“Wonderful Stay”

GreenLeadersSilver level
helena-west helena, ar
“Wonderful Stay”
Reviewed May 12, 2012

I just want to say that I loved every bit of my staty @ the Candlewood Suites in Hot Springs, AR. I'm so glad that myself, well actually my co-worker/boss picked this hotel. I loved all the services that was provided to us. From the minute we arrived on the parking lot, to the last day that we left, i felt so much like being at home. We were here for a conferance. We wound up staying @ this hotel, because the one we usually stay at was completly booked. Another thing that i loved was that the only way housekeeping were to come to your room was by request only. I would love to give a special thanks to Ms Paula, from the time I booked the rooms 3 wks prior to the last day we left, i felt so comfortable with her and her wonderful staff. I love ya'll!!!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank dalina h
CandlewoodSuites3404, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Hot Springs, responded to this review, May 14, 2012
We are so happy to hear that you had such a wonderful stay with us! We enjoyed having you and your co workers with us last week! We look forward to you coming back for your next conference or maybe even for a little vacation! Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a positive review and thank you for choosing to stay with us at Candlewood Suites in Hot Springs!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Webster, Wisconsin
Reviewed March 17, 2012

The room was OK. Had a full size fridge, cooktop, dishwasher. Would be great if you had an extended stay in the area, but kind of overkill for one night! The view was of the typical parking lot with little or no landscaping. There was some type of tournament in the area so the hotel was quite full. Could hear neighbors quite late into the night!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, ihgcare at Candlewood Suites Hot Springs, responded to this review, April 9, 2012
Dear 1gamblergirl,

I was disappointed to read your review following your recent stay with us. While you noted the appointed rooms being positive, I was sorry to hear some aspects did not meet your expectations. I have taken note. Please accept my apology on this issue. We hope your future travel plans will continue to include IHG.

Brenda J.
IHGCare
Missouri
Reviewed February 8, 2012

We stayed here in April of 2011 for the Arkansas Derby and it was perfect. Its about a mile from the track but its an easy walk to avoid all the parking charges that surrond the Arkansas Derby. The place was fairly quiet. I could sometimes hear my neigbors but for the most part was fine. The staff was helpful and got us checked in early. Its near a grocery store(across the street) and a walmart if you wanted to pick up some snacks for your full fridge. Its on the "good side" of Hot Springs as we like to call it. The more updated not as run down side. All and all this is a great Derby hotel.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank tnshsms
CandlewoodSuites3404, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Hot Springs, responded to this review, February 17, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to give a review of our hotel. I'm very glad to hear that you had a nice stay and we hope to see you again this year for the Arkansas Derby!
Poteau, Oklahoma
Reviewed January 29, 2012

Great staff that was friendly and very helpful! The rooms were very clean and they offer a mini store inside the hotel. Very handy...

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Danny C
CandlewoodSuitesHS, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Hot Springs, responded to this review, October 23, 2015

Ernest, B
Director of Sales
Conway, Arkansas, United States
Reviewed January 19, 2012

The room was excellent and at an affordable price. Room comes with dishwasher, stove top, full refrigerator and microwave oven.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Ernest, B
Director of Sales
Mt. enterprise texas
Reviewed November 27, 2011

super clean hotel...you can even smell the cleaniness of this place,,,the rooms are very nice complete with kitchenette which also has dishwasher and icemaker, and full size refridgerator...the frint desk was extremely nice and helpful..the pet deposit is a little expensive but I see why because they have your room professionally cleaned after you leave...If you are going to the horse races you are nearly close enough to walk..would highly recommend this hotel to anyone

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Candlewood3404, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Hot Springs, responded to this review, December 1, 2011
Thankyou so much for your great review of our hotel! We strive to make every guest comfortable and happy with their stay here at the Candlewood Suites. We're very glad that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future!
Houston, Texas
Reviewed November 7, 2011

Based on the reviews I read on Tripadvisor, my husband and I stayed at this hotel during our recent visit to Hot Springs. We were very pleased with our choice. The hotel is conveniently located on one of the main drags in Hot Springs, and is very close to lots of amenities. The hotel itself is very clean and quiet, with lots of space in the rooms and a very nice kitchen area. One pleasant surprise was that the beds were SO comfortable. One of the best hotel mattresses I've ever slept in.

The 2 gals at the front desk were very friendly and helpful, providing me some tourist information and directions to where we wanted to go during our visit.

One of the best things about this hotel is that they accept dogs. I bring my dog with me wherever I can, and Candlewood was very accommodating. There was plenty of space to walk him so he could do his business, and there was even a "dog poop" station which provided plastic bags to pick up his poop and deposit it into a little waste can. Very nice.

The only thing that I would caution visitors about (and this doesn't really have anything to do with the hotel) is to be aware that the driveway entrance sits at the top of a hill, so be careful pulling in and out. Cars will charge over the top of that hill and knock right into you if you don't move fast enough.

I would definitely stay here again. I hope this review is helpful.

Joanne Z.
Houston, Texas

Room Tip: If you have a dog with you, ask to be located in the back towards the pool area. The dog walking are...