“Growing pains”

Hana Japanese Steakhouse
Ranked #21 of 94 Restaurants in Chillicothe
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed February 9, 2013

I'm not exactly sure of the date, but when I visited this newly opened restaurant, we chose to dine at the hibachi grill. The ambiance was nice, the staff very friendly, but the air conditioning was not working and we were miserably hot. There were no chop sticks and when I asked for them, the waitress just nodded and smiled...and I didn't get my chop sticks. I ordered lobster and it was overcooked and salted so heavily that I could not eat it. Very disappointing visit. I can tell you that I gave it another chance just a month ago. I skipped the hibachi and sat in the restaurant and ordered the pad thai. It wasn't anything special, but still good and the wait staff was friendly and attentive. Definitely an improvement.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

Food here is good and of course the experience is fun having your food cooked for you at the table. The only thing I would say on the negative side is that since it is quite a popular place, you can end up waiting a significant amount of time to get seated.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

Decided to eat here as it was near the hotel we were staying at. We were greeted at the door and immediately taken to a booth we requested. Waitress was prompt in greeting us and taking our order. We shared a volcano roll and a rainbow roll. Both were excellent and the presentation was very attractive. Loved the orange sculpture! We also ordered the veg tempura which was delicious, especially because the batter was so light. This came with soup, salad and rice. Loved the ginger dressing and soup was delicious. Generous quanity of rice and vegetables. Ordered green tea which was good and very hot. Waitress returned often to check on us and provide refills. Nice atmosphere. They also have hibachi dining if you prefer. We felt that our meal was excellent and reasonably priced. We will look forward to being able to come here again in future travels to Chillicothe, Ohio.

1  Thank loverofcats22
Reviewed December 12, 2012

My husband took me here for my birthday. We had been to the Japanese Steakhouse in Columbus, Oh and really liked it so we decided to try this one as it is closer to our home. Walking in the smells were wonderful! We were asked if we wanted a table or if we wanted to sit grill side, I said grill side, as the chefs in Columbus were so entertaining while they cook your food. As we were taken to our grill, there were FAR too many seats around the small grill. You had no room to even move your elbows!! So I told our hostess we changed our mind, and would prefer a booth. The food was wonderful, our server was very nice and attentive, and I got a free dessert for my birthday. Overall a good experience, but they should consider not trying to seat so many people around the grill, unless it is a large party that is all together. Most people don't want to touch the stranger next to them while trying to dine!

1  Thank Nanaotwo
Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

This place is very good! The food is excellent. I always get hibachi. It's definitely enough to fill you up for 2 days! The salad and soup are amazing, too! The service is okay. Sometimes it takes forever because they wait to fill up the seats before they start cooking, but other than that it's very fun to watch!