“Rude, Rude, Rude!!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Houston, Texas
“Rude, Rude, Rude!!”
Reviewed July 2, 2010

We arrived weary and tired. They did not have our reservations. Yet we had confirmation numbers. They acted like they were doing us a favor finding us rooms, WHEN THEY ARE THE ONES THAT MADE THE MISTAKE! We stayed one night and went to another Hotel.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
3 Thank haywardj77

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed June 16, 2010

I was told my credit card was declined as well as I have read by another viewer they told my family this when we tried to check-in, they had the wrong credit card number and the wrong phone number I do not believe that because I received confirmation. The older lady at the counter was unhelpful and rude while a younger guy attempted to assist my family that had just traveled for hours to get here. I travel very frequent and will NEVER stay here or recommend anyone because it seems as if they dont want certain people money-cash or credit they wouldnt even let us pay cash for their mistake. I truly felt that this was intentional because I wouldnt purchase additional rooms for another unplanned trip by whoever was making the reservations they were rude and got upset when I said I am at work and those are the only rooms that I will be purchasing today and that I needed to end the call. The rude lady at the counter attitude was like oh well declined card your fault well the phone numbers and account numbers were not even close which this tells me this was done intentionally if it were a number or two off then maybe but I dont see it and they said they didnt have anymore rooms for us well it wasnt even check-in time where were the rooms we had reserved? This was so inconvenient for us I want stay here or any of the their sister hotels since they employ people who just figured our card was no good instead of contacting and knowing better.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
3 Thank Angryconsumer2010
CWHSDeborah, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Hot Springs, responded to this review, June 18, 2010
As the new Director of Sales at the Candlewood Suites in Hot Springs, Arkansas, I am saddened to hear about your experience. I can assure you I'll look into this area of concern and bring it to the appropriate parties attention. I would like to speak to you about this issue and try to rectify a solution. I can be reached at the property Monday or Friday. I appreciate your review without it I may not have known about your experience. I look forward to hearing from you.
Deborah Woodward

Travelers are raving about these Hot Springs hotels

MS
Reviewed April 14, 2010

We really enjoyed our stay here! Having the kitchen was a plus and a real money saver. The location is really good, close to everything. And the bonus of late checkout for Priority Club Members is AWESOME! Thanks for making our stay enjoyable.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Little Rock
Reviewed March 1, 2010

I found this to be a wonderful place to stay. The rooms are extremely clean and very comfortable. I spend about five nights a month in the Hot Springs area and I will not stay any place else. The staff is very, very nice and courteous. Their professionalism will not be out done! Come stay a while!!!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank gandmat
Paris, TX
Reviewed February 21, 2010

Typical Candlewood Suites hotel. Great value for location and hotel room type.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
Hot Springs
Reviewed October 26, 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Candlewood Suites in Hot Springs, Ar. in August.
The front desk clerk was extremely helpful & the GM was new but very knowlegable about the city and the hotel , we were so pleased with the room Very nice furnishings, we were able to have our special diet needs meet without eating out every meal during our stay, because of the full kitchen , my husband said he could live there.
We will be Candlewood Suite people from now on.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
little rock
Reviewed March 16, 2009

So i booked my room through Hotels.com on the monday of my trip. When my wife and I arrived on Thursday the lady told us that our credit card had declined and asked me did we have another form of payment. So I paid for the room( 3 night stay). When I called my bank they told me that the initial payment from hotels.com had already been processed and the money had been recieved. The hotel did not route the payment that they "did "recieve from hotels.com. And they tried to charge me about 30.00 more than the initial price i was quoted. The money has not been returned to my credit card and i am extremely frustrated with this particular hotel. The qualifications of the hotel staff seem to be lacking in areas of extreme importance. I also asked one of the housekeepers for a few clean towels and she said to me" I dont know if I have enough for your room and I dont plan on being here all day". Needless to say I did get towels but this by far is the worst experience I have ever had at any hotel. We have a 6 month old son and we have been traveling in the last 2 months back and forth jsut for some basketball tournaments,horseraceing and a little relaxation. Hot Springs,AR as not been too kind to my family and I. Its not just the hotels but its some of the local restaurants as well. If you dont want my money thats fine put a sign up and I will definately not spend it in your establishments. Thank you....

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family