“Good food”

Giovani' pizza
Ranked #8 of 15 Restaurants in Elverson
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed December 21, 2013 via mobile

My mom and I pass this place often so we decided to go. Ordered the taco personal pizza and split it. Was delicious. A little soggy though on the bottom but good flavor. Price is fair, for two fountains, two side salads, and the 10 inch pizza it was just over $20.

Reviewed December 11, 2013

This past weekend my husband and I ordered from Giovani's for the first time (we just moved to the neighborhood) The woman who took the order said 30 minutes. I arrived 30 minutes later. Stood at the cashier desk for 5 minutes before anyone came out of the kitchen. As I looked through the window trying to get someone's attention they were goofing off. Finally, someone came out and I paid for my order. I did not get my food until 15 minutes after arriving. When we returned home our order was wrong. I called the restaurant to express my disappointment. The woman relied, "sorry about that... please try us again" Um, I dont think so. HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE!

Reviewed October 12, 2013

Italy has worldwide one of the most high-standing culinary. But this local is a real shame for Italy.
The restaurant has about a dozen tables and when we arrived yesterday evening, half of which was occupied. On the other tables had not been cleared because there was only one waitress. After about 20 minutes appeared Giovanni, the host. With a stone mine, he walked past the tables, without even saying good evening to someone. More than 3 times he ran past all the guests, until he sat down to a guy who wanted to sell him something. After another 15 minutes, he finally helped his overworked waitress to clear the tables. Meanwhile we got our food. The Chicken Marsala was swimming in an aqueous broth, very similar to a dishwater. Marsala is a seaport-city in Sicily and not a single drop of the Marsala-Wine was in this dish. The spaghetti was served totally overcooked and unseasoned tomato sauce came out of the can. A small pinch of salt and the dish was ready to serve. It seems that it still has in this kitchen less spices than in a hospital kitchen.
The waitress promised me expressly Thin Crust Pizza. What I got was a super thick dough-pancake, coated with an unseasoned tomato sauce. On top a little ham and cheese. Neither any oregano nor another spice. The most tasteless pizza in my life and 95% of them consisted of dough. After a few bites, my wife and I have put away the silverware. Giovanni was still busy with cleaning and uncovering of the tables. Countless times he ran past the tables and couldn’t overlook our still full plates. It didn’t interest him, why we didn’t eat his grub. We also said to the waitress, that this food is inedible for us. Nothing happens. If Sig. Giovanni still has an Italian passport, it must be taken from him.

Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

Great good in an unpretentious place. Pasta is first rate and well priced. Monday nights are all you can eat spaghetti too!

Reviewed June 4, 2013

We'd never even heard of Elverson when we began a quick Google search from the car to find a place to eat while headed toward Philadelphia, but were delighted to find Giovanni's (not "Giovani'," as the TripAdvisor title erroneously spells it). Tiny, historic Elverson is fortunate to have good Italian food in its heart. This is a very casual, informal place, but the food is delicious in an old-fashioned, "checkered tablecloth" way. Moreover, they make a phenomenal version of that Philadelphia-meets-Sicily classic, the Stromboli, which is similar to a calzone but with mozzarella instead of ricotta cheese. The preposterously large "Italian" salad, which includes olives, pickled vegetables, and other treats is also well worth having (and can easily serve three people). The servers were super-friendly, even though we were in a small town and they'd never seen us before. Places like this earn repeat business; we'll be back if we're ever in the area again!

Been to Giovani' pizza? Share your experiences!