“Run away worst stay ever!!!!!”

Candlewood Suites Hot Springs
Ranked #24 of 45 Hotels in Hot Springs
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Where do I start I booked a non smoking king studio suite. Got smoking, showed her my reservation and it was not able to be changed because they were "full". The room was gross and pull out bed was disgusting!!! I needed an extra blanket for my daughters for their bed, called twice went by the desk on our way out to eat and back and never got a blanket each time was told they were "looking" for one. Could not get extra shampoo or anything else 5$ here 6$ there for a room that was over $200 you get nothing no breakfast poor service and smelly out of date cheap rooms for the money go somewhere else!!! Take my advice I travel all the time go somewhere else!!!

Room Tip: Don't stay here is my advice
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Christi E
CandlewoodSuites3404, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Hot Springs, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Dear Christi E,

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. At Candlewood Suites we always strive to make your stay a pleasant and comfortable one, with a friendly staff. We are terribly sorry that your room was a smoking room instead of a non-smoking that you had reserved. I hope that you will give us a chance in the future to show you how wonderful our hotel truly is. I have taken note of you comments, so that we may apply them and give every guest an enjoyable stay. I apologize again that we fail short of your expectations.

Kimmie

There are newer reviews for Candlewood Suites Hot Springs

Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

I booked through Hotels.com then I reviewed the website and read that if a cheaper rate was found than the one listed on the web page then the first night was first night was free. So I inquired about the offer when I checked in & the kid acted like he didnt know what I was talking about & just dismissed what I tried to explain to him. I also asked about a roll away bed for my daughter he said they no longer had them but I said they should

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Jlmslm
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Hot Springs, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

Dear Jlmslm,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry you received service which was unacceptable. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests, therefore, we are sincerely concerned when we fall short of your expectations. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

I hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Krysllin G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed July 11, 2013

I stayed here for entire week on business. The room included a fully equipped kitchen with a stove, microwave, refrigerator, dish washer, dishes, pots, pans, etc. This helped make the stay feel more like home than another hotel would have. They also have dvds and books available for borrowing as well as a swimming pool and fitness center. There is a small convenience store type room onsite with a variety of snacks and other items available for purchase. It is located quite a way from the historic district but is within walking distance of several restaurants and grocery stores. Its a nice place to stay if you are going to be away from home for a while. There is no restaurant or room service.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Mister H
CandlewoodSuitesHS, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Hot Springs, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2015

Ernest, B

Reviewed June 29, 2013

Me, my son, my daughter and my four year old grandson stayed at Candlewood Suites in Hot Springs, Ar the week of June 24 thru June 28, 2013. We were very pleased in every aspect. The hotel was very clean and very nice. The pool was extremely clean as well as the gazebo area. The staff was the nicest and friendliest staff i've ever dealt with on a vacation. They helped us with tourist attractions, providing a map every single time we asked. They have an onsite small convenient store, open 24 hours. They provided movies to watch, rent free, and even bbq utensils. I really enjoyed our stay and will recommend this hotel to anyone. It is very affordable as well. Thanks to all!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Glynis43
CandlewoodSuites3404, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Hot Springs, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Dear Recent Guest:

Thank you for your awesome review.

We are so pleased that you found both the pool and rooms clean, and our staff accommodating.

We want all of our guests to leave with that experience each and every time they visit.

Thank you so much for your kind words and taking the time to write a review.

We are so appreciate of you! Hope to see you again soon.

Best regards,

Reviewed May 18, 2013

We actually were driving around looking for hotels to stay at and came around this one. We've stayed at few different hotels in Hot Springs and I'd have to say I'd highly recommend this one over the rest. It offers all kind of amenities when you way from home, you can say ,nice home away from home. Clean, spacious room with kitchen that has dishwasher and utensil, WOW!Needless to say, I was pretty estatic to see this since we were travelling with baby who needs bottle clean constantly. The staff was very helpfull and the cleaniness of the entire hotel was immaculate. They also have a little store by the lobby with snacks, ice cream and microwaveable items- really nice to have midnight snack. We would highly recommend to stay here.

Room Tip: Ask for suite rooms
1  Thank Anthony F

Dear WOW Guest:

Thank you for your review.

We appreciate your kind comments and will be sure and pass along to all of the staff.

We can't wait to see you again -- we are looking forward to it!

Thank again for taking your valuable time to submit a review.

Cordially,

Reviewed May 12, 2013

My parents live in Hot Springs and we stay here quite often. My mother was in the hospital and we stayed here and then she passed away a few days after ....her funeral was at noon and we had a 4 hour trip to Hot Springs so I did not want to get dressed for her service and ride that long ....you are not suppose to check-in at 11 am but the staff allowed us to check-in early so that we could dress and also allowed us to use their Gazebo free of charge for eating and gathering with family and friends....I will continue to use this hotel each and every time I go to Hot Springs....this hotel is one of the cleanest hotels I have ever stayed in...If your going to the race track then you are only about 2 minutes from track..If your visiting the bath house you are only about 7-8 minutes from them..Hotel is centrally located to everything Hot Springs has to offer.

Room Tip: first floor is always the best
1  Thank sagre
CandlewoodSuites3404, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Hot Springs, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

Dear Guests:

Thank you for your wonderful review.

We are glad we were able to accomodate your needs, especially during such a difficult time for your family and friends.

We are most appreciative of all of our guests, and that you took the time to even write a review shows that you know we care.

We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Best regards,

Reviewed May 10, 2013

Candlewood Suites was a perfect place to stay. Very clean and friendly staff. Suite was comfortable size with small nicely equipped kitchenette. Location was easy to find and not far from many attractions and restaurants.

1  Thank Brenda H
CandlewoodSuites3404, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Hot Springs, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Hello Recent Guest:

Thank you for writing a review.

Your kind words will be shared with our staff.

We want all of our guests to be comfotable and relaxed.

We are looking forward to seeing you again.

Cordially,