown. Average on clean in the bathroom, the toilet wasn't clean beneath, but I saw no mold. I had the shower only kind of room - to get a bath tub is more expensive, and the shower head WAS the Walmart kind. I didn't like the fact that the guy who parked my car smoked in my car. I didn't like the carpet that hadn't been shampooed in a while. I didn't like that the room next door got a wake up call that woke me!!

but all in all, for 200.00 I drank mucho wine in the lobby, met and befriended a couple of gals, walked my dog in the woods, and slept well in really interesting vintage surroundings. For that money, in CA, I got a room. period.

Room Tip: If you have a dog, the middle hall 6th floor exits right into the woods of the mountain!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Cindybettinger
damascus,ar
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2012

We have been staying at the Arlington on our trips to Hot Springs for about 10 years. In that time we have stayed at other places in Hot Springs and always keep coming back to the Arlington. We really like the poarch and watch the traffic go by. The rooms are nothing special but just the style and history of the hotel keeps us coning back. The Friday night Sea Food Buffett is the major attraction to us, best we have ever been to. The sat.night buffett is equally good (Prime Rib) and the fixings. The buffetts are a little pricey and we still come back, its worth it. The location is prime walking distance to lots of shops and bars, but you don't need the bars the Arlington has a great one. The pool and hot tub is on the side of the mountain easy acess form the 7th floor and both are great. The massage is very good and the last couple of years we have been going to Buck Staff Bath House, a little better massage and a little better price. I can not say anything bad about the Arlington, next trip we will stay there. For saving money go some where else, for a good time,good food and good location stay at the Arlington.

Gary & Wilma

Room Tip: Every room we have stayed in was good and remember this is an old Hotel.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple