“Ok spot for your sleepy eyes”

Holiday Inn Express Chillicothe East
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Chillicothe
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Ok spot for your sleepy eyes”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

My biz partner and I came though for work and picked the place partly for the gym. The hotel was ok and checking in was quick and efficient and of course the staff was friendly as in most of these properties. I was let down with the gym because I forget how most of these don't have any free-weights but glad I was able to at least use the spot for the treadmill and I did some strength without weights. Free breakfast is always a nice and the room was clean plus but I think housekeeping was unaware that they smothered a couple of mosquitos to death in each of our beds but hey, it's summer and it's bound to happen. :)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
DeeJay H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chillicothe East, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear HarryDiggs,

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your business day to leave us feedback. I'm glad to hear that we have friendly service and that check in was quick and efficient. I do apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with the beds. I will definitely look into the issue with mosquitos as we've never had that issue before. Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Chillicothe and we hope to see you again soon!

DeeJay Howard

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Warren, Rhode Island
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I can't say enough good things about this hotel, it was beautiful. Everything was brand new and modern, and really impressive. The doors were solid, the rooms were spotless and nicely done, nice tv, nice bathroom, just amazed by it all.

We were on a road trip, and this was the most expensive stay of the 9 day trip, being more than double the rate of the first night, but this place was all decked out. On my way to the hotel, a few hours before arriving, someone backed into me as we pulled into a Mcdonalds, he threw it in reverse, and left a huge black smudge on my bumper. Ironically, the hotel had make up remover and we fixed the entire bumper with it!!! It was awesome!

The shampoo and conditioner smelled great, high quality fixtures, fridge and microwave, everything was perfect.

The breakfast was to die for, those cinnamon buns are great! They had a pancake machine which I never saw before, different flavors of bagels and toast, delicious omelets (first eggs I have enjoyed at any hotel breakfast), yogurt, FLAVORED coffee, biscuits, and more!

The breakfast area itself was amazingly beautiful. Everything was fresh and delicious, the most enjoyable breakfast I have had on the trip.

Only negatives, the entrance has an abandoned shell gas station on one side, and an abandoned Bob Evans on the other side. Its behind two dilapidated structures. Also the "neighborhood" to the left of the property had people staying out past midnight partying. I'd suggest a wood fence lining that part of the parking lot.

Otherwise, I'd totally recommend this hotel to anyone, the price was fairly reasonable, and the rooms were great! Everything was perfect inside!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
DeeJay H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chillicothe East, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Dear Mikemir87,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! I am so glad that you had an amazing experience here at our hotel. Our new white citrus scented Bath & Body Works bathroom amenities are very nice! We make sure our guests start their day off right with a delicious hot breakfast and what makes it great is that it's complimentary. I'm glad that the make up remove had a multipurpose use and you were able to buff that smudge right out with it! Thank you so much for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Chillicothe during your travel and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We used to stay here when this HI Express was first built. After several years it changed hands and went downhill fast. We were glad to see that Holiday Inn has remodeled the hotel and brought it back up to its quality level of service and accommodations. We will definitely stay here again!

It is located away from the main shopping and restaurant area but that is a benefit as far as I'm concerned since it makes it quieter. I don't mind having to drive a little to find food.

We didn't use the pool but saw quite a few who did. Would be nice if it had a hot tub.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
DeeJay H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chillicothe East, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Dear kchappelow,

Thank you so much for your positive feedback. I am very glad that you decided to give the new Holiday Inn Express Chillicothe a try! It means a lot to us when we hear that our guests enjoyed their stay. We spent a great deal of time and effort with our new ownership and management company to make this a great hotel that guests love. Thank you so much for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Chillicothe and we hope to see you again soon!

Bradenton, Florida
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Very friendly and accomodating front desk staff. Breakfast staff lady was very nice, and kept the area well stocked and immaculate. Staff went out of their way to assist me every time I visited. I could not say enough good things about them. The only downfall was in the housekeeping department. This could use a little improvement. It appears that the rugs in the rooms were not vaccumed daily, and they may not have a "double-checker" going behind the staff to confirm everything is up to snuff. Overall, the rooms are neat, clean, and perfect, but there may be one or two housekeepers that just need some re-training. Don't let that stop you from staying there though. It was definately the best hotel in the area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
DeeJay H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chillicothe East, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Dear Its_Me449,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience here at our hotel. We love hearing positive feedback and areas where we need to improve. We are constantly providing ongoing training to our employees in order to provide you with a great hotel and wonderful experience. Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Chillicothe and we hope to see you again soon!

Davisburg, Michigan
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Myself, son and his friend travelled from Virginia on Sunday evening toward Michigan and did not have any hotel reservation. We finally had enough travel and decided to stop in Ohio and came upon a Holiday Inn (we stayed at 2 different H.I.s in Virginia which were great!). We were extremely tired and didn't want to drive anymore and the front desk was extremely helpful in securing a room for us. All I can say is this Holiday Inn is amazing; beautifully decorated if you like ultra-modern decor, clean and comfortable. The hotel is fairly new and the lobby area and breakfast areas were beautiful and clean. The boys did not have a chance to swim, but we did partake in breakfast which was very good. Unfortunately they ran out of pancake mixture, but there was much to choose from. Thank you for a comfortable night's stay!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
DeeJay H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chillicothe East, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Dear Tracey T,

I'm glad to hear about your amazing experience here at our hotel. Thank you so much for all your kind words. There was a lot of time and preparation that take took place for our renovation and it turned out to be a very beautiful transformation. We take much pride in our hotel and want to make sure each and every guest has a wonderful experience. Thank you for choosing our hotel and we hope to see you again!

South Suburb of Chicago
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Nice stay, average Holiday Inn, very friendly staff. Beds were comfortable but did not sleep well, hot hotels fault. Good breakfast variety and wonderful breakfast staff, made you feel like family and cleaned so well when tables were emptied. Very impressive. We are priority members and love the holiday inn hotels, this lived up to expectations.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
DeeJay H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chillicothe East, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear eeyore65,

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback. We love hearing from our guests. I am very happy to hear you had a comfortable stay and we treated you like family. We strive to make it your home away from home. Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Chillicothe and thank you again for your wonderful feedback. We hope to see you again soon!

Winston Salem, North Carolina
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Caught on the road, late at night, in a bad snowstorm, I would have settled for any accommodation to get out of the weather. However, when I walked into the lobby of this motel, I felt welcomed by the warmth (figurative and literal) of the facility and the service of the person at the desk. The room was exceptionally nice. The price of the room was a good value. The experience was much better than I have had at other motels within an hour's drive of Chillicothe, -both directions, on my frequent journeys through that part of Ohio. I will happily stay there again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
DeeJay H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chillicothe East, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Dear SRDslz,

Thank you so much for the wonderful feedback, we really appreciate it. I am so happy to hear you felt very welcomed and overall had a great experience. We take a lot of pride in our hotel and service we provide. I will be sure to pass the kind words onto our staff so they will know how they are doing. Again thank you so much! I hope to see you again soon, hopefully with better weather conditions next time!