“Who Knew Learning Could Be This Much Fun?”

Gangster Museum of America
Pine Bluff, Arkansas
“Who Knew Learning Could Be This Much Fun?”
Reviewed July 10, 2010

My friends and I absolutely LOVED this place! Lots of great videos and lots of pictures of real-life gangsters were available, and there were many displays of actual gangster and gambling artifacts. I never realized that Hot Springs was a playground for notorious gangsters, but our tour guide gave us lots of trivia that educated us about the city's past. We were greeted by friendly, knowledgeable people when we entered, and that great experience continued throughout the time spent there. Great experience for everyone.

Pine Bluff, Arkansas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Boring”
Reviewed June 4, 2010

The information in this museum was amazing and totally interesting but the tour was unbelivably long and boring there was a tour guide who wasn't very friendly or energetic. Her whole tour consisted of telling you everything the video would soon repeat. The format was awful!! I would not reccomed this place at all.

1 Thank Emily_Joy71603
hot springs
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Don't Recommend it if you have young children.”
Reviewed May 7, 2010

First off I am a resident of Hot Springs, AR. Myself and a friend decided to check it out and to bring my son ( 21 months). To start the "tour guide" almost left half of the group in the gift shop because he neglected to let us know it was starting. Then after we catch up with the group he was starting a video and my son started talking to me. Not screaming, not being bad just talking and tapping his foot. The "tour guide" started shhhing him. As we moved on he began drawing more attention to my son and had asked me to keep him quieter. When we got to the third room he told me that if I couldn't do BETTER at controlling my child I would have to leave. I decided to pick my child out of the stroller and hold him to BETTER control him. At the end of that he walked over GRABBED my son by the arm and said we needed to leave because this behavior was distracting to the other people.
I found the whole thing ridiculous, my son was not acting up in any form just talking. He blew the situation out of proportion and acted a fool. In the end I saw half of the museum and got no refund and that 'Tour Guide" put his hands on my child, so overall I recommend this place to no one with a child under 5 and told the owner he should list children not allowed if a very mild toddler was too much.

2 Thank brookiebabie10
Little Rock, Arkansas
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Very unprofessionally managed”
Reviewed March 5, 2010

We toured this location in Feb. 2010 as part of a group celebration. The owner was very unprofessional and was inebriated during our function. He did not allow the entire group to tour the museum once he received his money for our event. The large group, after paying our admittance for an after hours tour were basically told to leave when the owner achieved a totally drunken state. This is not how you run a business & hope to bring new visitors to your city.

2 Thank Roitz
Combine, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Not worth your money or time”
Reviewed February 22, 2010

Visited this place while on our anniversay gettaway weekend. The place sounded cool.. but then when we got there... it was the most boring tour and waste of time and money. All this place consists of is a lot of pictures hanging on the wall and lots of videos to watch (while standing- no place provided to sit and watch until you get to the end). I guess we expected a little more out of this place... maybe more to look at that just some old pictures and videos made by the owner.

1 Thank mppounds