“Felt like home...”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Crowley, Louisiana
“Felt like home...”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Recently on a motorcycle trip to Hot Springs Arkansas, I stayed at the Candlewood Suites Hotel... I made my reservations ahead of time and the staff that helped me was very friendly. Booking was easy fast and painless... Once I arrived at the hotel I could see that it was well taken care of. The desk clerk greeted me with a smile and was very respectful. He showed me where my room was and encouraged me to call him if I needed any assistance or info about the area. My room was already cool as I entered and the room was very clean and had NO odors. I quickly settled in, took a needed warm shower and relaxed in my easy chair. The internet service in the room was great. The bed was very comfortable. I rested well. If I make it back up this way, Candlewood will get my business again. Thank you for a relaxing stay...

Room Tip: Any room would probably be quiet and comfortable if they were anything like my room.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Gerald L
CandlewoodSuites3404, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Hot Springs, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Dear Recent Candlewood Guest:

Our staff is most appreciative that you took your time to write a review.

It is always our desire that our staff is helpful and friendly and that your accomodations are comfortable and relaxing.

We are looking forward to your next visit.

Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Russellville, Arkansas
Reviewed September 24, 2012

This hotel should be ranked number 1. The front desk clerk was friendly and helpful and honored my request for a first floor room. The room was a great size for one person or a couple. It was spotless and smelled great. The internet was wonderful and the TV worked great. Not wanting to drive out for dinner, I asked the front desk clerk for a suggestion of a place that delivered and he gave me a menu for a Chinese place. The food was great. Checkout was equally easy and the desk clerk was equally accommodating. This hotel is in a great location, but is also on a hill away from the main road noise. You can't go wrong staying here.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the entrance are quieter.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank ppwillme1
CandlewoodSuites3404, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Hot Springs, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking your valuable time to post your review.

We are happy that you were pleased with the accomodations and the service you recieved during your recent stay with us.

We appreciate every review.

Our hope is that you will be visiting Hot Springs and Candlewood Suites again in the near future.

Again, thank you.

Candlewood Suites
Hot Springs, Arkansas
Reviewed September 4, 2012

My family had to stay a couple of nights at the Candlewood Suites in Hot Springs due to our home having some water damage. The young lady at the front desk (Bell) was super nice. She was very helpful making our stay a home away from home. We felt like part of a family while we were there. Also, the young lady that checked us out (Hona?) was just as kind and friendly. We just loved our room and we will plan to stay again soon. Thanks so much!

Room Tip: Just tell Bell what you are looking for and she will do her best to get you the room you need.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank rmk_1112
CandlewoodSuites3404, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Hot Springs, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your favorable response to your recent stay a Candlewood Suites in Hot Springs.

We certainly appreciate that you took the time to respond to the survey.

The management team and all employees strive to accomplish guest satisfaction in all areas, and we will make every effort to ensure that we exceed your expectations.

Hopefully, you will be visitng Hot Springs again in the near future and we look forward to seeing you then.

Thanks again.

Nashville TN
Reviewed August 22, 2012

We stay at Candlewood Suites because we have a small dog who likes to travel with us. We have stayed at several Candlewoods with her. I would like to say upon first impressions it was great. Very clean. Staff on night shift very accomadating. The Pool & Social areas were clean at all times. We met 2 other couples & some others who choose to grill. We had a blast & met some good friends. The night shift gentlemen kept the pool opened for us 1 hr later than posted. John the pool guy always had a Good Morning I just had a problem with my trash. I just wanted to empty after 4 days. Read the sign in the room & followed directions could not find can. Went to front desk they did tell me where it was located. Went down again. No Trash can. I guess at that point I could have found a green box. But, once again I went to front desk. At this point they treated me like what r u talking about. I don't want your trash. I asked them to show me where it was.Blonde girl wanted no part of it so other gentlemen showed me where to put it. Walking to it & him not finding a place for my trash "Oh I guess your right" Yes, Point Proven. I'm the customer. Do you really have to tell your guest where the garbage goes? 3 times. Walk with your trash.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank cjhardy2
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Hot Springs, responded to this review, September 8, 2012
Dear cjhardy2,

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your thoughts regarding your experience on your recent stay. I'm happy to hear our convenient location suited your needs. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. However, I'm sorry our hotel did not live up to your expectations and regret you were not satisfied with the service you received from our front desk staff and housekeeping services. I have taken note of your valuable comments and rest assured, these will be used to monitor and improve the quality and services we offer to our guests.

We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHG Care
Longview, Texas, United States
Reviewed July 27, 2012

We checked in on Thursday afternoon and there was a little problem with the room but they fixed it right away and our whole stay was great. Housekeeping swapped out our towels for us daily as we were in and out of the pool and went to the waterpark. We stayed in mid July 2012 and the weather was great as were the staff here at Candlewood. We are going back in 2 weeks for a concert and staying here again!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear Recent Guest:

Thank you for your nice comments concerning Candlewood Suites in Hot Springs.

We appreciate your review and will make every effort to meet and exceed your expectations in the future.

We are looking forward to seeing you again!

Paula Driver, Director of Sales
Byhalia, Mississippi
Reviewed July 26, 2012

My family and I decided to take a quick summer trip before school starts back and chose to make Candlewood our hotel of choice. Upon entering the room, I was not impressed. The room was fairly small for 2 girls, 14 and 11 years old, and mom and dad so I called the front desk and asked if we could be moved to a bigger room and that I didn't mind paying the difference in price if any. At first I thought this may be a problem because they looked pretty booked. The lady at the front desk was extremely nice and said she would check and call me back. Within 15 minutes, we were onto another suite. VERY PLEASED. The room was a nice size, very clean and "homey" feeling. We would definitely stay here again. From the staff who were very nice and accomodating, to the cleanliness of the room, to the on-site 24/7 day convenience store, "The Cupboard", my family and I were extremely pleased and comfortable. And it's also only about 5 miles from Magic Springs which was the purpose for our vacation here.
Thank you Candlewood Staff. I will definitely be returning.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Tami L
CandlewoodSuitesHS, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Hot Springs, responded to this review, October 23, 2015

Ernest, B
The Woodlands, TX
Reviewed July 24, 2012

OK, I must confess that I thought several of the reviews must be exaggerating concerning the air conditioner. How could a major hotel change blow the air conditioning system so badly- right? Well they did. When I walked into the first room I was issued at 9:00pm on a hot summer's day it felt wet and had a very bad odor. I decided immediately that the room must have had water damage and I didn't want my belongings smelling like the room. Called down and was moved to another room which didn't seem to have the same water problem. However, as soon as I opened the door the AC was blaring. I assumed they'd turned it up and went over to adjust. As it turns out there is no "fan" adjustment, only a temperature adjustment on the wall. Well after two days of moving temperatures up or down, I concluded that the air conditioner blew full blast anytime you were in the room and moving about. I would turn it off when I couldn't take the loud blaring sound. Then when the room heated up, I'd turn it back on until it cooled down. To say it is a pain and extremely annoying is an understatement. Room was OK but hall carpets needed a good cleaning. Other than the AC, room was OK and bed comfortable but nothing special and DEFINITELY not worth the AC issues.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Hot Springs, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Dear Texas_Gypsie,

Thank you for staying with us on your recent visit to Hot Springs and for taking the time to write about your recent experience at our hotel. We strive to accommodate all of our guests and their needs and I’m disappointed that we did not meet your expectations. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the air conditioning issue you experienced. With the extreme heat we have seen in the city for some time now, I understand the discomfort this caused you. Again, I do apologize and regret that this impacted your experience at our hotel.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel and replace your bad experience with one that reflects our true standards.

Ferdinand G