“Fantastic”
Review of Salty Oyster Grill - CLOSED

Salty Oyster Grill
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed May 14, 2011

Based on the reviews from tripadvisor, my family and myself decided to try "Grandpa's Catfish House". We absolutely loved it. Great service and excellent food. The lemon pepper grilled catfish literally melted in your mouth. 6 stars!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed May 8, 2011

Wonderful fresh catfish and hushpuppies at a reasonable price. Can't beat it.

Reviewed April 26, 2011

We went here based on previous reviews. We were not disappointed. Catfish was good and the fried green tomatoes excellent. Our plates were empty when we left which, considering portion size, was an accomplishment. Get the fried pie with ice cream.

Reviewed April 11, 2011

Best catfish I have had. And the service was wonderful. We had a great time.

Reviewed March 28, 2011

Grampa's is not located in the busy part of Hot Springs but in a strip mall a short drive away. We made a late afternoon stop and are glad we did. I ordered the regular catfish dinner my wife shrimp. The complimentary cole slaw and pickles started things off right. The hushpuppies served with the catfish were the best I had on this trip moist and delicious. A side of pinto beans was luke warm rather than hot but the excellence of the catfish more than made up for it. My wife is a Minnesota freshwater fish snob (walleye=good-catfish =trash) but she even admitted the sample of catfish i convinced her to try was good. She said her shrimp was also good. We seldom have dessert but ordered a fried pie (blackberry) with a scoop of ice cream and it was a perfect ending to a great meal. Service was prompt and friendly. We both enjoyed the meals and would recommend you make the short drive and see for your self.