“Pleasantly Surprised”

Ranked #28 of 278 Restaurants in Hot Springs
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night
Reviewed January 10, 2014 via mobile

We really enjoyed the seafood here. The view of the lake is very nice also.
It's an older building... Which had me concerned when my husband pulled into the parking lot.
I was very surprised with the quality of the seafood and the prices were very reasonable for the offering.
We definitely plan on returning.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

Our Red Hat group of 16 had lunch here today. We were seated in a private area and had Brittney as our wait person. Orders promptly taken and delivered. Some had the special of grilled tilapia and fried shrimp, the catfish po boy. I had grilled tilapia topped with Lafitte sauce of wine, garlic,lump crab and shrimp. They left out the mushrooms with no problem. VERY good...wee will be back.

Reviewed November 5, 2013

Visited for dinner with friends (party of 4). Previous visits always received the highest rating for this restaurant. On this particular visit the linen napkin at each of our place settings smelled sour, not unlike old grease. we pointed this out to our server who immediately retrieved paper napkins and fresh silverware. Our dinner guests, past restauranteurs, commented that laundering the table linens with cooks' aprons and kitchen rags can transfer this type odor. Hence, the average rating. Food and service were great as usual, but the lingering smell dampened the ambiance and meal.

We will definitely re-visit Cajun Boilers, and hopefully move back to the top rating as it is one of our favorite places to eat.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

Our friends from New Orleans took us here as they needed a taste of home. The food was authentic, the service very friendly and the fish camp porch type atmosphere was fun. I had the shrimp etouffee which was yum,yum, yummy. Portions were large, so half went home for next day's lunch. It was even better. Don't miss this fun spot.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

Ok.. So I am from Louisiana and I ordered the FRIED food at a place called Cajun BOILERS... but still I expect more. The fried shrimp was at least as good as you can get at your high school cafeteria, but not nearly as good as at Popeye's. Fried Crawfish was shameful... tough and tasteless. Ambience is good, but I can get that on my own porch. I really expect a "Cajun Boilers" to be at least a little authentic. Sorry but this was a disappointment, and I won't be going back to see if they do better with the boiled stuff.