“Always good”

Steak 'n Shake
Ranked #72 of 86 Restaurants in Chillicothe
Cuisines: American, Fast Food
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Cincinnati, OH
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Always good”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

The food is always fresh and hot and the employees are friendly. It's always worth the wait when I hit the drive-thru.

Visited April 2012

Greensboro, NC
“Longest wait and worst service ever”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

We arrived at about 1:30 in the afternoon on a weekday, not particularly what you would call the lunch rush time. The place was maybe 1/2 full. It took close to ten minutes after we were seated before anyone paid us any attention and then it was just for drinks even though we were ready to order food. When we finally got to order we settled down for what was to be a herculean effort to even stay in the place while we waited for our lunch. People who had arrived after us got their food and were half done eating before we got ours. The coffee was the worst I have ever had and when I told the server it was not drinkable and that I wanted an ice tea instead he got me the ice tea but obviously did not care about the bad coffee and did not even take it away. Our food was not as ordered and I never did get the jalapenos that I ordered for my chili. There was cheese on my burger even though I specifically told them I could not eat cheese. My wife's meal did not taste fresh at all. When someone else stopped and asked if we needed anything, I said yes, we needed the manager. The manager realized how bad it was and our lunch was no charge plus he gave us a coupon for two free lunches on a future visit. I told him that I would never subject myself to a future visit even though it would be free. All total, we spent over an hour and a half in that place which is WAyyyy longer than it should ever take in a Steak 'n Shake!

• Visited November 2012