“Interesting Topic, Poor Quality "Museum"”

Gangster Museum of America
Alexandria, Louisiana
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Interesting Topic, Poor Quality "Museum"”
Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

We read the reviews on Trip Advisor, but still went anyway. We should have listened to the reviews!! $24 and 35 minutes later, I was left unimpressed. The six rooms you travel through on your "guided tour" were small and sparse when it came to actual artifacts - mostly news clippings and then some furniture and decor. You aren't given but a few moments to actually look at the clippings either. Our guide escorted us from room to room, giving us a brief overview (2-3 minutes) of the theme of each room. We then watched a video (3-4 minutes) which basically repeated everything our guide just said. I realized quickly that the video time would be better utilized trying to briefly scan the clippings on the walls. Overall, I was disappointed. Such an interesting topic was actually almost boring!! I'd encourage others to consider saving their money for other attractions. I'm glad to say I've at least seen the museum, but I will definitely not be going back.

2 Thank MrsJessicaRae

DeRidder, Louisiana, United States
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“It was ok”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Filled with lots of interesting facts that I had no idea about before. I didn't like the tour was to stand in a room and watch a tv snip.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Candis C
Bridgend, Wales, United Kingdom
493 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 330 helpful votes
“Unusual method of presentation”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

We arrived just as the tour was leaving - odd way to present things - very short chat by the tour guide - a TV snippet - not much time to read/examine the exhibits - then rushed on to the next room. And a bit expensive. Learnt a little - but definetly not one of those places we would visit again.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank Richard T
Hot Springs, Arkansas
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“It was Ok”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

We went there with family to see some history about Hot Springs. Way over priced. They didn't have anything except videos and pictures on the wall. The part that I enjoyed the most was the end. the end video is really neat and for free we got our picture taken with "al capone" and his gun. But in order to see his famous car we had to go to the arlington hotel.

Visited January 2013
Denton, Texas, United States
64 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 74 helpful votes
“Real Gangster not Gangstas”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This tour was great and the history is fascinating. The guides in the museum were excellent. I thought I knew about Hot Springs history. I did not even come close. I liked the exhibits as well as the video shown in each exhibit room. The tour guides knew the history well and were very helpful

Visited December 2012