“Great Place for A Night....”

Hampton Inn and Suites Chillicothe
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Chillicothe
Baltic, Ohio
“Great Place for A Night....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2012

We spend the night after watching Tecumseh Show, Rooms are very nice and clean,staff was very helpful with directions and other questions....The breakfast was awesome it is a full breakfast,they had ommlettes that were very good,it is definately better than most continental breakfast at other hotels!!!!!! The location is within walking distance of places to eat...and it is back off the main path!!!! Would stay here again!!!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Andrea D, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn and Suites Chillicothe, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
I wanted to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. We appreciate the fact that you did and hope to see you back again soon. It is people like yourself that take the time to comment on our hotel that help us grow and get better each day at what we do. Taking care of our guests and making them feel like this is their home away from home is a pleasure.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Galena, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2012

My wife and I and our 2 daughters stayed here to see Tecumseh's Outdoor Drama. This hotel was not only extremely clean but the staff made us feel as though we were at home. I will recommend it to all I know and also the drama. Chillicothe has alot more to offer than we realized. Great stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Andrea D, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn and Suites Chillicothe, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy schedule to place a review on Trip Advisor for our hotel. We appreciate it and hope to have you stay with us again soon.
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2012

My husband and I stayed in Hampton Inn (our favorite hotel) in Chilicothe. As always it didn't disappoint. Hotel was expansive with nice family gathering areas, had an extra nice, large bathroom (just shower, no bath tub). Full breakfast was served between 6 and 10 am. Everything was great! Exercise room, indoor pool. Loved having a refrigerator in the room. If you go to see Tecumseh, as we did, be sure to ask about their Tecumseh vouchers w/ hotel stay. You will save some money.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Lima Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2012

We were in Chillicothe to meet up with family and do a little sightseeing. The location of the Hampton was perfect for us; just off US 35 with easy access to restaurants, the downtown area, the outdoor drama, and historical sites in Chillicothe.

The inn was clean and in good repair. Though they were doing some renovations, noise and inconvenience weren’t issues during our stay. The staff we encountered conduced themselves very professionally.

Our room with two queen beds was clean and comfortable, a bit larger than expected with a nice TV, large bathroom, microwave and decent sized refrigerator. The room was reasonably quiet with just a bit of elevator noise (we were across the hall from the first floor doors) and a droning AC unit. We didn’t notice any highway noise.

The breakfast seating area is large and open to the lobby with high ceilings and views and access to the courtyard that has limited additional seating. The serving area is a little tight but workable and the food is a little better than the typical fare.

We’d stay here again.

1 Thank Poppy-GT
Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2012

We stayed here one night to see the outdoor drama Tecumseh. I found out they have a Tecumseh package that included tickets to the drama and also the back stage tour. It was nice to have everything taken care of when we got there. We had vouchers waiting for us to exchange for our tickets after we got to the amphitheater and that saved a lot of time and we did get a little savings on the tickets. The room was very clean and the bed was comfortable. The complimentary breakfast was also good.

Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

I stayed here one night with my children and booked the Tecumseh package. Overall, everything was great except my non-smoking room reeked of cigarette smoke. I could tell they tried to cover it up becasue it smelled like Febreeze when we first walked in but it quickly disappeared into full fledge stale cigarettes. If I hadn't been running late to get to the Tecumseh show I would have said something to have our room changed. Breakfast was good and the kids loved the indoor pool. I would stay here again if we ever come back to Chillicothe.

High Point, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2012

I stayed here one night for business. I needed a good, clean, quiet place to study, sleep, get an early breakfast and get out. When I checked in the front desk personnel were friendly and efficient. The room was clean and the TV remote had a good battery in it (so often I find that the battery in the TV remote is bad at hotels). They put me down near the end of a hall and it was quiet.

There are a few restaurants real close (Applebees, Ponderosa Steakhouse, Burger King, Big Boy, a Chinese-Thai restaurant, etc..). After I dropped my bags in the room I walked to Applebees which took maybe five minutes.

The bed was super comfortable and I slept really well.

They told me that breakfast would start being served at 6am. I was there at 6am and breakfast was in fact, being served. They had the normal hotel fare like bagels, muffins, yogurt, toast, cereal, boiled eggs and fruit. They served (make your own) waffles. They had a warmer that contained bacon strips and some pre-made omelets and egg based muffin toppers. The omelet was OK. Not as good as a fresh made one but, it was OK. Coffee and Juice was also available.

When I woke up early that morning the receipt was slid under my door so, check out for me was dropping my key card off at the front desk. I did discover when I got home that I left my cell phone charger in the room. I guess we'll see if it gets mailed home. I'm not holding my breath.

Nevertheless, if ever I'm occasioned to return to Chillicothe Ohio I will stay here again.

Room Tip: They offer rooms with two double beds or one king bed. I got the two double beds as it was a shade...