“Recent Stay”

Baymont Inn & Suites Hot Springs
Ranked #10 of 45 Hotels in Hot Springs
Reviewed October 19, 2011

I recently stayed at this hotel on business. I stay at a lot of hotels and this one was top notch. The employees at the front desk staff were very courteous. Next morning the ladies in the hall preparing for cleaning other rooms said good morning and wished me a nice day. In my business I travel a lot and a simple friendly smile goes a long way with me. Thanks to the fine folks at this hotel. I will definitely be staying here on every trip back to Hot Springs.

Matt F.
US Bank Regional Acct Manager

Room Tip: If you are looking for a great view and a King bed is all you need, ask for room with balcony lookin...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank sushiforushi

Reviewed September 6, 2011

First Id like to say don't always believe a negative review, because I did, and it cost us a beautiful view and a great night on our first night in Hot Springs.This Hotel and the people are some of the friendliest people Ive ever met.As a Texan that says alot. Now, this hotel sets right on lake Hamilton and the View is amazing. If you are a family looking to stay at a clean,neat,budget friendly,Family friendly Hotel with access to Restaurants of any kind, stores in case you left something at home and central to places you can canoe, jet ski, Fish,boat,swim, just have fun, this is the place to stay.Now if your looking for upscale w room service, restuarant in the hotel, A breakfast buffet with all the bells and whistles this wont work for you. The rooms are spacious and if you book early enough you can have a balcony view of lake Hamilton. They do have a breakfast buffet that will satisfy your hunger.The pool is located about 25 feet from lake again awsome view, my only bummer which was very minor is you can fish off the pier off the dock right at the hotel though the weekend we were there not much was bitting though again way to many places to fish very close.Our saty was great And Hot Springs is one beautiful place, The Staff at this hotel was very friendly and accomadating with directions and thiings to do. We will be back

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank Shane W
Reviewed August 7, 2011

Please be advised to not leave anything of value in your room. House keeping will claim they never seen it. I will not be staying at this hotel ever again. Sorry to post a bad review..but I would like other customers to be aware if they plan to stay at the Baymont in Hot Springs Arkansas.

• Stayed: August 2011
5  Thank classified2
Reviewed August 4, 2011

I am a single Dad with three kids and once again we found the Baymont very clean and comfortable. We have stayed there numerous times over the last couple of years and the hotel along with its entire staff is always at its best. We love that the hotel is on the lake, beautiful views. The price is very reasonable for all we get. The hotel is quiet and restful,,and with the high temps outside {105}, our room was nice and cold..

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank kozi777
Reviewed June 18, 2011

3 Wonderful days. Very Clean, Friendly, Beautiful View. I would give this hotel 10 Stars. Will Be back Soon...The Frenchs Star city, AR.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Sunshine55745
Reviewed May 31, 2011

This hotel is very clean and looks really new. Everything was so nice, it included free continental breakfast, and the staff was fabulous! I have nothing bad to say about our stay.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kristolbrock
Reviewed March 22, 2011

I will try and keep this short and to the point. The reality is, after reading reviews on here and seeing pictures of a lake-I anticipated staying close to a lake in a somewhat serene environment and having a little mini-vacation in the middle of my 3 week vacation...

I called on the day of my arrival-asked if I could check in early-the lake was mention and I was offered a free-upgrade to a lakeview by Mandy. I was very pleased-I had recently just tried out a few Baymont Inn and Suites and assumed this was because they noticed I was frequenting their chain. I guess this was Naive of me. I was allowed to check in early-and also got the lake view room as promised. I was very happy...at first.

The room was a bit lacking, not terrible, but not great. The gap beneath the door was very pronounced-and frankly it's the most uncomfortable room I have stayed in because of that and all the noise in the hall/adjacent room. Oh, and one of the members of the cleaning staff tried to come into my room a little while after my arrival...but I assume this was just an oversight???

Anyway, the lakeview thing was a little nice-but the location kind of stinks in two ways-first off they are in the corner of a lake with neighbors so close it doesn't make for anything scenic-I definitely was taken aback because some photos I saw must have been misleading... That said-I was upgraded for free, and at least there was a balcony. I also don't like how you access the parking lot from the main road-traffice moves pretty fast and I felt like the sharp turn that ultimately leads you down a steep hill was just a little scary. I don't know, perhaps this was just me-after all it was a busy day with the racetrack down the street and the traffic...something about this location just made me less than happy...and that was before I checked out where the real issue lies.

I only stayed one night-as planned-but on checkout THE RATE WAS $40 MORE THAN QUOTED ONLINE!!! I nearly freaked out when Mandy (same lady as the day before) told me. Keeping calm I said-something is very wrong-this is way off. She immediately mentioned a movie-which I didn't watch-so she said she would remove this right away-as she said it's real easy to accidentally order one. This brought the bill down by around $15 to I think I $128 or so. I told her it was still way off-to which she seemed like she was put off by. I told her I would get a printout which I could find online. She then reduced the bill again-while looking at me with contempt even though I am sure she knew this was a bit of a game or at the very least a huge mistake on her part. The bill dropped to about $10-12 more than I have quoted at $92.76 with applicable taxes. She said something to the affect that this is what the bill is. She was, as I read it, kind of final about it...like there will be no-more "discounts". I told her I was going to get my laptop and outside I went. I wanted to pay her (and all the other staff around watching this) and be done with this place-but I still wasn't rude-now I was a bit upset-but rightfully so-it seems like they were trying to wear me down to make extra money off me...If you were hear you would have felt the same way I can promise you-it was very uncomfortable. Sure enough, I got my laptop-walked pass the front desk and said I will be in the breakfast room finding what I needed to (the email confirmation which was sent-which in retrospect I am not sure I could have found at that moment had I needed to because I would have had to go through a ton of email). Anyway, over walks one of the housekeepers-saying it's fixed. I quickly made my way over-paid the bill-which may have actually been a little less than I was quoted-paid it, took my receipt, and got my stuff and left.

THIS WAS THE WORSE EXPERIENCE I HAVE HAD IN ALL MY YEARS OF DEALING WITH HOTEL STAFF!!! Whether this was an off day for Mandy, I just don't know, but she didn't deal with well in my opinion. The manager who was there (I assume he was the mgr by how he was dressed) didn't offer any help and the whole thing was super uncomfortable...and really put a damper on my vacation for a good day or two. I hate having to confront someone, but on the other hand it was over $40 more and after the first few reductions I knew this was a principle thing. Well that and I just am not rich. I am however someone who travels whenever I can and frankly I will not even go back to the Town of Hot Springs after this...The hotel, the staff and the experience in general really left me with a very foul taste. I can't help but suggest other people avoid this property-but if you do go-make sure you bring your printout or screen shot of the final anticipated costs... Oh and don't expect to be in some serene environment-although I guess that people may feel differently about the surroundings and hotel.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo