“Chillicothe Gem”

Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Chillicothe
Richmond, Virginia
“Chillicothe Gem”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

This hotel is a hidden gem. In a morass of fast food restaurants and midscale motels, it provides a welcome bit of luxury and peace for a (quite) reasonable price. Everything looks well kept and maintained. There are a couple of charming seating areas where two halls come together, perfect place to wait for a spouse, partner or friend who is a bit slow getting his/her act together in the morning.

I'm picky and proud of it! Luxury hotels that are not well maintained get poor reviews from me. This hotel is one of only three, but the beds are wonderful, the soap, shower gel, etc are top of the line, and the staff is friendly and very conscientious about seeing to the comfort of the guest.

My ONLY criticism is that the complimentary breakfast needs improvement to reach the standard the rest of the place sets. Since we plan on coming back as often as we travel to St. Louis, I hope they look into a few simple improvements.

Oh, and hidden behind the car dealer which is next to the hotel is a wonderful park/grove called Millennium Grove. There are rows of trees grown from historical specimens with a full description. Only about 10 years old, the promise of a wonderful experience was there even in the rain and sleet of March.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Warren, Indiana
Reviewed March 15, 2013

We stayed at the this establishment on our way back home from the east coast. Booked it based on Trip Advisor reviews. Was not disappointed. Beautiful room impression when we first walked in! Very large flat screen TV (which my husband loved!), refrigerator, microwave, coffee, separate vanity area, and wifi. Beds were okay but very high off the ground. There were lots of choices in the included breakfast, both hot foods and continental type. Would give excellent rating except for attitude of person working front desk. We would definitely stay here again - it's a good value!

Room Tip: We called directly to the hotel to book reservations.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Frugalmama57
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed February 27, 2013

I had a girlfriend weekend with 6 women and 6 kids. The hotel was clean, mattresses were comfortable, the staff was just wonderful. They were willing to bend over backwards for me and my friends. We were so gracious to the staff for being so accomodating. I think we will be returning very soon. Thanks for making our trip memorable. We had so much fun!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Charleston, West Virginia
Reviewed February 25, 2013

My wife and I were traveling to visit family in the Dayton area. I read the reviews on TripAdvisor, and chose to stay at the Christopher. From the moment I entered the building, I was immediately impressed with the cleanliness of the building. The desk personnel were extremely friendly and made my wife and I feel as if we were truly their guests--not customers. I later commented to my wife that I don't remember ever being welcomed so warmly at checkin. The room was very comfortable (and did I mention CLEAN???). Coffee maker, microwave, refrigerator, etc were even clean--I usually avoid these in other motels. My wife even mentioned the quality of the iron and ironing board! Bedding materials were first-rate (pillow cases and sheets were a little rough). And let's not forget the oh-so-soft towels that surpassed the quality of the $200+ per night resort hotel where I recently stayed. The shower had great pressure with lots of warm water (and was again extremely clean). Also, they have a very nice breakfast buffet (I know this sounds stupid, but this is one of the few motels that has slices of cheese on the buffet--nice if you want to make a breakfast sandwich from their sausage, egg, and biscuits). Again, it's all in the details!

The only negative comment would be the noise from the hallway--it's not thin walls, but doors that do not seal well. We were able to hear the conversation of every person who walked by the door.

For the first time in a long time, I actually found myself wishing I could stay in the area a little longer--just to enjoy the Christopher! I was pleasantly surprised and impressed. We are looking forward to our next chance to visit!

Room Tip: To avoid some of the noise issues with the hallway, I would suggest avoiding rooms near the stairway...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
ChrisInn2010, Front Office Manager at Christopher Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Dear 20runner,

Thanks for your wonderful feedback. I'm glad you had a such a wonderful experience with us. We pride ourselves in offering great customer service and clean facilities. Our goal is to make you feel at home. We look forward to accommodating you, again, if you're ever in the area.

Andrea Davis
Front Desk Manager
Christopher Inn and Suites
CHILLICOTHE
Reviewed February 13, 2013

We took last minute trip to spend time with our kids. The hotel was very nice, cheapest room in town. Nice pool area and hot breakfast. The only thing I don't like is how they freeze additional funds on your bank acct for days, mine still hasn't been release. I will follow-up with another phone call. Overall, it's my top pick in Chillicothe, Ohio!

Room Tip: Avoid rooms closest to the stairwells and lobby. Lots of traffic!
nc
Reviewed February 11, 2013

My husband and I were travelling from NC to WI and we were bringing two puppies with us so we needed to find a place to stay that accepted pets. After doing and internet search we found the Christopher Inn and Suites. I read the reviews and we decided to stop and see if they had any rooms available. Our room was clean, the bed was comfortable and we had a refrig and microwave in our room. We were very pleased with hotel. They was an indoor pool although we did not use it. This hotel is a good choice for people who are traveling and looking for a nice place to stay.

Washington, Missouri
Reviewed January 23, 2013

The have a nice, clean facility, with great pool and patio. We held an impromptu Family gathering there, and they were more than accomodating of our non-guest family members enjoying the pool and patio. After spending the night, they were gracious enough to accomodate a health issue I had suffered while staying, and were more than gracious to assist without any prompting. Not just a nice place , but wonderful hosts!
We are returning every year from here on out!
P.S. Did not go to the restaurant or gym

Room Tip: Go directly to their website.. not always listed on travel search sites
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
ChrisInn2010, General Manager at Christopher Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Just wanted to thank you for your kind words...We appreciate your business.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chillicothe
Hampton Inn and Suites Chillicothe
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Circleville
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#2 of 4 in Circleville

Been to Christopher Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!