“Terrific lodging for highway travelers”

Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Chillicothe
Chicago, Illinois
“Terrific lodging for highway travelers”
Reviewed April 27, 2014

Passing through Chillicothe on our way to Hocking Hills State Park. Based on earlier reviews, we knew we had to go here. While the location is nothing special (an empty restaurant sits in front), the hotel is excellent in all other respects. The lobby is modern, clean and stylish. The rooms are fantastic. We had great room, two queen beds, with all the amenities needed for an "overnight, just-passing-through" visit. Hotel check-in staff were friendly and checked to make sure we were satisfied by calling 30 minutes after check-in to make sure we were happy. Breakfast was above-average and we thought the automatic pancake machine was a hoot. While not really a complaint, the clerk at the desk when we checked out was less than enthusiastic and seemed to be having a bad day. If ever we are in the area, we'll stay here: highly recommended.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
DeeJay H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chillicothe East, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Dear P K,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. I am very glad to hear you had a great stay here at our hotel. We take a lot of pride in our hotel and the level of service we provide. Hocking Hill is such a beautiful park to experience. I'm very sorry to hear that the guest service represenative that checked you out well less thank enthursiastic. If you don't mind sending me an e-mail (deejay.howard@ahihotels.com) on exactly what day you checked out so I can look further into your experience during check out. We want each and every guest to have a positive interaction with the staff.

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Chillicothe. We appriciate your business and hope to see you again soon!

Holiday Inn Express Chillicothe East

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Chesapeake, Virginia
Reviewed April 25, 2014 via mobile

Quick overnight stay on our way to Michigan. Hotel is beautifully remodeled. Dining area is very modern and reminiscent of an upscale urban hotel. Who would have thought? Large rooms and a great bathroom fan that actually clears the fog, Friendly staff, nice breakfast and great coffee.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
DeeJay H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chillicothe East, responded to this review, April 26, 2014
Dear MadCOWVirginia,

Thank you so much for leaving us great feedback. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found the hotel to be beautifully renovated. We have done a great deal of renovations to provide our guests, such as yourself a great place to stay. We take a lot of pride in our hotel and want each and every guest to have a positive and memorable experience.

Kalamazoo, Michigan
Reviewed April 9, 2014

I stay in hotels fairly frequently, and can usually find something that is not quite right. Not so at this Holiday Inn. Friendly staff, everything very clean. Since I have no complaints, I will detail a few of the issues that would be of interest to me if I were reading a review. This hotel is either brand new or recently remodeled: stone countertops, undermount sink, trendy decor, etc. Full breakfast bar with a pancake machine instead of a waffle maker. Faster, so no lines for the pancakes. There are hot protein options as well as the usual carb choices for breakfast. Nice to have a choice of both firm and soft pillows. Beds are most definitely firm. From our room we could sometimes hear conversations in the hallway but not a problem. Good TV with lots of channels. Price was reasonable as well. We don't often stay at H.I.
because we can usually find a cheaper option but this one was competitively priced. I can see why this is Trip Advisor's #1 in Chillicothe.

• Stayed April 2014
DeeJay H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chillicothe East, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Dear Lonnie C,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us such wonderful feedback. I'm very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay here at our hotel and found that we have a friendly staff and a very clean hotel. We take a lot of pride in our hotel and the level of service we provide. We do have a wonderful breakfast and we will be making some positive changes here soon, so keep on the look out! Our bed are still fairly new and we are currently exploring options for mattress pads for better comfort.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

-The decor is sleek new and modern throughout.
-The room was very clean and smelled fresh.
-The workout room only consists of two treadmills and a stationary bike, but was also clean and open 24 hrs which was a definite plus!
-breakfast was the standard HIExpress breakfast. The dining area was cleaned constantly by the attendant, who was friendly.
-The only "miss" in my opinion was that it took three days for my charges to post to my credit card. I didn't have a receipt under my door in the morning and I forgot to ask for one upon leaving. But one call to the desk clerk, and she emailed my receipt as requested.
-A very enjoyable stay!!

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
DeeJay H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chillicothe East, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such great feedback. I'm very happy to hear that you had a very relaxing and enjoyable stay. We take a lot of pride in our hotel. We do have limited fitness equipment, however our guests do get a special daily rate at our local YMCA that many guests do enjoy and take advantage of. I do apologize that you did not receive you receipt under you door before check out, but glad to hear when you called in we took care of it right away. Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Chillicothe and hope to see you again soon!

Easley, South Carolina
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,034 helpful votes
Reviewed March 3, 2014

Stayed here over 2 periods 05Jan14 - 06Feb14 and 09Feb14 - 19Feb14 for work. All employees that I encountered were most courteous. Laurie and Michael, were the 2 folks that I saw the most at the front desk and both were more than helpful.

This property appears to have been updated in the last year or so. The best thing was the cleanliness of the rooms from the carpets and all of the furnishings. The television really nice. Nice quality towels. Bed could have been a tad less firm for my taste but that was about the only downside that I experienced in the actual room. Had a location at the end of the 3rd floor and it was fairly quiet. Occasionally, over the period of my stays, a guest was somewhat louder than one might expect but that is really outside of the hotel's control.

I left fairly early in the morning and returned late in the evening but did occasionally grab something off of the breakfast to-go. It was much more than adequate. Enjoyed having the USA papers available during the week.

The only negatives that I encountered during my stay was that the pool was closed the entire time for some type of rehab. I had planned on utilizing it for some laps and hot tub time. Also, the weather was really rough and the parking lot was not maintained in a very good manner.

A very nice property for this or any area if you are looking for a comfortable, clean room.

Room Tip: 3rd floor, away from the elevators worked great for me.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank abcjjl
DeeJay H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chillicothe East, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Dear abcjjl,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us wonderful feedback. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay here at our hotel and that Michael and Lori was very helpful. Our property was fully renovated in 2012. We take a lot of pride in our hotel and the level of service we provide to our guests.

I do apologize for the inconvenience of the pool being closed during your stay. The weather we experienced this year was far worse than in previous years and caused some major damage to our pool area. It is back up and running though! It was a very busy time for snow plow companies and the company we use tried as hard as they could to maintain it during all the bad weather.

Virginia
Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

Just off the exit. Fairly new property obviously built from the ground up (not rebranded from other hotel chain). Nice and welcoming staff. Lobby and breakfast area clean and modern with fireplace. Rooms updated with nice bedding, flat screen TVs, free wifi and refrigerator. One of the best free breakfasts I have had in awhile! lots of choices. Only complaint would be bread was not as fresh as it could have been (English muffin hard as a brick) and fresh fruit would have been great otherwise plenty to get you going in the morning. Several chain restaurants nearby for other meals. We will visit again when in the area.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Travelmom29
DeeJay H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chillicothe East, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
Dear Travelmom29,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us wonderful feedback. I am so glad to hear that you had a great experience here at our hotel. We take a lot of pride in our hotel and the level of service we provide to our guests. We want to make sure our guests feel right at home, can relax and enjoy their stay. Our breakfast is great and offer a lot of choices so guests can start their day off right. Thank you so much for choosing the Holiday Inn Express. We hope to see you again next time you're in town!

Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We stayed here on our way thru town. The hotel was easy to find, rooms were in great shape, newly remodeled, room clean, nice TV, nice shower, tube, sinks.....

The staff was very friendly, check in fast, away from the highway enough that we did not hear road noise in our room. Laurie at the front desk promptly took care of a minor problem with the room when we went out for dinner and called to make sure everything was now acceptable.

The bed was firm but comfortable. They have two pillows each marked "Firm" and "soft", I've never seen that before. It was nice to have the option.

We found breakfast to be good, the standard options for an HI Express, everything was fresh, it was kept stocked, coffee full, area clean.

I did not use the pool but stepped in to take a look. It looked older but the family in it said the water was great and they were having fun.

The parking lot was well lite and I felt safe parking my car there with all out extra luggage in it.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Knothead
DeeJay H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chillicothe East, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Dear Knothead,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such great feedback. I'm happy to hear that Lori was able to take care of a minor problem you had in your room. We strive to be the best of the best and make sure our guests have a positive experience. I'm glad that you had a great experience here at our hotel. Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Chillicothe and we hope to see you again soon!