“good location, great surf spot, nice food but management not friendly”

Arugambay Surf Resort and Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 21 Restaurants in Pottuvil
Cuisines: Seafood, Soups
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed April 21, 2014

we stayed here for a night and spent basically two days here in April. Everything was great apart from the management who in my opinion thought they were a bit up themselves. A shame as the others waiters were great and really helpful. In fact the management tried to charge me for a cancelled night which I had cancelled some weeks before and which stated that if we cancelled three days in advance there would be no charge. In the end it was resolved but just be aware. Also note that surfing is great at the Point but you need to be of an advanced level. Also you will need footwear as there is sharp coral. Bring flip flops as shops don't sell in the area.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

We went here a couple of times, first just to have coffee and use the wifi (works fine), the second time to have dinner. They have cosy sofas, and just a garden separates the restaurant area from the beach. The best thing here is the wide array of choices: Chinese, Sri Lankan, European, Mexican food! We had bean burritos (500 or 550 Rs), which were tasty and surprisingly authentic, if not perfect - but disappointingly small. Not the greatest value if you are hungry, but when you've had enough of rice and curry, the whole family will find something to their liking here.

Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

First day of our stay in arugam bay we choose this place for our dinner. I have got a garlic fish. It was not so bad. But the price was too much for what I got. My friend got rice and vegetable curry and it was the worsted. Just one mixed vegetable curry, small cup of rice, coconut sambol and tow papadams for 500 rupees. Staff was so unfriendly. The water didn't speak any single word with us. First and last never again

1  Thank dula2
Reviewed October 17, 2013

I came here with my family for a few nights while I was staying in sri lanka. I loved this place!! Amazing food! Amazing people! It was just amazing! Thankyou

Reviewed October 16, 2013

We had dinner in Arugambay Surf Resort and Restaurant many times in our stay in Arugambay. The menu is plenty of delicious dishes, for lunch or dinner. Good juices and smoothies. very good desserts. One night I tasted the crab... ummm the best crab in many time!!

lively atmosphere but quiet