“enjoyable experience”

Ranked #4 of 273 Restaurants in Hot Springs
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Family owned and operated since 1940, and serving breakfast exclusively, including pancakes, omelets, home-made sausage, hickory-smoked ham, French Toast, and fresh-squeezed orange juice, among other offerings. Featured in The New York Times , Southern Living, and Food Network Magazine. Historic Downtown Hot Springs, Arkansas.
Lafayette, Louisiana
“enjoyable experience”
Reviewed April 30, 2014

This is right across the street from Arlington Hotel. Very good breakfast. Everything is homemade – even the sausage patties (they were about the size of your palm and nicely seasoned). The pancakes had a good flavor. We didn’t have to wait very long to get our meals. Careful on the weekend as there is a pretty decent sized wait.

• Visited April 2014

Cypress, Texas
“Wonderful Friendly and Worth the wait. ”
Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

We had breakfast here all three mornings. Wonderful food fantastic staff and hard working owners. Coffee was perfect and always a full cup. Blueberry Pancakes and ham steak. French Toast yum. Don't miss it if you are in Hot Springs.

Springfield, Missouri
“Good, but is it worth the wait?”
Reviewed April 2, 2014

On a Sunday morning after a Saturday at Oaklawn, I did not expect a big long wait for breakfast here, especially at 10am. But I was certainly wrong. This place is not huge by any stretch, but people flock here for their food.

We waited something along the lines of an hour for our 9 member party. I know that's a lot to work with, but they seated us at separate tables, one at the front of the building, the other at the very back.

The service was great and our coffee cups were never half empty and the coffee was good and fresh. I'll brag a lot on their sausage as well. They use bulk sausage, so you get a hand patted patty, not a carbon copy hockey puck. And it was really good sausage!

As for the pancakes, I had the buckwheat that everyone was raving about. While they were big and were tasty, they were not something I would write home about.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed breakfast there, but I don't think I would go back unless there were no more than 4 of us and I did not have to wait so long. Maybe they need to expand, but that's difficult in the building they are in.

Visited March 2014
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Great breakfast eatery. ”
Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

We've been visiting The Pancake House for 20 years. Great place to start your day. Buckwheat pancakes are very good. Eggs prepared perfectly. Good coffee. Very friendly service.

1 Thank David M
Avinger, Texas
“great small breakfast eatery”
Reviewed March 25, 2014

Great little breakfast cafe in downtown Hot Springs. Our group of 4 went by the place on a Sunday about noon. People were standing outside the place to wait in line. We had already eaten breakfast, but decided to try it Monday morning. This place only serves breakfast until 12:30 I do believe and I found out has been in that area for decades. We couldn't believe how busy they were on Monday. We got there around 9:00 a.m. Didn't take long to be seated though. They have a very simple menu, omelets, eggs and of course pancakes. I had eggs, bacon and english muffins, very good. I saw the omelets, they were huge and looked yummy. My husband and sister-in-law ordered blueberry pancakes. Needless to say I had to have a taste, they were wonderful. Just a good all around American breakfast. Everyone was very polite and the place was extremely clean and it is the best food bargain in town. Will return when in Hot Springs.

• Visited March 2014