“A lovely place to stay”

Ranked #46 of 1,143 Yilan County B&B and Inns
Matlock, United Kingdom
“A lovely place to stay”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

My wife and I traveled to the area with my daughter and her fiancee and they had booked us into this guest house as they were staying with friends. The guest house is lovely and immaculately clean, and our room was great with the most comfortable bed we slept in in Taiwan. There are no views as such but there is a great terrace on the roof to sit and relax. Breakfast was excellent, she even made breakfast for my daughter and fiancee even though they weren't staying there and were held up in the end. Wonderful host, wonderful experience. We hope to go back next Easter if circumstances allow.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank ian c
DreamYilan, 業者 at Delise's House, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Dear Ian,

Very nice to meet you and your family lately and thank you so much for your time to write this encouraging review.

I' ve enjoyed serving you and your family. Look forward to seeing you and your family again next year.

Please send my best regards to everyone there.

Take care,
Delise

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed August 22, 2012 via mobile

I travelled alone to Yilan and stayed at delise's house on 12th aug for a night. Prior to arrival, I had some issues with another hostel that I was staying on the 11th. Even though she was not obliged to, delise offered her help in settling it for me and at the same time made sure I had my itinerary planned before arrival. As I was travelling alone, delise made the special effort to look out for me. Upon arrival at the hostel, delise sat me down and went through my itinerary and offered her feedback. Throughout the discussion, she was all smiles and offered sincere and constructive feedback. Delise and her husband also offered me a ride from the city back to the hostel and shared with me the sights and sounds of Yilan on the journey back. The next morning before I departed, delise also had her husband queue early in the morning for traditional and famous breakfast so I could try! I have been to Taiwan 8 times and this is my first to Yilan. I can proudly say that this is the best hostel I've stayed at. If you happen to go, check out her wall of pictures and compliments written by people all over the world and you will know why she has received raving reviews! Delise house is not just a hostel but a home away from home. You can tell from first contact that delise house is not like any other hostel and delise is extremely genuine and passionate!
Throughout my entire trip in Taiwan, I couldn't stop thinking about how hospitable and helpful she was. This is what makes me want to go back to Taiwan each time. Yilan is beautiful because of delise and her amazing place. I'll never stay at another place in Yilan. Thanks for all your help aunty delise :)

Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank Alwynloh
Dear Alwyn,

Very nice to meet you and thank you very much for staying with us.
I appreciate your wonderful review.

Please come back again soon ^ ^

Have a wonderful life !!!

With my best wishes,
Aunt Delise
HK
Reviewed June 9, 2012

There are many B&B there in Yilan but if I came here next time, I will definitely choose this one again.
All the rooms in this villa are big, neat and designed in a modest yet elegant style. The privacy is good as well. As it is really quiet and the bed is so comfortable, you could just relax your mind & body and fall asleep soundly.
The hostel owner is pretty sweet and will offer you many useful information.She is a good cook. We started every day with a wholesome breakfast. We all miss her soooo much.
It is a peaceful place. We really felt like at home and enjoyed our stay so much at Delise's House. And I am sure you will,too.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank CherryLam
Dear Cherry,

Very nice to meet you and your classmates and many thanks for your nice words.

I enjoyed cooking for all of you and please stay with us again if
you come to Yilan.

Have a wonderful life !!!

All the best,
Aunt Delise
hong kong
Reviewed May 19, 2012

The B&B is value for money, very clean and modernly furnished. Bed is very comfortable. It is closely located to bus-stop that is about 15 minutes ride from the main train station and only 5 minutes walk to the recretional park that can take boat to National Centre for Traditional Arts. The hostel owner is very friendly and provide lot of useful information, also offer booking for day tours to other parts of Yilan. Breakfast is good as well. Recommended for retreat.

Room Tip: Choose Room A