“I got my money's worth”

Ranked #7 of 45 Hotels in Hot Springs
south arkansas
“I got my money's worth”
Reviewed October 14, 2011

I booked the standard suite for the weekend because I wanted a full kitchen and could not find another hotel that had one. The kitchen had everything I needed to prepare meals (minus the food of course). It even had a dishwasher. This came in handy because the complimentary breakfast was not great. There was no coffee the first morning we were there. The orange juice was mostly water, and some of the menu items made no sense.

The biggest problem we encountered was that the elevators were overcrowded and slow due to the fact that the cleaning staff used them to transport carts from floor to floor. Luckily we were on the second floor and could conveniently use the stairs.

The suite itself was quiet and cozy with a beautiful lake view from both rooms. There was a small sitting area with a TV and DVD player and then another TV in the bedroom. The bed was very comfortable, and the bathroom was full size and handicap accessible.

Other than the breakfast and the elevator I feel that , for the price we paid, I got my money's worth and would very likely stay there again.

1 Thank singlebelle

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Shawnee, Oklahoma
Reviewed October 10, 2011

We stayed for a long weekend and it was wonderful! 1 BR suite with full-size fridge and dishwasher, microwave, and 2 burner stove (not that we cooked). 2 bar stools at granite bar counter top. Sofa and side chair. Desk and decent chair. HDTVs in living area and in bedroom. 2 double beds (yes, be sure you're aware that these are double--not queen size). Nice vanity and the best showerhead I've had in a hotel. Very quiet. Yes, it's away from the "main" areas but that is what makes it so great. Easy access to everything. Beautiful view of lake.

Fantastic home theater room with projector TV and about a 10-12 ft screen. Saturday was non-stop football--OU, LSU, and AR. Room has large black reclining chairs too.

Breakfast is nice. Can get a bit crowded on the weekend but some people were using the patio outside as the weather was wonderful.

Pool and hot tub were used by others but appeared to be nice and clean. There is a free (yes, free) guest laundry.

Good WiFi connections in room.

The hair dryer is wimpy. I'm glad I don't have long hair as it would have taken forever to dry.

There are 2 ways to get to the hotel from the busy highway. One is to use the left-turn lane and drive between this hotel and the Days Inn. At the stop sign, turn right. The other is to simply take your chances and turn in at the next street which runs in the front of the hotel.

We recommend Fisherman's Wharf for eating. Very close and good food.

2 Thank PhDNana
Wetumpka AL
Reviewed October 5, 2011

For the same price we'd had just paid for a sub-par room the night before, we got a very lovely suite at this Staybridge that included a separate living area, fully stocked kitchenette, and a very comfy bed! The staff was very friendly, and the breakfast was well-stocked and tasty. Three nights a week a supper is provided (like tacos, hamburgers, or pizza), and there is also a home theater room, which we didn't use but sounds pretty cool! My only complaint is that we were there for only one night. I was ready to move in permanently!

1 Thank Heart-of-Dixie
Reviewed October 3, 2011

We recently checked in and are staying here currently. The front desk staff welcomed us with a warm heart and I couldn't ask for a better view to enjoy in such a wonderful room. The room over looks lake Hamilton and it's amazing watching the waves reflect the sun. I am a priority club rewards member and upon arrival, without need to even ask, I was given a complimentary upgrade by Casey. Excellent choice. I completely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2011
1 Thank Missippitravls
Gladewater, Texas
Reviewed September 30, 2011

We stayed 3 days, 2 nights September 25 and 26, 2011. The hotel is past the last bridge over Lake Hamilton. It is located going out of town. The road begins to narrow and there is no turn lane.We turned our blinker on well before the turn, but almost got rear ended twice.
The hotel is nice and for the most part, clean. The hall on the 2nd floor needed vacumning. It wasn't vacumned our entire stay. There was a half eaten bagel, on the fire extingisher, right outside our door. It took 2 days before they removed it, after we informed them. It was quiet and restful. The staff was friendly. But, like i said, it is way out from
the attractions, in Hot Springs, so be prepared to do alot of driving.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Martha S
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed September 29, 2011

My sisters and I traveled to Hot Springs for some special time together. We chose Staybridge because they had two bedroom, 2 bath suites (the cherry wood (my favorite) furniture was very nice), which accommodated all of us. The view of Lake Hamilton and the surrounding area was beautiful. Breakfast was great - we spent hours on the patio eating and talking about old times. There was a Bikers Convention while we were there - met some realy nice people. I also liked the theater - we brought our own DVDs. The amenities and service was fantastic. The hotel personnel was eager to provide assistance to ensure you were comfortable. I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank phairl
San Antonio, TX
Reviewed September 27, 2011

We enjoyed our stay here -- had a lovely lakeview from our room. It is a beautiful setting, although not convenient to local attractions in the central part of Hot Springs, AR. If you're doing the tourist attractions away from the lake, this could be inconvenient. Very clean property; included breakfast just so-so, although I must compliment the staffing, which was very prompt, courteous and helpful. Our "suite" included a kitchen and had a very residential feel. Very comfortable accommodations but "industry standard."

Room Tip: Request a lakeview; otherwise you are facing an uninspired central courtyard or the parking lot.