“Clean but not much else”

Quality Inn Chillicothe
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Chillicothe
Reviewed April 20, 2013

The 2 main places to stay in Chillicothe are the Holiday Inn and Hampton inn which both seem fairly nice for the area. However, those places seem to get booked up quickly. If you're in a pinch this would seem to be the safe alternative. Fair rates and room was kept very clean by maid. Bed was comfortable.

However the hotel is woefully outdated including the room. Very outdated bathroom and furniture. No elevator so have to carry luggage up steps. Towels are thin and apparently limited. No fitness center (what hotel these days does not have one?)

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jason M

Reviewed January 1, 2013

here on business for 4 days and stay was ok. Staff was pleasant and rooms were old but clean and quiet. Breakfast was average but plenty of it. The attached bar seemed to have some local drunks and not many guest. Overall I would recomend this hotel for a stop over.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 30, 2012

We stayed at the Comfort Inn while in the area visiting the family for the Circleville pumpkin show. The hotel is worn but comfortable for a weekend stay. When we arrived, there had been an accident in the area and the entire area was blacked out. The staff at the hotel was accomodating and were able to get us into our room after a long drive (electric keys did not work).

The hotel is located in a good area with stores and restaurants near by. It has easy access on and off the freeway.

We were diaappointed since we thought that there was a breakfast included at the hotel. They have coffee in the morning but that is it.

The room and bed were comfortable with a lot of pillows to choose from in the room. The bathroom was worn but worked for getting around. There was also a fridge in our room which was nice to keep our drinks in. The only issue (besides the blackout) that we had was that the water temperature in the shower was all over the place. We get up early in the morning but this did not matter. The temperature would go from your setting to real cold and then back again. It woke you up but was uncomfortable first thing in the morning.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank AFD22
Reviewed October 21, 2012

I was surprised that a Comfort Inn would have stained carpets, furniture and bedspread. The overall cleanliness was good but the stains were disconcerting. The location of the hotel to highways and attractions is good. However, I don't think I will stay at another Comfort Inn.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We were going to be in the area and I made reservations at this Comfort Inn. The first opinion was of the desk clerk. She was very gruff and not friendly at all. My reservation was for a king bed room. We were informed that the only one was on the 2nd floor and they have no elevator. My husband is disabled and can't do steps very well. So, we had to take a double on the first floor. The back parking lot needed more lighting. I was a little concerned with the people standing around from the bar. The room was small and cramped. It was clean, but that and the 4 pillows on each bed was the only positives I had. We didn't go to breakfast so I can't say anything about it. For the price, I was expecting a little more then we got. I wouldn't spend the money for this motel if we are ever up there again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Hotel was nice and had an attached restaurant / bar. The breakfast was incredible with a large selection. The entrance to the hotel was difficult to find. I would recommend to anyone on business or pleasure.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
John W, General Manager at Quality Inn Chillicothe, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2012

Thank you for your kind words!

We take pride our new breakfast area and are glad that you enjoyed it. More changes are coming and we hope you enjoy those just as much.

Reviewed August 10, 2012

I want to start by saying that the front desk staff (especially mary ann) and the ladies that run the breakfast area have always been so friendly and attentive to customers needs. That is the main reason why I continue to book with this comfort inn instead of the other several close hotels... HOWEVER this last stay left a bad taste in my mouth. I am usually not one to complain AT ALL but I do so this time bc I truly want to see this establishment excel and not get lost in the shuffle with the other hotels.

At breakfast one morning I heard several other guest complaining about the cleanliness,well the lack of, their rooms. I thought "hmmm that can't be right I have never had a problem....they must be nit pickers!" But unfortunately I have to agree with them. I stay here a lot...A LOT. This time my stay was more of an extended stay vs a "drop by" and I guess that I actually had time to notice and pay attention to more things.

My bed was only made once....1 time in over a week stay! Maybe they consider flipping the sheets down bed service but my pillows weren't even straightened out. I even try to keep my room clean like it is my house so that housekeeping doesn't have to pick up after me. Dare I even think if the sheets were ever changed prior to me checking in now. They even have those "green program" cards you are to place on the bed so that they don't change sheets. I purposely did not place it on my bed so that the sheets would be changed and they never were and I know that bc my bed was never made. So by the 3rd day I started to experiment by leaving lil things around the room to see if areas we ever cleaned or touched. I think that the whole hotel is just in need of a good renovation. Soooooooo

1. Bed never made nor sheets ever changed
2. Carpet never swept (now come to think of it I have never even heard a vacuum run and I am there during several diff times during the day and night)
3. No surface ever dusted.
4. Bathroom floor never swept
5. Shower never cleaned
6. Lamp and coffee maker never worked even with a note left for housekeeping.
7. Cups or ice bags never replaced.
8. Musty/smokey smell in the run and when brought to their attention they just sprayed the room/halls with aerosol spray.
9. Key card swipes on the outside doors are not working...so any person and their brother can just walk right in. I am a very confident person in defending myself and this still makes me uneasy to the point to where I am cautiously walking in always looking over my shoulder.
10. Window was unlocked and hard to secure. Can also hear everything outside due to poor insulation around the windows.

Again the only reason I write this is in hopes of the right people seeing it to correct these problems. I truly love the overall experience and individual attention received, I just want to make sure that these small, easy to fix problems don't affect the future business. It's like the old saying "I hope a few bad apples don't ruin the whole bushel".

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

I'm glad you enjoyed the service at the front desk and most of the facilities of the hotels. I have passed on your praise to Marianne and she was glad to have hear of it.

I'm terribly sorry about the circumstance of your stay. There is no excuse for a lack of housekeeping service and corrective actions have been taken. We've also taken proactive measures such as having some outside vendors put on training classes reinforcing those tasks housekeepers should be performing each day .

Thank you very much for your feedback.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Chillicothe
Christopher Inn & Suites
Americas Best Value Inn Chillicothe
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#2 of 4 in Circleville

Been to Quality Inn Chillicothe? Share your experiences!