Absolutely 1 of the most secluded and beautiful locations we've come across in all of Vietnam. Quy Nhon is a non-descipt city, not regarded as a tourist destination such as Nha Trang, Phan Tiet or Hoi An, however this little gem of a resort is the perfect hideaway without the usual tourist paraphenalia that so often ruin many places here. The resort itself has it's own private beach, where if you come across another person it is very unusual, it has a beautiful spa with open-air treatment rooms with unobstructed views to the ocean, yoga classes for the more fitness minded plus a beautifully clean circular outdoor pool overlooking the beach. They do organise a few trips including a short hop to the island opposite in the very traditional circular fishing boats, but apart from that there is little to do here as you are at least 20 minutes by taxi from the city-not that there is much to do in the city anyway as there are so few tourists. Rooms are tired but quirky; we liked the open plan design with huge floor to ceiling doors opening onto a nice balcony where we sat for many hours reading a book and supping some good quality (but expensive) wines, the bathroom had a powerful shower and that also overlooked the beach which made the whole room very bright and airy. With a bit of money spent the whole room would feel so much better as the wood and tiling was old and had a dirty feel to it. Food wise was a mixture; we liked the freshly cooked mixed veggies, vermicelli and beansprouts for breakfast, decent local eggs and also a good selection of local preserves, Dinner was a bit of hit and miss, chicken with ginger had good flavor but the local meat was stringy and tasteless and the seabass rubbed with cumin and ginger was not as fresh as we had in the city the day before. Very good quality Sauvignon Blanc from the Loire Valley perfectly chilled and served in top quality glasses. Shame we did not have WIFI in the room, as also the desktop connection in the lobby was very slow. TV selection was very poor, as was the picture quality. What we did really appreciate was the helpful and friendly nature of the Manager Trevor and the staff-yes there were a few "lost in translation" moments but this was more than made up for by the willingness of the staff to go out of their way to help us enjoy our stay. With a little bit of support and investment from the owners it could be an absolutely stunning place, not necessarily for a long stay but certainly for a weekend break or a 4 day midweek special-just come prepared with some books, I-pad, a sense of humour and a real desire to experience a part of unspoit Vietnam before the masses arrive.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sheltered by a private golden beach and soaring cliffs, AVANI Quy Nhon Resort & Spa offers a tropical beach and spa retreat generous in spirit and beauty. Muted shades of mint and white with splashes of aubergine of each of the 63 room and suites offer a soothing palette and contemporary comforts ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Prestigia, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your AVANI Quy Nhon Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Life Wellness Resort Quy Nhon Hotel Quy Nhon
- Life Wellness Quy Nhon
- Life Wellness Hotel Quy Nhon