Best Western Adena Inn
$91
$85
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
All reviewspancakesthe past yearsno elevatorpancake makerroom was cleanparking lot isa great stayfirst floorrecommend this hotelstaff was friendlyking bedclean placeyogurthotel staffvery comfortable stayin townan older hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 2, 2013

We stayed at this hotel while in Chillicothe for the show, Tecumseh and other historic sightseeing. The room was clean and well maintained. There was both a microwave and refrigerator in the room which was very convenient. This hotel is close to the outdoor drama, Tecumseh, as well as other historic sights (Adena Mansion and Museum and the Mound City Group). The breakfast was above average, but not excellent. There were eggs, biscuits, sausage gravy, bagels, danishes, yogurts, bananas and pancakes. We would have liked a "meat" choice such as sausage or bacon, but that was not available. Coffee, tea, milk and juices (orange and apple) were also available. The air conditioning unit was a bit noisy throughout the night. The price was great compared to other hotels only a few blocks away.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
BWAdenaInn, Manager at Best Western Adena Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Dear VacationLover2323,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor.com. This website is a great tool to let travelers and consumers know other's peoples experiences. This site also helps us know what we are doing right and what we could improve on. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We take pride in providing a clean, comfortable place for our guests to stay. We are located close to all of the historical attractions that you have mentioned and we are the closest hotel to Tecumseh the Outdoor Drama. I do hope that you will come visit us again if you are ever in our area! If you ever need anything in the future please feel free to call us @ 740-775-7000. Thanks again for leaving us some feedback.
Best Wishes,

Reviewed July 20, 2013

all though the staff was extremely helpful, our rooms had ants and i didn't feel i got what i paid for. the hotel was very close to many shopping areas and restaurants which was a plus. the laundry facility was unavailable because the washer and dryers were defective. for the money i paid for two rooms i was not impressed with the overall appearance of the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
BWAdenaInn, Manager at Best Western Adena Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Dear Jacquelyn R,
I want to apologize to you for not meeting your expectations. We did just complete a remodel a few months ago and now we are working on the landscaping to brighten up our appearance on the exterior of our building. I do not know where the ants came from in your room but we did have our extermination company come in and spray the day you checked out to solve the issue. I definitely appreciate you informing us so we could take care of the problem. Trust me this is not typical of our hotel.

We do not have a guest laundry facility so I do apologize about any inconveniences this may have caused you during your stay with us. We refer our guests to the coin Laundromat which is directly behind us in the shopping center.

We are located right in the heart of Bridge Street, which does offer several dining options and shopping centers, several of which is within walking distance.

Thank you so much for leaving us and other fellow Trip Advisor’s feedback about your stay at our property. I love hearing guest’s feedback, good or bad, that way we know what we are doing well and what we need to improve on. I hope you come back and see us again soon.

Take Care,

Reviewed July 12, 2013

Traveling through Ohio from Illinois to the east coast, our family needed an affordable place to stay. The price was right for a clean room, friendly staff, and yummy breakfast. The location and exterior aren't impressive, but don't judge a book by its cover. The staff was incredibly helpful and made great suggestions for dining and activities close by with 2 kids in tow. It was raining when we arrived, so we didn't swim, but the pool looked very clean and we would have swam if the weather cooperated.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
BWAdenaInn, Manager at Best Western Adena Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Dear mrsv18,
I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We did undergo a major renovation over the winter months and our last project is the landscaping, in which we are working on as we speak! Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback about your stay at our property. By telling us what we did right and what we need to work on is what keeps us on our toes. I love hearing about our guest’s experiences, good or bad. I'm glad that you enjoyed our breakfast. I think we have an awesome breakfast to offer our guests every morning. We pride ourselves in providing superior customer service to our guests and I'm glad we were able to provide that to you! Thanks once again for taking the time to rate us on TripAdvisor.
Thanks and I hope to see you again,

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Stayed at this location for four nights. Hotel is old, but the room was confortable for sleeping. Internet service was fine without any problems or breakdowns. AM breakfast was always good. Female hotel staff knew the area and made recommendations on places to eat. Would return again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank George B
BWAdenaInn, Manager at Best Western Adena Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Hi George B,
Thank you for leaving feedback! I always appreciate guests letting us know how their stay was. I hope you come back and see us again soon!
Thanks again for taking your time to let everyone know about your experience!

Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

Spent the night after driving all day. The desk was very accomidating when I realized the online reservation I made on the road was messed up. They got me a room and it was nice, clean and comfortable. The kids enjoyed the outdoor pool although it seemed a little chilly.

• Stayed: July 2013

Hello Postalg33k,
Thank you for taking the time to leave us such great feedback. I am so glad that we were able to correct your reservation and that the kids enjoyed our pool. It is always nice to hear our guest’s thoughts and comments and concerns so we know what we are doing well and what we could improve on. I'm happy you were overall pleased with your stay and I hope you stop back by and see us if you are ever in the area again.
Thanks,