“Modern decor, clean and comfortable rooms”

Holiday Inn Express Chillicothe East
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Chillicothe
Reviewed August 6, 2013

My husband and I were visiting from out of state at the end of July to attend a friend's wedding. We chose this hotel because we usually stay at a Holiday Inn or another hotel with this brand when we travel.

We had read reviews (on Trip Advisor) that the hotel had been remodeled and we weren't disappointed.

The lobby was decorated with some relaxing colors and comfortable modern furniture. The rooms also reflected updated colors and comfortable furnishings.

The hotel was very clean - we are acutely attentive to this aspect and the hotel met with our standards of cleanliness.

Breakfast was fairly standard - it's the same as what is served in other Holiday Inn's - pretty decent selection. I'm probably more picky than my husband when it comes to breakfast because I'm not much into traditional breakfast food, but no problem - I ate a muffin, a boiled egg and some coffee and juice. All good.

We didn't get to use the pool, but it looked clean and well-maintained.

Decent selection of TV channels.

Noise level was okay after the child in the room above us stopped scampering back and forth incessantly for about 1 1/2 hours at about 8:30pm (where do they get the stamina). Truly, it wasn't bad overall - we were on the first floor at the end of the hall to the right and other than the aerobic workout incident, we never really heard any noise.

We were disappointed to see that whoever owns the lot in front of the hotel, has allowed it to become a mess, with the abandoned building sitting in a state of decay. I remember from when I lived in Ross County, that this lot used to house a Bob Evans, and now, it's just an eyesore. Someone with the funding and initiative is missing an opportunity because I'm sure there are plenty of hotel guests who would rather walk to a nice restaurant next door as opposed to braving the traffic on North Bridge Street (which has only gotten progressively worse over the years).

This hotel had an excellent rate for state employees, which was a bonus for us since I am a state employee and we could use the discount.

We would stay here again - it's easy to access from north or south - close to gas stations, and there's a Tim Horton's right down the street.

Good experience.

Room Tip: Next time, I would probably choose a higher floor - our preference would be same side of the buildin...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
DeeJay H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chillicothe East, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013

Dear Andi20102010,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us such great feedback.. We love hearing from out guests on their experience here at our hotel. Our hotel was fully renovated in 2012 and I'm glad to hear we've met your standards of cleanliness and comfort. I do apologize on the noise that your experienced and we would have asked them to quiet down so you didn't have to listen to the scampering above you.

The Bob Evans lot in front of our hotel isn't so pleasant to look at, however the lot is now being maintained for a better curb appeal and doesn't look so abandoned. We hope that sometime in the near future there is a really nice restaurant that opens up so our guests will have somewhere in walking distance to dine.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

Definitely one of the best HIE's we have stayed at if not the best. Very modern and comtemporary. Promptly greeted at reception desk at check in. We had requested a quiet area of hotel and we were accommodated by being on the top level at the end of a hallway. We had 2 queen beds, desk with chair and another chair. Large bathroom vanity with shelves underneath to hold all our toiletries. The breakfast was great - even cinnamon rolls were warm and moist and not hard like they had been sitting for hours. When riding the elevator back up to our room after breakfast, the other couple in the elevator mentioned what a nice hotel it was. We agreed. Would definitely stay again if in area.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
DeeJay H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chillicothe East, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

Dear kdunn1211,

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us such wonderful feedback! I am so glad to hear that you had a wonderful stay here at our hotel. We take a lot of pride in our hotel and the level of customer service we provide. Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Chillicothe and we hope to see you again soon!!

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Our daughter was running a 5K race in Jackson, Ohio and we wanted to surprise her by being there to see her start and finish the race. Living 3 hours away we checked for a Holiday Inn Express close to that area and on our route. From check in to thanking and tipping the lovely lady, Elsa, in the breakfast area our experience was top notch. The hotel was just reconditioned in March, 2013 and was very clean. There is a very nice work out room, pool and as mentioned earlier a very nice food service, breakfast area. We stayed in a handicapped accessible room. This hotel still includes, shampoo, conditioner and lotion. Plenty of nice towels were available. (please remember that in the handicap rooms the controls for the air conditioning/heating are on the wall rather than changeable at the actual air/heating window unit) Holiday Inn also honors active duty and retired military by giving a discounted rate for rooms. "Thank you Holiday Inn".

Room Tip: Handicap accessible room are near the elevators on upper floors
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
DeeJay H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chillicothe East, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Dear grantofour61,

Thank you so much for you wonderful feedback. I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your experience here at our hotel. I will be sure to share your wonderful comments with Elsa and my entire staff as they will be delighted to know how they are doing. Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Chillicothe and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Wish every hotel was this clean and stylish. Stayed here for one night with our family. The room was clean and spacious. Bathroom was large and clean. Beds very comfortable. Would highly recommend this hotel.

Dear momoftwinsOntario,

Thank you so much for leaving us such great feedback. I am very glad to hear that you have a great experience here at our hotel. We take a lot of pride in providing our guests with clean rooms and great service. Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Chillicothe and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

Chillicothe is small town so my expectations were low. The rooms are modern, clean and updated. The beds are ver comfy.The prices are great and they have a free breakfast. The location is a little sketchy.

• Stayed: June 2013
DeeJay H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chillicothe East, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Dear Savanasin,

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback. I'm very happy to know that you enjoyed your stay here at our hotel during your travel. While we may not be located in a prime location we are however conveniently located right off the highway nestled far back away from traffic. Holiday Inn Express has a wonderful complimentary hot buffet breakfast with a pretty neat pancake machine! Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Chillicothe and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed June 20, 2013

My biz partner and I came though for work and picked the place partly for the gym. The hotel was ok and checking in was quick and efficient and of course the staff was friendly as in most of these properties. I was let down with the gym because I forget how most of these don't have any free-weights but glad I was able to at least use the spot for the treadmill and I did some strength without weights. Free breakfast is always a nice and the room was clean plus but I think housekeeping was unaware that they smothered a couple of mosquitos to death in each of our beds but hey, it's summer and it's bound to happen. :)

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Dear HarryDiggs,

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your business day to leave us feedback. I'm glad to hear that we have friendly service and that check in was quick and efficient. I do apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with the beds. I will definitely look into the issue with mosquitos as we've never had that issue before. Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Chillicothe and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed June 18, 2013

I can't say enough good things about this hotel, it was beautiful. Everything was brand new and modern, and really impressive. The doors were solid, the rooms were spotless and nicely done, nice tv, nice bathroom, just amazed by it all.

We were on a road trip, and this was the most expensive stay of the 9 day trip, being more than double the rate of the first night, but this place was all decked out. On my way to the hotel, a few hours before arriving, someone backed into me as we pulled into a Mcdonalds, he threw it in reverse, and left a huge black smudge on my bumper. Ironically, the hotel had make up remover and we fixed the entire bumper with it!!! It was awesome!

The shampoo and conditioner smelled great, high quality fixtures, fridge and microwave, everything was perfect.

The breakfast was to die for, those cinnamon buns are great! They had a pancake machine which I never saw before, different flavors of bagels and toast, delicious omelets (first eggs I have enjoyed at any hotel breakfast), yogurt, FLAVORED coffee, biscuits, and more!

The breakfast area itself was amazingly beautiful. Everything was fresh and delicious, the most enjoyable breakfast I have had on the trip.

Only negatives, the entrance has an abandoned shell gas station on one side, and an abandoned Bob Evans on the other side. Its behind two dilapidated structures. Also the "neighborhood" to the left of the property had people staying out past midnight partying. I'd suggest a wood fence lining that part of the parking lot.

Otherwise, I'd totally recommend this hotel to anyone, the price was fairly reasonable, and the rooms were great! Everything was perfect inside!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
DeeJay H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chillicothe East, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

Dear Mikemir87,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! I am so glad that you had an amazing experience here at our hotel. Our new white citrus scented Bath & Body Works bathroom amenities are very nice! We make sure our guests start their day off right with a delicious hot breakfast and what makes it great is that it's complimentary. I'm glad that the make up remove had a multipurpose use and you were able to buff that smudge right out with it! Thank you so much for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Chillicothe during your travel and we hope to see you again soon!

DeeJay Howard

Also consider these accommodations in or near Chillicothe
Hampton Inn and Suites Chillicothe
Rodeway Inn
Rodeway Inn
#8 of 8 in Chillicothe
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Circleville

Been to Holiday Inn Express Chillicothe East? Share your experiences!