“A GREAT home stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #21 of 1,117 Yilan B&B and Inns
Hong Kong, China
“A GREAT home stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2014

I found Sunday Home because it was highly recommended by several Taiwan blogs from my googling. It's indeed a great found and I had a very happy and satisfying stay with my family.

Mr. Lin the owner has been very friendly and helpful before and during our stay. He's given us a lot of useful info and advice while we're booking/communicating via email. He also helped us to arrange transportation to/from Sunday Home throughout our 2-night stay, which saved us a lot of trouble!

The rooms were nicely decorated and very clean, and we had very good rest during our stay. The views from our room was good (even though on rainy days). The whole building and the garden were beautiful and overall it's a very relaxing and comfortable countryside environment.

The highlight I'd say is the breakfast: All the food was home-cooked - and some was also home-grown - by Mr. and Mrs. Lin. It's delicious and healthy, and there were many variety. Honestly I was surprised that the dishes on the 2nd day was completely (not partially) different!

Location-wise it's not in downtown and you definitely need to drive or take a taxi from Luodong to Sunday Home. But what you would get in return is a quiet and relaxing Yilan countryside environment.

I would highly recommended Sunday Home if you're looking for a real home stay experience in Yilan.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
2 Thank germainecsl

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012 via mobile

This is really Home.

Mr Lin the owner picked us up from a great restaurant nearby (Xiang Yan). Showed genuine concerns for us too.

The rooms are well decorated and the main hall is lovely. Mr Lin briefed us on what to eat at the Luodong night market and what are the stalls to avoid. Try the spring onion pancakes outside the post office.

We bought some baby bamboo shoots from an organic farm nearby and Mrs Lin added that to the breakfast the next Morning. She is a great cook. The breakfast was awesome.

• Stayed October 2011
      Location
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
1 Thank HazeSingapore
singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2011

I booked sunday home minsu after a forummer recommended it. It was beautiful ! I only stayed for 1 night, which i regretted, I should have stayed for 2 nights. My driver from Taipei sent me to Sunday home, upon arrival, the lady boss served us cake (baked by her husband) and tea. Even the kids had tea served in very nice kids cups. Shortly after Mrs Lin (the lady boss) took out a map and introduced us all the must eats in Luodong night market. I did not go to the night market as I wanted to enjoy the scenery , the tranquility and the fresh air. It was a very good experience for a city deweller like me. The next morning, Mrs Lin prepared breakfast for us. We thought it was more like a lunch. She prepared xi fan and many other dishes, the vegetables were very fresh as her parents grew them and delievered to her every morning. She is indeed a good cook ! I would recommend anyone who visit Yilan to stay at Sunday home for the experience.

Stayed December 2011, traveled with family